JWMRK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello!

When you see a brilliantly outstanding Sanaya Irani's πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Khushi breaking up by the minute but telling herself now hoarsely, now disbelievingly to not loose hope on her love and an equally gut in the punch Barun Sobti's πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Arnav/ ASR see-sawing between coming back to all the goodness and love he has ever known to falling off the edge as a person who has time and again lost all...one feels bad.

Not so much for Khushi or Arnav...but that Sanaya and Barun feature in this venture!! God bless them and hope one day they get something truly worthy of their talent.

This is a story that has flashes of brilliance only because two very talented and very easy on the eye actors enact it...dignify it...that these actors are individually very urbane, mature and open minded in reality just makes them more amiable.

For this then is a story that for most times has no clue when, where and why it is heading and is a chayageet or trailor of disjointed episodes and stories mostly linked to the item song of the season πŸ˜†πŸ˜† or the Channel's whiplash on TRPsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†... What started off as a complex portrayal of a man and woman both dealing with an uncomfortable past...is reduced to a showcase of a leering, smirking one toned villain and an assorted set of characters whose only purpose at large is to showcase fashion or episodes of melodrama, comic and dance relief.

But then sannu kiπŸ˜ƒ...as I am not the producer, actor or even stakeholder here...and thankfully have a remote that mutes, forwards, rewinds and changes channel as per command.

Given this premise and personal view of the serial...I am cool with it ...because real life thankfully is much larger, better and in someways grey(er) than what is passed off as simple definition of black (ASR) and white (Khushi) and the mango junta trails and travails...because while (and frankly by now as expected) this production house tries to touch upon "great" sounding moral and social issues...there is no real insight into the real issues here and frankly no attempt at even making an effort. That this is showcased as being "soch nayi" for an adult (read above 18+ age audience) audience is a joke!

Sample this:

a. Nothing shocks of a one toned Dadi: The whole world around us is fighting some or the other war launched under the guise of religion, caste, creed and sex...So I am not perturbed that Dadi is/ was in an ashram and is leading a negative Cruella De Ville banner given that any newspaper has such Dadi's all over the place.😳

The interesting part was that Dadi in her self proclaimed war against guarding and/ or avenging her grandchildren has given the most collateral damage to them.

Now what could have been "soch nayi" would be for not ASR or Khushi (an applause to both of them for in their own ways standing up to herπŸ‘πŸ‘)...but ALL (sans Mr Leering of courseπŸ˜†) to pack up Dadi back to the Ashram...but will we ever get it...Sannu ki!πŸ˜†

b. Are we sure Garima is the full-proof bechari?: Every action has a reaction. Whether you like it or not. I don't have a problem with Garima having an affair with a married guy. No I don't. Because who the hell am I to be a moral teacher here. Neither am I shocked, because there are thousands of Garima's around us with a past.😳

What is funny is that Garima is shown ...again one note...to very conveniently don the bechari mantle and cry out of this. What if Shashi, Buaji, Payal and Khushi were not as forgiving and noble as they are. As Nani very rightly said, its not what Garima did, but the fact she hid it that has led to the fiasco at yet another daughter's wedding.

For example, lets assume its ok she got scared and didn't tell the Raizadas...but Shashi and Buaji...Payal?

No lessons were learnt from hiding Shyam's truth from the Raizadas, which almost rocked the Payal-Akash wedding...So then history repeats itself by hiding ones own affair from the Raizadas ...Garima in her own way has contributed to threatening one more wedding.

And let me not even go into the mature and cerebral debate on whether Garima has done enough to comfort the Raizadas or the "In your face" (kyunki more than a year has passed)...sorry excuse me I need to laugh here Ha Ha Ha!!!.🀣🀣...so in your face yet tremendous amount of time that Garima took to figure out that Arnav and Anjali are Malik's children...oops Ha Ha Ha ...but then I unfortunately but thankfully live in a real life when people do a background check before they wed they children into families.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ...so my situation is different...on that note ...Sannu Ki!πŸ˜ƒ

c. Are poor people always right?: By that logic then all the others should be criminals.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Let us ask ourselves one question. Would any of us, coolly still go ahead and marry someone (forget daughter or son) from a family who has been responsible for a parent's distress...leave alone death!

So this bravado about "if my sister has no place, then I won't join the mansion too (aka Payal) may sound great for front bencher seetis and taalis...but showcases just as much lack of maturity as just about everyone here has showcased apart from the lead pair...but then I am unfortunately not an ideal naari who sees only the naari as being rightπŸ˜›...so Sannu Ki!πŸ˜†

d. The devil wears prada: oops sorry in this serial he is only wearing a pyjamey ka naada.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...Sowwie, bad joke!... Mr Dhinka Chika alias Mr Leering and Smirking...is portrayed as a great villain. Ok no problem with that. πŸ˜ƒ

But if the whole focus of the serial in its comic and melodramatic moments is to either make Khushi a  screaming giggle headed banshee and Arnav an incomprehensible myopic lover...then do we really need Shyam?πŸ˜²πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Sowwie...I forgot we need him...else how can friendships (hahahahahahaahahaha) be maintained and place be made for new serials!...Now since I am not a program scheduler in Sitara Plus...Sannu Ki!πŸ˜›

Each of the above is a mature issue where a lot of sensible and realistic or contemporary stories and script could be built ...but all we have is same ladka bad ladki good story...Which brings me back to the couple in question.

From the day I started watching this...till today, there is no doubt in my mind that ASR and Khushi are equally good-equally bad-equally flawed if you like...they have their strengths and weaknesses. Both are in pain now and both are entitled to their moment of dignity and "space" (which by the way is a word used in the real mature world and does not just mean outer galaxy!!...sowwie bad joke againπŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) 

Just because Arnav takes some time to decipher it, does not make him bad...it makes him human. Each person's reaction to a life changing personal calamity is different...that does not make anyone better or worse, because in my part of the real world...you evaluate people on the basis of not hours and seconds but what they have consistenly done before those hours and seconds...

This is the same guy that called Shyam's bluff and stood by his woman😳, who told Dadi to go take a walk while he stays married...who was the only person who has consistently come back to and loved Khushi when everyone (including her own family in the wedding no1 fiasco) conveniently disowned her time and again.

And just because Khushi is waiting for him, it does not make her a weak abala naari...in fact it makes her a much better person who is able to see what that man has done for her and means to her. It is for the first time a strong portrayal of a woman who knows why she is in a relationship and will fight for it.😳

This is what the Barun and Sanaya are able to bring to the table...despite a thankless, cluless script, a convenient changing screenplay and an all over the place storyboard.

When you hit ground zero...you can only build something upwards, hopefully better. We've hit ground zero if you like with all the past out in its horrific detail.

Time to bring the complex mature story about two individuals who have a dark intertwined past...but who love each other, acknowledge it and stand by each other without an apology or a doubt.😳

Will we get it...yup you know my answer...Sannu Ki!!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by JWMRK - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Where were u I was missing u so much this week sachi muchi.. Welcome back..
Paarijat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I couldn't help agree with every word you have written. This post is just 'so' right! Thanks for the post.
NotKidding thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

lovely post...its not his loss or her loss...its their loss...😊

Edited by ..Paawani.. - 11 years ago
JWMRK thumbnail
Originally posted by: msin

Where were u I was missing u so much this week sachi muchi.. Welcome back..

Thanks much😊
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
JW, missed ya so much .. πŸ€—
There are a very posts in the forum that i find worth reading and you have always been one of my fav writers here.  Barun and Sanaya were at top form β­οΈ

yesterday was one such epi. the initial few scenes, my heart went out for Kushi, as a women it did prick me to see her at the altar, i applauded at her confidence in her man and his love, just like how we have confidence in her man and his love, glad atleast kushi and our frequencies matched.. Sanaya was amazing yesterday.. the last i praised her was probably the ME before kidnap or after her first wedding when she sits in their room near Arnav, after so many months her acting again touched me. 

I want her to win the argument with dadi about who knows Arnav more, dadi is sure enough her pota wont turn up , kushi is sure enough her man will turn up as he is a man of words and he loves her more than himself , this is the first time i saw her character showing faith in him and his love, acknowledging him and im a happy soul their, i truly am ..

And Arnav, the last cry, it was the 14yr old boy crying near his mom, you knw this so reminded me of the movie Omen, where Damien cries and screams why me before embracing the evil.. Arnav was crying over his helplessness, his destiny, how he is played upon every time.. Barun was outstanding while he fell on his knees and started crying like a boy, this was so so different from feb 15th breakdown..

Arnav so needed time to move from past to present, Arnav/Barun both have been always critically thrashed in the forum and now im used to it coz few do not understand the characterization and dont wanto feel for a man. I can feel for the man as well as for the women at the same time, but seems like its impossible for few. well it doesnt bother me now.

He had to have this final breakdown to move from his past to present, his emotions as a boy were all so bottled up after his mothers death, yesterday the boy cried. Now the phoenix will rise , he will marry her coz he has always considered her his wife, his love. 

Other than Arnav and Kushi nothing else worked out for me.

Dadi is evil nothing else, not even a minute she spared to see her grand son , the man was broken , it was so evident and she dint even spare a though on how he will cope up with this, she was plain evil from the she entered , as much as she wanted revenge from garima , she even wanted it from Arnav coz he always blamed his dad to be the mistake maker , he never took side iof his dad and his wrong deeds and dadi seemed to have had a revenge on him as well. I do not see any love in her towards anyone other than to her son and to her damaad Shyam. Is pyar kop kya naam doon??

Garima, as much as i can feel for her as a mother she is a sheer disappointment to me as a women, just coz she is a women doesnt mean one needs to support her no matter what, why did she hide all these facts with Arnav and Nani after getting to know the truth, her hide and seek game with dai rather showed her cowardly nature to save her ass rather than coming clean by sharing the truth to her daughters and their sasural. 
why did she have Arnav's dads pic after with her even after so many years, hiding it so safely and seeing it on her daughters mehendi day?? 

The Guptas lines of we hid coz of this/that makes me frustrated to no end. Each time they hide, mess up, create so many problems to both families and easily get away saying we had to do that , our thoughts are so holier .. Grrr πŸ₯±

Arnav will understand someday that garima was also played upon, i absolutely this character , even at that small age he had his conscience and the just nature to different between right and wrong and had termed his dad as faulty and wrong person .. 
dadi always claimed the other women to be wrong, but Arnav always held his dad responsible. 

why is NK given more lines than Akash?? should it be Akash who should have asked his mum act sensibly, and been with nani. 
And why should one remind Anjali of Arnav, where is her love for him, should the evil shaym remind her that chote would be hurt.. 

I liked nani, she atleast bothered about her grand son, she knew how hard this would be on him as its always he who had the face the brunt of his dads deeds, its he who had to grow up above his age to fulfill needs of his family and also be a support to them. 
But her talk with garima again, so simple was it for her to listen to this truth?? its your daughter who lost her life coz of all these dammit, is it so easy, aap humhe pehle bata deti.. 

Emotional intact was great with Arnav and Kushi, unfortunately the others dint work for me.. The script is still nt great to me, the show is beyond damage honestly..
I still cannot fathom how did they glorify kushi for getting shyam in, and how could they even make arnav say thnk u and sorry for kushi to get shyam in, where is anjali's pain as a mother to her loss of baby.. 

Waiting for today, had total faith in his characterization, i wait for him to go to mandap and marry her.. 

Edited by -sylph- - 11 years ago
ranjitha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
😲😲

JW???????????????

*sylph*
JWMRK thumbnail
Divs and RanjuπŸ˜ƒπŸ€—

Just finished proof readingπŸ˜†

Kaisey hai dost log!!

ermm Ranju are you by any chance teasing Divs...πŸ€“...with the res remark...nahiiiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: JWMRK

b. Are we sure Garima is the full-proof bechari?: Every action has a reaction. Whether you like it or not. I don't have a problem with Garima having an affair with a married guy. No I don't. Because who the hell am I to be a moral teacher here. Neither am I shocked, because there are thousands of Garima's around us with a past.😳

What is funny is that Garima is shown ...again one note...to very conveniently don the bechari mantle and cry out of this. What if Shashi, Buaji, Payal and Khushi were not as forgiving and noble as they are. As Nani very rightly said, its not what Garima did, but the fact she hid it that has led to the fiasco at yet another daughter's wedding.

For example, lets assume its ok she got scared and didn't tell the Raizadas...but Shashi and Buaji...Payal?

No lessons were learnt from hiding Shyam's truth from the Raizadas, which almost rocked the Payal-Akash wedding...So then history repeats itself by hiding ones own affair from the Raizadas ...Garima in her own way has contributed to threatening one more wedding.

From the day I started watching this...till today, there is no doubt in my mind that ASR and Khushi are equally good-equally bad-equally flawed if you like...they have their strengths and weaknesses. Both are in pain now and both are entitled to their moment of dignity and "space" (which by the way is a word used in the real mature world and does not just mean outer galaxy!!...sowwie bad joke againπŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) 

Just because Arnav takes some time to decipher it, does not make him bad...it makes him human. Each person's reaction to a life changing personal calamity is different...that does not make anyone better or worse, because in my part of the real world...you evaluate people on the basis of not hours and seconds but what they have consistenly done before those hours and seconds...

This is the same guy that called Shyam's bluff and stood by his woman😳, who told Dadi to go take a walk while he stays married...who was the only person who has consistently come back to and loved Khushi when everyone (including her own family in the wedding no1 fiasco) conveniently disowned her time and again.

And just because Khushi is waiting for him, it does not make her a weak abala naari...in fact it makes her a much better person who is able to see what that man has done for her and means to her. It is for the first time a strong portrayal of a woman who knows why she is in a relationship and will fight for it.😳

This is what the Barun and Sanaya are able to bring to the table...despite a thankless, cluless script, a convenient changing screenplay and an all over the place storyboard.

When you hit ground zero...you can only build something upwards, hopefully better. We've hit ground zero if you like with all the past out in its horrific detail.

Time to bring the complex mature story about two individuals who have a dark intertwined past...but who love each other, acknowledge it and stand by each other without an apology or a doubt.😳

Will we get it...yup you know my answer...Sannu Ki!!πŸ˜ƒ

Aww aww aww no wonder i always land up having tamatar frequency with u.. puchaks JW..

The above lines, brilliant. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

shukar manao, finally kushi understood his characterization like we do and that is why her confidence on him like we have πŸ€£

And the ladies will never learn from their mistakes, make mistakes, hide them with your holier than thou attitude, cry foul and get apology from others for even hiding and creating mess. 

If they learn from their mistakes, that would be their character growth , aage se they wont make such mistakes, but how is it possible they have taken up the contract to hide each and everything.. All the ladies kushi, anjali, garima, dadi hide hide hide hide.. 
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post JW!

Reading your post after a long time? Where have you been? Missed you a lot! But then I too have missed this IPKKND bus for a while! Didn't feel like watching it for some time for all the rightful reasons that you have mentioned barring of course the leads! Some of the recent episodes had me wondering whether I am indeed watching IPKKND? The characters had undergone such a sea change that they are almost unrecognizable! Anyway, the leads seem to have done a volte face and have suddenly come back on track! I guess miracles do happen even in the reel world!