Sur Kshetra

Why hasn't this show come off the air yet?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

parinaina

parinaina

Posted: 26 September 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
I remember the days when Sonu Nigam was the host of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa to when he became the judge of that show and thats honestly where my love for singing competitions originated. A time when the singer and the judge mutually respected each other as guru and chela. A time when it did not matter from what background the singer was from, but all that mattered was his or her voice and the ability to move people with it. 

Its been a while now since I've seen Indian singing competitions ever since Sa Re Ga Ma Pa stopped airing. I turned on colors yesterday and got to see the ever so talked about sur kshetra, and WOW was it an eyeopener. I've honestly never seen so much wrong in one single hour on television. 

1. Why is this Pakistan vs India?
- Good singers aren't from one specific country. If a pakistani happens to win this show (and vice versa) I will still continue to believe that the very best singers could be ANYWHERE, not just Pakistan or not just India. Its stupid to even divide up the singers this way. The two countries already have been feuding for ages on end and this show just gives another bone to politicians to do anything but try to become civil with each other. It disgusts me how anybody could have agreed that this be the main division of the show. 

2. Is singing even a main concern?
-I don't know about you guys but I know less about the singers, and more about what pisses off the judges. All I see is a person trying their best to sing, and way too often, judges completely obliterating what little self esteem the contestants have by saying anything and everything in a non-constructive way. This, of course, leads to fights between the judges while the contestant awkwardly stands with Ayesha. Sure it brings in LOADS of TRP because as viewers, we like drama. But I think we all know deep down inside that Atif would never talk like that to Himesh (or vice versa) in a more professional setting. In fact, as artists, they should be entitled to their own opinions even if they are different but also respect other opinions too. I doubt either of them made it into the music industry without learning how to communicate with people first. Also, why is scoring just 10 or 0? Wouldn't it just be easier if there was a like or dislike instead? Because I doubt half the singers sang a perfect 10 and the other half sang a shit 0. 

3. The selection of judges
- I can't even explain the full extent to which i think this group of judges is so so wrong. Personally, I am not an Atif or Himesh fan. I think Atif can't sing and autotune is his best friend. I know himesh can't sing and so I just regard him as a decent music director, not a singer whatsoever. The first and only episode I watched was of this guy singing Ghar Aaja, to which Atif was a complete asshole when he tried to teach him respect (which clearly he didn't know of the term either since there was a girl who sang before whom everyone liked but him, and he said she was happy because the judges could not even tell she sang bad). Himesh also gets waaay to over his head and if he isnt able to convince a fellow judge he is right then he will ask for his goddam roti once again. Also, I distinctly remember Asha Bhosle saying she did not view Atif as a singer on Sa re ga ma pa way back when. Why is she smiling away alongside with him as if she actually cares what he thinks? I think its honestly time for her to just retire from the movie/tv industry once and for all and to take a vacation for a while. She is not doing any favors for her image in Sur Kshetra. 

Granted, I only watched one episode. But when I look at the comments about this show, very rarely do I see someone actually critiquing a performance based on its musical talent. What I do see though is reasons why a certain country gives birth to the "obviously superior" population of singers or what the judges feel about each other and whether it'll break out into a full out gali filled fight (which it NEVER will). This is cheap "entertainment" at its best, and I promise you there will not be singers like Shreya Goshal or Sunidhi Johan coming out of this show anytime soon. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

braveusmansarah75preetieSakuu-shabz-desicrowdShivuNozzie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why hasn't this show come off the air yet?" in Sur Kshetra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ronshaan

IF-Sizzlerz

ronshaan

Posted: 27 September 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
agree with u !!!

they are searching only the bad in that singer every song is boring and the one who sing nice they still have something to say no he is not good

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

larki_punjaban

-shabz-

IF-Rockerz

-shabz-

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged
couldnt agree more.Clap

April2007

IF-Dazzler

April2007

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged
 Parinaina a good post...

On the parts I disagree...I think great singers can come out of this show..I love Dilraaj and Aman, they are as good as Shera or Sunidhi..both of them were very lucky that they got right breaks.

Secondly I love Ashaji is critique..without her there will be no show..Abida doesn't talk at all and Runa is still stuck in yester years Urdu pronunciation without realizing India is not a Urdu speaking country and each place has different accent.

Having said this I totally agree with you, the format that you are singing for your country is very confrontational and Himesh should stop repeating...Mulk kai liya karana hai ..nonsense.

I hate the way Atif denigrates some very good singers..we should let him sing and then let the judges evaluate him..he is just a one horse trick and his ego has hit the sky..

Edited by April2007 - 28 September 2012 at 9:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowd

parinaina

parinaina

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks April2007,happyviewer and ronshan!

@April2007- I think i forgot to make some point clear but I agree with what you said. There are very good singers in this show which makes it even more sad that they will most likely not be recognized for their talent because all this show really focuses on is internal feud. The singers ( I feel) are simply pawns and once the show is over, no one will care how good of a voice won, but most likely care more about what country won instead. If the winner was to be given a break it would create animosity from the opposing country, thus their musical talent would not be able to spread the right way.
I think Asha is a great judge. Most every singing competition she judges she always gives her honest opinion. That being said, Sur Kshetra is NOT the right platform for her. Sur Kshetra doesn't even seem to focus on the music, and Asha cannot single handedly support the show without Atif and Himesh shutting up. I think she knows the show is not in the right spirits and she's already expressed her discontent about Atif and Himesh in the past. For her to maintain such a high standard of being a judge I think she should drop out of Sur and take in better prospects. 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.