Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Strawbella thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Sambandar was born to Sivapada Hrudiyar and his wife Bhagavathiar who lived in Sirkazhii inTamil Nadu nowThey were Saivite Brahmins .There is evidence to the point that they professed Rig veda at that time.Sambandar is fondly represented with a glowing black tilted tuft in all statues and murals which like other servitors like the three thousand ancient servitor priests of nearby chidambaram temple who are praised in sambandar's hymns denote service to lord haran.This is also well referenced in hagiographies. Snkaracharya who lived in the subsequent century has referred to him in one hymn of his Saundarya Lahari, praising him as a gifted Tamil child ("dravida sisu") who was fed with milk of divine gnosis by the goddess Parvati. According to legend, when Sambandar was three years old his parents took him to the Shiva temple where Shiva and his consort Parvati appeared before the child. His father saw drops of milk on the child's mouth and asked who had fed him, whereupon the boy pointed to the sky and responded with the song Todudaya Seviyan, the first verse of the Tevaram. At his investiture with the sacred thread, at the age of seven, he is said to have expounded the Vedas with great clarity. Sambandar attained liberation (mukti) in "Visaka Nakshtara" in the Tamil month of "Visakam" at the age of sixteen soon after his marriage

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Strawbella thumbnail
More story 
Res will continue
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
very nice story vaishu...

but sambandar attained liberation on the day of his very marriage along with his wife and all the people who visited there .they all entered the blowing fire (in the form of jothi linga ) as a beam of light in to it .thus liberated ðŸ˜Š
thanks for sharing 
Strawbella thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vanadhi

very nice story vaishu...

but sambandar attained liberation on the day of his very marriage along with his wife and all the people who visited there .they all entered the blowing fire (in the form of jothi linga ) as a beam of light in to it .thus liberated ðŸ˜Š
thanks for sharing 

Will check this on Sudha Seshaiyan"s blog
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Strawbella

Will check this on Sudha Seshaiyan"s blog

i dont now her ,but i am having the book with me that's why ðŸ˜† i have added the above ending 

for online verification this one blog  is more accurate(directly translated from the text of periya puranam stories ) when compared to other's narration