More Kanha jo aaye palatke

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
by two sisters Ila-Ibra were amazing...Awww they were sooo good..Loved their unique voice..👏

One should never judge them by how they talked and the accent...The way they sung was with fantastic diction...

God bless these 2 with the talent

EDIT & ADD:  This topic is not about their Accent real or fake or what ever...This topic is about their singing and singing alone...Would appreciate comments abt their accent be carried on by making your own topic 😃

Thank you
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I didn't like them..they were so so fr me
crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
they sang well..but the accent ..i dont know where that came from! i have spent a major part of my childhood outside india..but stuill my accent is completely indian. n they being in aligarh sounded like that...its sounded odd to me frankly. biut yes they sang v well n no accent there! :)
DHOKEBAAZ007 thumbnail
Their talent is their singing so please lets not judge them on their accent. 
Judge them on how fantastic singers they are. And, so what they have accent, big deal! They chose to speak like that..so be it...

Coming to their talent, what a voice both these sisters have. What a command on singing, and as KJO said, an effortless singing it was. I wish they would have participated in a singing competition where they would have to compete in similar category, that is singing. They would have made an immense mark in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. 

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa produces immense talent, and these girls are those talents.

Looking at them nobody can say that they are such talented singers, but again lets not judge them on how they look and how they speak. Their singing talent talks. 

crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DHOKEBAAZ007

Their talent is their singing so please lets not judge them on their accent. 

Judge them on how fantastic singers they are. And, so what they have accent, big deal! They chose to speak like that..so be it...

Coming to their talent, what a voice both these sisters have. What a command on singing, and as KJO said, an effortless singing it was. I wish they would have participated in a singing competition where they would have to compete in similar category, that is singing. They would have made an immense mark in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. 

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa produces immense talent, and these girls are those talents.

Looking at them nobody can say that they are such talented singers, but again lets not judge them on how they look and how they speak. Their singing talent talks. 

completely agree! i am not judging them on accent and actually their singing was impressive n stayed on in my head and i find it quite intriguing that on one hand they r soo gud in classical and on other hand they r so Modern...typical indian mentality hai ki yeh dono attitudes -modern n classical - disjoint hai...i dont agree to this mentality at all..but when i say this..ppl actually pounce on me saying u cant b gud in classical training and be modern at the same time! ppl judge a girl in minis or shorts immdtly as modern n not having a cultural backgrnd. the only thing was accent was funny..india mein rehte hue to maintain that accent is quite tuff..i stayed in UK for v long n developed a accent which i dint even realise..but when i was back ppl here felt i was accented and slowly even without my realizing it i got my indian accent back in a year or so coz i was in an indian environment...so thats y i found it amusing ki they continue to speak like this.

When it comes to their talent..no two doubts on that n i m actually looking fwd to it :) so no hard feelings there!
DHOKEBAAZ007 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tere_mere

completely agree! i am not judging them on accent and actually their singing was impressive n stayed on in my head and i find it quite intriguing that on one hand they r soo gud in classical and on other hand they r so Modern...typical indian mentality hai ki yeh dono attitudes -modern n classical - disjoint hai...i dont agree to this mentality at all..but when i say this..ppl actually pounce on me saying u cant b gud in classical training and be modern at the same time! ppl judge a girl in minis or shorts immdtly as modern n not having a cultural backgrnd. the only thing was accent was funny..india mein rehte hue to maintain that accent is quite tuff..i stayed in UK for v long n developed a accent which i dint even realise..but when i was back ppl here felt i was accented and slowly even without my realizing it i got my indian accent back in a year or so coz i was in an indian environment...so thats y i found it amusing ki they continue to speak like this.

When it comes to their talent..no two doubts on that n i m actually looking fwd to it :) so no hard feelings there!

Correct! Living abroad, we don't even realize that we have already picked up accent, but living in India and having that kind of accent is kinda weird (Though I am not Indian). But kudos to these girls that they don't shy away from speaking with accent in a society that doesn't support such kind of gimmicks. When you have accent,  friends bully you, people laugh at you. But, who cares about accent, dressing sense and all those materialistic things when their talent is at such high level. 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
These days youth coming from any mid to big size cities in India educated in english medium schools would have these sort of accent...Especially if they are coming from well to do families..

I found these girls quite genuine, normal and  confident in who they were...They may have had exposure to some foreign country travel too who knows..

Their accent was of someone who lived in US or Canada and not Brit accent.

I liked their singing and do not care if they had any accent or none...Also i dont find anything wrong with the NRIs who live abroad having an accent...Mostly NRIs living abroad have 2 accents..One to communicate with locals and one with Indians...I have lived in US for past 36 yrs and I can say that abt myself...

I liked their singing and found it very refreshing...so good luck to them...Can't wait to see what more they have to offer to us..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
By Sardari Begum

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9w0yiUwsME&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

By Asha Bhosle

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr8mF_Irk4&feature=endscreen[/YOUTUBE]

DHOKEBAAZ007 thumbnail
@Dabulls

Thanks for those videos. I like both the versions. Sardari Begum and Asha Bhosle have their staple styles in singing. Had never heard this song before the sisters sang it in IGT,  and now I love it already. Beautiful song. Honestly, just like Kirron Kher said,the moment these sisters said they are gonna sing, I thought they'll sing an english song, but I was pleasantly surprised.

And, wow! Kirron Kher looks the same when she was young and now.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Originally posted by: DHOKEBAAZ007

@Dabulls

Thanks for those videos. I like both the versions. Sardari Begum and Asha Bhosle have their staple styles in singing. Had never heard this song before the sisters sang it in IGT,  and now I love it already. Beautiful song. Honestly, just like Kirron Kher said,the moment these sisters said they are gonna sing, I thought they'll sing an english song, but I was pleasantly surprised.

And, wow! Kirron Kher looks the same when she was young and now.

DB007 I had not heard this song either...Not sure if this is thumri or just a song...But such a lovely lyrics and singing by Oggie Sardari begum and Asha tai with ehr own take...

I love Kiron kher for her personality, charm, sarees and jewelry  sorry for being little materialistic...

I knew these 2 singers were going to awww us just by the look...Especially when one came on harmonium I was super duper excited...They knew their stuff and they were there to show it that they are there to compete...

My pleasure for the video links...Once something gets under my skin and ears I have to find the oggie to listen...