Posted: 11 years ago
DKS started with such a bang especially the first two weeks with some awesome performances, then it started fizzling out in the next two weeks but I'd hoped for atleast the ending to be a good one.

But what the hell were these last two epis about? Where exactly was the COMPETITIVE dance? Today was supposedly the finale and all they did was show random group acts combining both teams...what exactly were they being JUDGED on then?

I understand Raghav couldn't be there cuz he was very ill (hope he's feeling better now) but can these ppl seriously not put together ANYTHING without him? I will not deny that I watched this show primarily for Raghav but even poor Rohan and Soumya looked TOTALLY off their game in today's epi...Soumya's such a STAR and no one gave her a dhang ka routine to do! Even Rohan actually for the first time looked CONFUSED in an act in that final "takkar" or whatever it was today.

Or should I then just be convinced that Raghav was the special energy driving these kids throughout these weeks?

Today Rohan performed Raghav's choreography, it was plain to see...but that special SOUL that comes with Raghav's choreography was missing...was Rohan's mind preoccupied? He just wasn't 100% there today.

And I felt SO bad for poor Soumya that she wasn't included in the classical act and instead given a random group aeriel act...seriously this was some of the poorest and most boring choreography in DID in a while now.

I'm gonna miss Raghav, Rohan and Soumya a lot :((
Originally posted by AreYaar

DKS started with such a bang especially the first two weeks with some awesome performances, then it started fizzling out in the next two weeks but I'd hoped for atleast the ending to be a good one.

But what the hell were these last two epis about? Where exactly was the COMPETITIVE dance? Today was supposedly the finale and all they did was show random group acts combining both teams...what exactly were they being JUDGED on then?

I understand Raghav couldn't be there cuz he was very ill (hope he's feeling better now) but can these ppl seriously not put together ANYTHING without him? I will not deny that I watched this show primarily for Raghav but even poor Rohan and Soumya looked TOTALLY off their game in today's epi...Soumya's such a STAR and no one gave her a dhang ka routine to do! Even Rohan actually for the first time looked CONFUSED in an act in that final "takkar" or whatever it was today.

Or should I then just be convinced that Raghav was the special energy driving these kids throughout these weeks?

Today Rohan performed Raghav's choreography, it was plain to see...but that special SOUL that comes with Raghav's choreography was missing...was Rohan's mind preoccupied? He just wasn't 100% there today.

And I felt SO bad for poor Soumya that she wasn't included in the classical act and instead given a random group aeriel act...seriously this was some of the poorest and most boring choreography in DID in a while now.

agree with your each and every word...now I am quite sure...it was raghav only who held all the responsibilities..and that too with perfection...he is just an aweome captain i must say!! :)
Originally posted by AreYaar

You spoke my mind. I really feel bad for Saumya. Hope to see best of her in future.
Exactly,it was so dissapointing...i especially felt bad for saumya,she's one of the strongest dancers but was so underutilized...plus there was no raghav and one thing all 3 of the performances in the finale looked like it was choreographed by raghav..what were prince and kruti doing??? The team could have atleast thanked raghav for his contributions and state the reason for his dissapearance
Aww, yaar I'm sorry I can't join you fully in this rant, because I genuinely LOVED the Vrushali, Kruti, Vaishnavi, Shalini classical performance. I was toh mostly just watching Vrushali. YAAR, how graceful is this woman? 

This performance was such a treat for me...one because I was expecting nothing out of this episode and I was just going to go through the motion of watching the episode, so to speak. Plus, such a PURE dance performance after so long. A dance performance that doesn't involve Raghav, yet I still enjoyed it. It was just such a feminine, girly performance and I've MISSED watching this kind of a girly performance on DID ever since DID 1 when Vrushali was a contestant. I swear, NO ONE on DID can beat her on her ability to perform the most subtle and girly of movements so gracefully. Except Soumya in the grace department, but their styles and ages are so different that you can't compare. 

Especially the steps like just covering the stage with that graceful walk...and the TINIEST of movements...I just love old school movements like these. Simple, graceful movements, which NOBODY does anymore. Even classical dancing these days has become more of a show off. But this dance was just so pure and well intentioned that I couldn't help but love it. 

I just love the way Vrushali simply WALKS on stage...that is grace to me. I feel like this girl will be doing these kinds of graceful hand movements even when she's 80. 😆 It's just so natural to her. 

And the way she just brings back the pure JOY of dancing! It shows clearly on her face. 

And all those little jumps too...just getting that feel/fun teasing nature of the song and incorporating all those classical styles and all those contestants coming together like that. It was just such a pure dance act. And so refreshing to see this after all the gimmicky type stuff on this show. 

*sigh* I swear, no one even DOES these kinds of simple, old school, classical steps anymore...only Vrushali brings them back. 

I mean, even just look at the way...during this one part where she is just holding a posture. It's SO pretty.  All the other girls were doing that exact posture too, but the way Vrushali did it...the way she had that graceful and feminine arc in her body...it was so pretty. She has this softness in her dancing...this unbelievable thehraav. I can't help be in awe and be inspired and WANT to be able to dance like that. :)

And then Terence's presence too made me happy. After so long, some GENUINE emotion/feedback from a judge. The emotion in his voice and the pride when he was talking about Kruti and Vrushali. AWW. It was so so genuine. The way he couldn't help give a standing ovation. And the way he was going on about these guys making their kids "FLY" 😆...and watching their progression. It wasn't even what he said, it was just the CLEAR and genuine emotion in his voice that really touched me. :)

This was def. the best performance for me and made up an otherwise boring finale episode. I just love these kinds of subtle intricate movements...they excite me so much more than any amount of stunts etc. can. 

Anyways...sorry for the gush fest there...but aside from that yes there were lots of things bothering me too about this so called 'finale' episode. 

For one, like you said, I can't believe these people didn't include Soumya in that classical act! She'd have been so perfect. As much as I loved it, this performance would've been SO much better with Soumya's presence. I don't understand why this girl is always excluded like that. Shivani gets the compliments on the expressions and all...and then Vaishnavi gets all the other compliments...but HELLO! Soumya is clearly like the BEST female dancer out of all the DID LM seasons. How chindi can these people get with giving this kid her due! 

And then yeah...*sigh*...Rohan was sort of out of it too. Although I still loved his solo portion in that "takkar" round. Just all those subtle bits he was doing which he does so well, somehow never gets old for me...even when he himself isn't completely in his element. 

But OMG I missed Raghav too. *sigh*. Been missing him for so many weeks it seems like now. :( I saw that picture of him lying on that hospital bed and it was just heartbreaking honestly! :( Just seeing this guy, who is so full of life and always spreading so much joy...just seeing him all sick and down was just really heartbreaking yaar. I mean the LEAST these people could've done was wished him well on the episode. And at least LET people know that he is sick and all. Instead of just PHASING him out like that. The guy who seriously just MADE this show come to life. Dharmesh and Prince can never match up to his creativity no matter how hard they try...and if only he would've been in that takkar. 

And instead of all those lame DID nostalgic videos and all, they could've just shown a little clip at least about Raghav. Seriously, useless people. :@ 

I really hope he feels better soon. :( 

LOL and yeah the "competitive" aspect was just non-existent for the finale. As if anyone even cared who won or whatever. 😆 And yeah, Raghav def. provides these kids with some MAJOR energy...and FEEL...that's clearly lacking without him...*sigh* :( It's like he's ACTUALLY the soul of this show. 

And word on people not being able to think of anything without him. Except for that one classical act that I enjoyed...everything else was blahh. The Faisal solo looked promising at first but that had to be ruined by ghusaaing in Geeta's photo randomly!?!? :S It just made that whole performance come out as a fake,even if the dancing was good. I already can't stand that Geeta ma ka laadla act or whatever so I def. can't connect with that emotion at all. Plus it didn't really go with the song either...it was just so random. 

All the other gymnastics type circus acts...🥱...and all the lame other stuff...seriously boring. Forwarded through all of that. 

Mostly, just like you said, this show started out with such a bang, and ended on such a let down note. Remember how excited we were to watch 5 whole weeks of Raghav awesomeness? *sigh* The thing that saddens me the most, is that we won't even get to see him anymore now. Aww...:( 

Oh one bit that touched my heart too was that AV when everyone was talking about stuff they'd miss about DID or whatever and Soumya mentions Raghav. Aww...seriously WHAT an awesome bond these guys shared na? And the way she was like...she'll miss being crazy and taking pangas with him and him telling her to stop. 😆 Just AWW. Seriously, these two WERE like long lost siblings only. *sigh* So adorable. The best bonding to come out of DID, for sure. :)

And oh man, don't even get me started on how CRINGE inducing Rani's presence on the show was! Does this woman have NO class/dignity left at all? ðŸ¤¢ And W*F kind of lyrics were those? "Thrustingum"??? "Pushingam".!??! ðŸ¤¢ Eww, ew...just so cringe inducing. And those moves she was doing on a frickin' KIDS show of all places! Blah...so disgusting. I had thought this woman had more class than that. I guess I was wrong. 

And even that Farah, Geeta random act...blah...again so cringe inducing. 

All this lame-ass-giri but not one mention or tribute to Raghav who has seriously MADE this show. And these guys have used him all throughout DID 3, DID LM and this show...they never make him win or anything...but the least they can do is acknowledge his awesomeness. Oh well, I can still all of his dances/choreographies and other awesomeness millions of times over. Seriously going to miss him and the bond he had with Soumya and Rohan. 

If only we'd have gotten a Soumya-Rohan duet or something too...something to close off the show and remember Raghav by...*sigh*...

Anyways, if it wasn't for Terence's prescence on the show...and that classical act...these finale episodes would've been a total waste of time. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 11 years ago
First of all Urrrghhh!! I am so upset after watching this So Called Finale...What the hell was that?? urrghh!! The last two episodes were the worst in DID history. Half 3/4th of the time they wasted in flirting and bullying and all that non-sensical craps. 

God! I have so much to say...I am so pissed off already...Where is Soumya-Rohan duet?? urrrghh!! 

And you are right! The last takkar..it was crystal clear Rohan did Raghav's choreography but we could see him stumbling quite a times. He looked confused without Raghav...I think Raghav and Rohan were supposed to do the final takkar...but Raghav was not well so Prince came in to replace raghav. 

Aww Soumya baby! I wonder why they under-utilize her talent. I had sucha high hopes that we would see Rohan-Soumya duet in Finale...All in Vain...sigh! No idea when its gonna be that we would see them perform again :(

Totally disappointed at the end! 

I am seriously gonna miss Raghav, Rohan and Soumya :( 

Originally posted by ridz1234

Exactly,it was so dissapointing...i especially felt bad for saumya,she's one of the strongest dancers but was so underutilized...plus there was no raghav and one thing all 3 of the performances in the finale looked like it was choreographed by raghav..what were prince and kruti doing??? The team could have atleast thanked raghav for his contributions and state the reason for his dissapearance

Underutilized is so it. This girl has SO much to offer in terms of dance...her grace, combined with her clarity of movements...is just unmatched really. Yet she never gets her due, sadly. 

Yeah, really...was it so much to ask for to just thank Raghav or show a little well wisher clip for him? After ALL he's done? 
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Underutilized is so it. This girl has SO much to offer in terms of dance...her grace, combined with her clarity of movements...is just unmatched really. Yet she never gets her due, sadly.

Yeah, really...was it so much to ask for to just thank Raghav or show a little well wisher clip for him? After ALL he's done?

Yeah i had hoped that they would atleast show a short av of raghav wishing his children and informing people why he couldnt b there ..gosh i'm so going to miss this guy and his rockstars...i didn't follow did 3 so had no idea about his existance until i watched didlm 2 and i so fell in love with his creativity and him as a person...such a soulful guy with such barfi-like nature whose mere presence would light up my face...hope he comes back with a bang and gets all the appreciations and credits he rightfully deserves
About 1 more thing i was dissapointed was how rohan got so underappreciated..dont know why the masters never praised him wholeheartedly like they did for faisal..faisal is gud but rohan is equally competent..plus i so wanted to see rohan-saumya duet,they could have easily afforded 1more duet for the competition,dont know what happened to the management team of didEdited by ridz1234 - 11 years ago
yeaah Raghav's the captain, the least they coulda done is acknowledge him while he wasnt present. Im glad yahoo won tho, def gonna miss all of S2 esp Raghav <3
Yea that finale was incredibly disappointing as all of you already said. How the hell did they determine the winner? If it was from the dance battle I honestly thought dharmesh and rutu did better as a whole! Rohan's solo was better than Ruturaj's for sure, but the rest of it wasnt all that great. I think they should have made all the contestants do mini-solos against each other in one huge dance battle. That would have made more sense. 

About Raghav, he is amazing and all but I don't think he MADE the show. His choreographies were the best and I definitely feel that Yahoo succeeded because of him, but lets not forget the other people here. I do think they should have at least had him make a video saying how he is sick and best of luck to yahoo or something though.

The whole episode was so dumb. They should have showed more of those videos that they showed about the kids having fun and bonding and stuff THROUGHOUT the season instead of those stupid fillers. They should have had mini-limelight videos and stuff. Ughh.