Crime patrol: Dastak
Crime patrol: Dastak

India-Forums

State Bank Group Scam

santoshv01 Newbie
santoshv01
santoshv01

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 11:22pm | IP Logged

I think RBI or media or government is not aware of big scam which happened in State Bank Group.  

The Bank officials manipulated the US dollar exchange rate for almost 48 days from 07-Dec-2011 to 23-Jan-2012. In this way they helped some account holders to withdraw excess money than in their account from abroad ATM's.

Suppose today the actual US dollar rate is 50 Rs for 1 dollar. The ATM withdrawal limit is 50,000 Rs per day. In that case  a person should be able to withdraw only 50000/50 = 1000 dollars in USA in a single day. Suppose the bank manipulated the rate to 40 Rs for 1 dollar , in that case the person would be able to withdraw 50000/40 = 1250 dollars in a single day. The NRE account is debited with 50,000 Rs and the person gets 1250 dollars. That is, the person gets 250 dollars excess in his pocket.

This is what actually happened. And this continued for 48 days. If it was a mistake, bank would have known about it in 1 or 2 days and would have corrected it. The rate fluctuated for  48 days. This clearly shows that the Bank intentionally did it. This is clear case of scam because after the month end and after year end also the rate fluctuated. And all these 48 days the rates where varying. Some days it came to as low as 10 Rs per dollar.

Since the US dollar rate was manipulated , it would have effected other currency rates also. In that case all the persons around the globe who used State Bank ATM card to withdraw money,  during the period, would have got excess money.

Think of a situation where a Bank creates  fake NRE a/c's and changes the US dollar rate. The Bank can use the ATM cards of those a/c's to withdraw money. These things need to be investigated. It need to be investigated whether this is the first time or this kind of scam have happened before.

I have an account with State Bank of Travancore and I am the  person who witnessed it. 

I want the world to know about the Scam.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RashmiSandeepRitu-sravss

charu_81 Goldie
charu_81
charu_81

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing...That is really bad...Even I have a/c in State bank gropi...
Today's episode was also on bank related fraud...We need to be really carefull these days and keep tracking our A/c transactions...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-

sravss Goldie
sravss
sravss

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
TFS

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index