META chai party: RK as James Dean - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Foucaults-qalam

Re Indian men. Let me just say here in case my position is misunderstood: I am biased. Severely biased. I want to kick  most of them very hard in the knackers.

They are the most disgusting, repressed, multiple standard following, hypocritical, unthinking, convenient way out taking, misogynist idiots on the planet.

There, In the interests of due disclosure, my position is now clear.

@Bold. Agree. 
I am going to be shameless and say this. We the women of our house (Mother, myself and my sister), feel the same thing about my dad and brother. To give them credit, they are goats of the society, but ask me. Who cares if you are a goat and loved by society. Its no good if you look anything like "disgusting, repressed, multiple standard following, hypocritical, unthinking, convenient way out taking, misogynist idiots on the planet."

Yet, must say the same women love their men fiercely. Yes, we are fiercely protective about them because we know that they are not as strong as us.

Even my mother-in-law (russian she is) from another idiotic society, she too knows the same thing and yet she gives her 200% to keep the family (of men) together.

Trust me I am NO FEMINIST. Infact I hate the word Feminism and being Feminist. And I have more of Martian than Venusian traits. But I know what WOMAN is and MAN is. Its the woman who rules the world and she does need an army of men. I believe in making the best and most out of what we have.
Edited by shridevigaddam - 11 years ago

B,

I should just warn you that the topic and the content are poles apart... You will find FQ's reply as the last post... 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3206390

Originally posted by applenpeaches

B,

I should just warn you that the topic and the content are poles apart... You will find FQ's reply as the last post... 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3206390

😆
Bhoomi, did you miss it ? I gave the link in reference in this same thread, my second one. It is very much relevant to this discussion, so I pulled it in
Ok read.

I only have one explanation - his only reference point about marriage is the relationships he sees in his own house, and they seem terrible to him. So when he wants to make Madhu pay for what she's done to him, that's the form of torture he hits upon. I don't think he's thought of social and legal repercussions - all he knows is that an unfeeling marriage can be hell.

@ SD - I saw the link, thought I'd read it earlier. Turns out I hadn't. 😊
Edited by bhoomi.s - 11 years ago
Originally posted by shridevigaddam

@Bold. Agree. 
I am going to be shameless and say this. We the women of our house (Mother, myself and my sister), feel the same thing about my dad and brother. To give them credit, they are goats of the society, but ask me. Who cares if you are a goat and loved by society. Its no good if you look anything like "disgusting, repressed, multiple standard following, hypocritical, unthinking, convenient way out taking, misogynist idiots on the planet."

Yet, must say the same women love their men fiercely. Yes, we are fiercely protective about them because we know that they are not as strong as us.

Even my mother-in-law (russian she is) from another idiotic society, she too knows the same thing and yet she gives her 200% to keep the family (of men) together.

Trust me I am NO FEMINIST. Infact I hate the word Feminism and being Feminist. And I have more of Martian than Venusian traits. But I know what WOMAN is and MAN is. Its the woman who rules the world and she does need an army of men. I believe in making the best and most out of what we have.

And this makes me wonder, why do we try so hard? Would it be so terrible to have such a family break up? Why are men so important that women often give up their entire lives and selves in keeping them grounded/together? Why doesn't a woman pay that kind of attention to herself and her ambitions?

@ men not being as strong as women - And they never will be as long as we women continue to keep supporting them, I guess. Seems radical to say that, but I firmly believe that people only improve when your expectations from them do not waver. When there is a standard, people will struggle to reach it. And trying makes all the difference, IMO.

@ Feminism - any specific reason why you hate the philosophy?
As Bee said: And this makes me wonder, why do we try so hard? Would it be so terrible to have such a family break up? Why are men so important that women often give up their entire lives and selves in keeping them grounded/together? Why doesn't a woman pay that kind of attention to herself and her ambitions? 

I've come to the conclusion men don't have what it takes. So i don't and have never wasted any time on them.  I invest all my energies on me, my social reponsibilities (not familial, because I was fortunate enough to not need to support anyone) and my career and spiritual Development. And i am the happiest girl i know. Men  come when they are called, like little lap dogs. Tee hee

Originally posted by bhoomi.s

I only have one explanation - his only reference point about marriage is the relationships he sees in his own house, and they seem terrible to him.

I doubt that.. So far Radhaji and Kukkuji hasnt fought in his presence.. Given how he has distanced himself from them, I dont  think he has any idea about their real situation. But yes, he seems to have realised that marriage gives him open access to Madhu allowing him to do what he wants with her.  

So when he wants to make Madhu pay for what she's done to him, that's the form of torture he hits upon.

True...

I don't think he's thought of social and legal repercussions - all he knows is that an unfeeling marriage can be hell.

I agree...

@ SD - I saw the link, thought I'd read it earlier. Turns out I hadn't. 😊

My head is bursting with the same disturbing questions that why oh why did he not open his mouth or try to throw Deepali out of his room??? I noticed that when Deepali touched him he removed her hand very carefully and gradually... I mean if he hates her so much that he starts sneering and fuming when his sight falls upon her then why did he not shrug her off forcefully and immediately.. Why such a long pause and he held the glass of milk so smoothly and did not break it by smashing the glass on ground.. Where as the same thing attempted by Madhu met its fate by being broken into myriads of pieces and milk spilled all over the floor.. He hates her, calls her unwanted relation and sneers at her, despises her, but still does not have enuff guts to open his mouth in front of her.. It seemed that his jaws got locked by some miraculous force above.. He does not responds, does not get repulsed by her touch that much.. Why RK ??? Is all your insults and demeaning remarks and insults are exclusively available for your Wifey dearest, Your In-laws and your Mom and Step Father-Son Duo??? Why so much of liberty given to Deepali??? I will not find peace unless and until CV's give a very solid reason for RK acting so mellowed down in front of Deepali.. I swear I will lose my head if they serve the RK being respectful to woman crap.. I want some major solid reason behing RK's feeble defensive actions against Deepali.. and PRONTO!!!!
FD, Bee, SD

Some very powerful  insights above. I loved your point as to how difficult it would be to deal with a person like ASR or RK in real life.

I am fortunate, or unfortunate depending on POV, to know several larger than life, almost story book characters in my life. Men who would , literally, be prince charming if their lives were televised. But i have nevr been attracted to them at all. Ever. Not even when i was a teenager and they seemed to fulfil all the boxes of romantic  hero tropes. I only ever saw their undeveloped pettiness, their massive egos and the utter lack of self-reflection. Feet of clay, all.

And perhaps that is why I have never felt the slightest need to be the prop and support of a husband ( when and if I acquire one). He jolly well can be my support, otherwise  there's the door, good bye!

Originally posted by Tia.Saigal2002

My head is bursting with the same disturbing questions that why oh why did he not open his mouth or try to throw Deepali out of his room??? I noticed that when Deepali touched him he removed her hand very carefully and gradually... I mean if he hates her so much that he starts sneering and fuming when his sight falls upon her then why did he not shrug her off forcefully and immediately.. Why such a long pause and he held the glass of milk so smoothly and did not break it by smashing the glass on ground.. Where as the same thing attempted by Madhu met its fate by being broken into myriads of pieces and milk spilled all over the floor.. He hates her, calls her unwanted relation and sneers at her, despises her, but still does not have enuff guts to open his mouth in front of her.. It seemed that his jaws got locked by some miraculous force above.. He does not responds, does not get repulsed by her touch that much.. Why RK ??? Is all your insults and demeaning remarks and insults are exclusively available for your Wifey dearest, Your In-laws and your Mom and Step Father-Son Duo??? Why so much of liberty given to Deepali??? I will not find peace unless and until CV's give a very solid reason for RK acting so mellowed down in front of Deepali.. I swear I will lose my head if they serve the RK being respectful to woman crap.. I want some major solid reason behing RK's feeble defensive actions against Deepali.. and PRONTO!!!!

😆

Here is what I think.. Posted it earlier in the 2nd page of the same thread.. Just copying it again..

Originally posted by applenpeaches

Couldnt sleep because I finally got the answer to why RK is not shouting at Dipali...

Clues:

1. Dipali's reference to the decorated bed...

2. RK's anger towards his mother.. 

3. RK + Dipali = Dreadful past...

4. RK mellowness towards Madhu and his awkwardness (not the sexual kind) with her..

Solution: 

In my earlier post I suggested Rishu was possessive towards his mother and didnt want her to marry.. I think in his anger at his mother he probably created a scene in Radhaji- Kukuji's bedroom- probably destroyed their decked up bed.. It was witnessed by young Dipali (remember, clunky plot device of clunkdonia)... Since Dipali knows his emotional outburst, he is silently tolerating her. As long as she doesnt openly voice his past, he will continue to tolerate her..

I should have been a script writer! 

- FG