Page 2 of 11

Page 1
Page   of 11
Page 3 Page 11

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Doc...might interest you to know that your OS prompted me to start a pro life vs pro choice debate on KPji's wall...KPji has said that he is firmly pro choice...I reproduce his views on the same as also my response to it below

Kamlesh Pandey - No, I do not think a man has the right to influence his wife's choice to terminate her pregnancy. You will be surprised to know that the word 'Uncle' is older than the word 'Father'. There was a time when there was no so-called family and the child belonged only to the mother. The father was accidental. So every man was an uncle to the child, there was no father. I still believe in it. Love is something entirely different, it needs both, but child-bearing is a woman's prerogative. She can choose not to.

Kamlesh Pandeyji...thank you for that snippet, Sir...but in a situation where today even the courts recognize paternal rights, is it so simple...and besides, given that the father has contributed to the conception, is a complete lack of say in the matter even justified? If so, then I would say women should stop expecting fathers to contribute to child rearing too...rights come with responsibilities...and where there is no right, I think there should be no responsibilities either...if child bearing is entirely the woman's prerogative, then I suppose child rearing should be entirely her responsibility too!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 21 September 2012 at 10:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777aru29

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: I don't want this!! concluded on pg 7 (Page 2)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vidishaa

IF-Rockerz

Vidishaa

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
interesting...nice to see baba and ashu take a pro-choice view

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

s_danger

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niniborn2rule

very well written doc...a completely new angle to the baby track...very good plz continue..

Thanks Nini...

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Doc...a woman has the first right over her body...she alone can decide whether she wants to house a child within it or not...even her husband's wishes are secondary to hers...no two ways about that...I am a completely pro choice person...simply because no child should come into this world carrying the baggage of its mother's resentment!

I have a simple test for taking tough decisions...

Look at yourself in the mirror...think of the decision that you want to take...and then look at your image again,...if you are convinced that you can still face yourself after this decision, whatever it maybe, then it is the right decision to take...

This has been my thumb rule in life...

You need to be honest and true to yourself...so, please ask Nidhi to take this test...and then whatever her mind and heart tells her should be her choice!

Btw, since you are a doc, I thought I should share my experience...because my second pregnancy was unplanned...my son was just five months old...and I had had a CS...

I went to my gyanec, who had handled my first pregnancy...she told me that it was no big deal...and it could be gotten rid of very easily if that is what I wanted...

I then went to another senior gynaecologist in the city for a second opinion...the first thing she told me was that I should leave her clinic at once if I had come to her for an MTP...

My daughter is 20...so you know what choice I made...and interestingly, I changed my gynaec...I went with the senior gynaecologist...I subsequently learnt that given the inherent complications, I could have bled to death if I had decided on an MTP...

My family reveres my gynaec...just short of placing her portrait in our pooja room Smile

Thanks Sujatha for expressing your views and even starting a new post in this direction.

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Libra

Wonderful OS Doc.
I am proud of Ashutosh, swallowing his own disappointment, 
And loving his wife enough to respect her wishes.
I agree the choice is Nidhi's.
WonderfulClap
Waiting for the next part.Big smile

Thanks Anu...yet to read your post...

Libra

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rabzonedge

Doc This is awesome...Plzz Continue..Its nice to see We have Such great Talents In our Forum...Awww...

Talents ki koi kami nahi hai Divya..aapki poems lajawab hai...
Thanks for reading my post.

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by alkaparmart

Hey doc!it is interesting,shandar shukrawar ki tarah,please continue,i am eagerly waiting

Ok Alka Ben...updating in 10 min.

parmarA

s_danger

IF-Dazzler

s_danger

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssktlk

wow doc, an awesome perspective, and as a gyanec, you can do justice to it, medically, emotionally and otherwise also. Please continue.

Thanks Sanya, and what happened to your FF?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top