Page   of 2

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Very well explained Vedo. Thanks.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Aswathama alive today? (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 2:03am | IP Logged

Hey sweet people Tongue

Very nicely written by yall.. ..But let's add a bit contradicting angle to this for  Fun / Masti in accordance with the theme of the Forum 'Based on a few references, My personal views Blushing and whims that refute the common belief of Ashwatthhama being a sinner who deserved such an awful punishment. Cry

Let's discuss The CURSE first 'As stated by a few Ashwatthhama shall suffer from malignant stinking wounds all over his body that will perpetually vent out blood and puss. He will have many dreadful diseases that can never be cured. He ll become Very Old and jaded and yearn for the death. He ll suffer from such condition till the END of KALIYUGA which I believe is still in its evolving phase. At the end of Kaliyuga he ll meet Kalki who might give him Usshhap / A way to reverse the curse. He ll be CheeranJeevi which I would resolve as Chirntan + Jeevi with. Chirantan = Eternal..Something that has no End to it. The kaliyuga hasn't ended.. The curse has not been revoked..So Ashwatthhama ought to live the pitiful, agonizing life of a melancholy. Isolated from  mundane pleasures. 

PS:  In no way I'm in disagreement with Vedo's definition of Cheeranjeevi ..Vedo is witty and understands the concept impeccably...

Now let's briefly review his SINS that led to such a horrendous curse. The worst I have ever heard of.  

1. He caught the Pandavas unaware in the middle of the night and along with his accomplice Kripacharya slayed UpaPandavas, Shikhandi and others. Thus violating the rules of the war.
  2. He also invoked Astra which he routed to Uttara's womb to kill the fetus therein. Thereby jeopardizing the concept of the Pandava dynasty.

Let me now try and contradict the popular belief that Pandavas were never wrong and all their actions, even atrocious ones, sent a cryptic, notional message to the masses that spelled justice and Truth. Let's for once revisit the events that took place during, before and even after those 18 electrifying days that marked the most fiercely fought war ever.

I ll jot down the events as I recall them. Obviously not in the chronological order.

1. Bheema's son Ghatoktach who was Asura ..attacked the Kauravas during the night. Killing 1000s of Kaurava troops causing havoc in their camp. Thus violating the Rule (The same as Ashwatthhama violated later on) not to attack the enemy during the period after the SUN set unto the Day Break, Its believed that he was ordered to do so to provoke Karna to use Vaijayanti Astra given to him by Indra in lieu of his Kavach Kundalas.

1. Bheema killed an Elephant called Ashwatthhama and the purphy was driven all over that Ashwatthama the SON was Drona became martyr. Baffled Drona sought the help of Dharmaraj Yudhishtheer who he believed never lied. Yuddhishtheer was well aware that Ashwatthhama that got killed was an Elephant ..but still in his chose to mislead Drona by uttering "  Naro va Kunjarova"  which means Ashwatthhama surely got killed but he ain't sure if it was the Elephant or Drona's son. That confused Drona further.. traumatized him ..He then sat down meditating trying to reckon the situation with his Yogic power. Drishtadymna (Whom Ashwatthhana later killed on that Sinful night ) took unjust advantage of Drona's helpless, aggrieved situation and beheaded him. Was this act not sinful?

1. Lord Krishna had owed not to use the weapon in the war and that he would only guide the Pandavas to their fate in the war with platonic assistance. Duryodhana was utterly disgusted with the inaction by Bheeshma who led the Kauravas. Bheeshma refrained from killing Pandavas due to his immense inherent love for them. That led to him handling his side in the most perfunctory way.  Duryodhana was grumpy and naffed off with this and literally called Bheeshma Shameful askinh im to resign as the leader of his side ..paving a way for Karna to assume the control.  Bheeshma was mortified and retaliated in the most fierce and anguished manner and massacred 1000's of Pandavas which petrified them. Krishna went running up to him with a chariot wheel in his hands ready to fling that at him. The wheel that signifies the Sudarshan Chakra.. Thus violating the Oath! ..

D. Karna was killed when he was unarmed 'and off the chariot ..So was his Son Vrush      Sen ..who was attacked and bailed up by 10's of Maha Rathi's at a go' And beheaded him ..Which was also against the rules..let's not resort to ' Everything is fair in LOVE and WAR' slogan here ..Fair would be when both sides are allowed that '

I can present ya with many such instances and events .but I think I would stop here for now ..Till someone decides to carry on with this cranky debate further ..Mahabharat is pretty complex'and the message there is far more cryptic to understand by merely reading that. Pretty eventful and engrossing with the kaleidoscopic persona that depicted that in a most trilling way.  Its notional..and it illustrates the importance of Karma Yoga ..without being dithered and getting off your own beliefs and objectives '

Ashwatthhama is illusive 'He is more of a tendency and a feeling..That of guilt and remorse within us all 'Which never dies..Which is carried over centuries..He lives somewhere in a far niche of everyone's mind 'All the time 'He is Immortal '.

PS:  I so wish the Lord had at least offered him a privilege to use the Internet connection ..Huh!  Poor soul must be sulking somewhere ..all alone ..I and him coulda helped each other get rid of this deep rotting lonely feeling 'Ouch

(LOL)

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 01 October 2012 at 2:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Reshama.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top