Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mione thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Yes but Crouch did not face death twice right? 😊

OK. I'll give a clue. Try thinking of it from the book perspective, as well as that from the movies. The ACT line as I mentioned before has a lot of significance and you have to sort of take a different approach to solving this. Maybe I did not frame it very well but once I give the solution you guys will see how it fits. 😃
GodricSlytherin thumbnail
Hey Everyone...

Okay lemme take a guess to this Riddle... I think it is The Invisibility Cloak... lemme know...
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Okay here goes list of others, lol won't bother explaining in case they aren't answers ( which I strongly fell is the case lmaoo )

Prof Quireel ( don't remember how to spell it lol ) 
Dumby
Remus lupin

Aleysha don't give out answer if they ain't... I'll have more tries..roflll
nobo thumbnail
& btw crouch did faced death twice...once in Azkaban & again in the Quidditch World Cup...

Well elaborate one thing...faced death means Escaped death twice or Died in the attempt Or Survived two times after death ????
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^Act i wanted to ask the same thing..does conflict mean die, escape or fight? Or simply "face" which includes all?

i'll take another go- is it anyone from the marauders?
Mione thumbnail
Varun and Priya, it means 'DIE'. And Priya it is 'Dumbledore' 😊 but for a change I'll leave it to you guys to give the explanation. Let's see who comes closest to the right one. 😉
nobo thumbnail
Yesss... My guess clicked. I actually thought of an explanation for all of them But since Only dumby's required now...here goes 

I may be horribly wrong but that's what I thought when I thought it may be him

2 persons throughout life - 
I concluded that he was two diff persons One a overly talented but foolish kid before Ariyana's death But Then the wisest wizard ...But that second shade of him Emerged again when he saw Resurrection stone.

As for Acted line - People around him ( lot of elder Wizards who knew about this incident & His History but kept mum ( or we can say Acted ) as though He is just like that,  like Aberforth , bathilda, & all until he was alive ) 

As for death thing - If you say it means die Then couldn't be Draco 's two unsuccessful tries & his battle with voldy & grindeowald
   So I conclude it Must be 
1 ) in that fight where Ariyana died...He could have died & indeed died seeing Ariyana, I mean a new dumby was emerged from Der

2) drinking that horrible drink in cave for the Horcrux kinda killed him

Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey thanks ayesha.
Conflict meant die?sorry, but what i dont understand is how can a person die twice?😛
Mione thumbnail
Firstly, a BIG thank you to all of you Varun, Cutecj & Priya 🤗 and of course GodricSlytherin, for attempting this one. I really appreciate your patience and efforts!!! 

Priya: Thanks once again for the detailed explanation of why you thought it's Dumbledore. That itself shows how much thought you put into solving the riddle 👏 . However, I have to differ with you on the points that you mentioned. Like I already said faced death means actually died. So this does not match with what you said about dying. I'll give the explanation below. Secondly, more than one person in existence literally means more than one person and not more than one type of person. 😳

Varun: LOL! the moment I read your last comment about how can a person die twice, the first thing that came to my mind was Ron asking - how can anyone be in two places at once! 😉 😆 Anyway, I think the following will clear your doubt.

EXPLANATION:
Dumbledore has been more than one person as he has been played by two different actors,
During filming everybody "acts" of course as if there is no difference in the two Dumbledores,
Richard Harris died before finishing his role as Dumbledore, which conflicted the character with death once, and then a second time when he dies on set in HBP (Played by Michael Gambon).

Sorry if you guys found it completely crappy and mental on my part but I did mention that this requires thinking out of the box! 😳

Mione thumbnail
So who's giving the next one?