Mythological Masti

We should have a banner contest

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I think its been gaes since the banner was changed what do you all think?

😊
If you think yes then do reply so that we can pressurize lolaπŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I agree, just waiting for Lola to find some free time as well so that she can participate too. Everyone seems to be so busy nowadays so I'm wondering when the best time is that all can participate.😊
hmmm but so many forums aree having banner contests
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rather than a banner I would prefer what Vrish suggested here:

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

If one goes through the page that one has to navigate while coming to this forum (assuming it's not bookmarked), one will notice that unlike the channels, like ABC or Fox TV, it doesn't have any picture, since no such channel exists.

So my suggestion - why not have a contest of a picture that would be representative of this channel?  Yeah, we have the banner for this forum, but this one would be simpler, and simply be indicative of a page where mythology is discussed.  Choose the symbology most representative of Hindu mythology, and put it to a vote here.

On another note, is it possible to talk to the mods to have Mythological Masti be listed on the home page itself - maybe in the popular section, like Sports/Cricket, Food, etc?  B'cos this certainly doesn't fall in the international category in the way ABC, Disney, Fox et al do.

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Kal El

Rather than a banner I would prefer what Vrish suggested here:

I like this forum logo graphic idea. Takes less work than squeezing all the little faces together for a banner, so I might actually be able to participate.

As for the second one about moving to a more prominent place that would be easier for new members to find, I have tried bringing this up with the GMs and admins before but apparently it's not that simple. The sections that currently come under the main IndiaForums heading on the main page - HP, Twilight, TVD, etc - are too popular for them to move. Maybe if more of us express interest in this idea through PMs to the higher ups, we might find a solution? I was thinking maybe putting us under Star Utsav since most mythos are syndicated on that channel. Given that the current rep. of our genre, DKDM, is also on a network from the Star folks, it's likely to find its way there as well.
Edited by lola610 - 11 years ago
We can open a thread in suggestion/ comment help desk and ask them if it can get a place on the home page or in one of the channels
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kal

Thanks for bringing this up again.

Lola

We don't need to tamper w/ those sections, or try and move HP, Twilight, etc.  Instead, just move Mythological Masti to the General discussion forums.  It can either fall under 'General' or under 'Books, Movies & Music'.  The latter seems pretty good, given that in this forum, we discuss either the scriptural works, past serials or movies, and the various devotional music as well.  If Shruti doesn't think that's a good fit, general is better.  

But yeah, that would be a simple change - move it out of popular & international, and to the home page w/ just a simple link.  It wouldn't be too much work for Vijay's guys - just add a link next to 'Music corner' or 'Suggestion & Feedback', and delete the box in the Foreign page (We've barely touched on Norse & Greek, so this is hardly foreign.  We could always have Loki monkey around w/ IF if they don't listen to us 😈)
good idea Vrish

but what is lokiu monkey?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Loki was a Norse god who loved playing practical jokes.  In one of them, he arranged to get killed Baldur, the Norse god of light, as per this account:
========================================================

Baldur had a dream of his own death and his mother had the same dreams. Since dreams were usually prophetic, this depressed him, so his mother Friggmade every object on earth vow never to hurt Baldr. All objects made this vow except mistletoe.[6] Frigg had thought it too unimportant and nonthreatening to bother asking it to make the vow (alternatively, it seemed too young to swear).

"Odin's last words to Baldr" (1908) by W. G. Collingwood.

When Loki, the mischief-maker, heard of this, he made a magical spear from this plant (in some later versions, an arrow). He hurried to the place where the gods were indulging in their new pastime of hurling objects at Baldr, which would bounce off without harming him. Loki gave the spear to Baldr's brother, the blind god Hr, who then inadvertently killed his brother with it (other versions suggest that Loki guided the arrow himself). For this act, Odin and the giantess Rindr gave birth to Vli who grew to adulthood within a day and slew Hr

Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
.anishaa. thumbnail
I wanna have a banner contest :D
Even though mine would probably suck πŸ˜†