Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
I think its been gaes since the banner was changed what do you all think?

Smile
If you think yes then do reply so that we can pressurize lolaWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "We should have a banner contest" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 8:38am | IP Logged
I agree, just waiting for Lola to find some free time as well so that she can participate too. Everyone seems to be so busy nowadays so I'm wondering when the best time is that all can participate.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
hmmm but so many forums aree having banner contests

Vishakha_Sakhi

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Rather than a banner I would prefer what Vrish suggested here:

Originally posted by .Vrish.

If one goes through the page that one has to navigate while coming to this forum (assuming it's not bookmarked), one will notice that unlike the channels, like ABC or Fox TV, it doesn't have any picture, since no such channel exists.

So my suggestion - why not have a contest of a picture that would be representative of this channel?  Yeah, we have the banner for this forum, but this one would be simpler, and simply be indicative of a page where mythology is discussed.  Choose the symbology most representative of Hindu mythology, and put it to a vote here.

On another note, is it possible to talk to the mods to have Mythological Masti be listed on the home page itself - maybe in the popular section, like Sports/Cricket, Food, etc?  B'cos this certainly doesn't fall in the international category in the way ABC, Disney, Fox et al do.

.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Rather than a banner I would prefer what Vrish suggested here:

Originally posted by .Vrish.

If one goes through the page that one has to navigate while coming to this forum (assuming it's not bookmarked), one will notice that unlike the channels, like ABC or Fox TV, it doesn't have any picture, since no such channel exists.

So my suggestion - why not have a contest of a picture that would be representative of this channel?  Yeah, we have the banner for this forum, but this one would be simpler, and simply be indicative of a page where mythology is discussed.  Choose the symbology most representative of Hindu mythology, and put it to a vote here.

On another note, is it possible to talk to the mods to have Mythological Masti be listed on the home page itself - maybe in the popular section, like Sports/Cricket, Food, etc?  B'cos this certainly doesn't fall in the international category in the way ABC, Disney, Fox et al do.

I like this forum logo graphic idea. Takes less work than squeezing all the little faces together for a banner, so I might actually be able to participate.

As for the second one about moving to a more prominent place that would be easier for new members to find, I have tried bringing this up with the GMs and admins before but apparently it's not that simple. The sections that currently come under the main IndiaForums heading on the main page - HP, Twilight, TVD, etc - are too popular for them to move. Maybe if more of us express interest in this idea through PMs to the higher ups, we might find a solution? I was thinking maybe putting us under Star Utsav since most mythos are syndicated on that channel. Given that the current rep. of our genre, DKDM, is also on a network from the Star folks, it's likely to find its way there as well.

Edited by lola610 - 19 September 2012 at 6:27pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 19 September 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
We can open a thread in suggestion/ comment help desk and ask them if it can get a place on the home page or in one of the channels

Vishakha_Sakhi

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Kal

Thanks for bringing this up again.

Lola

We don't need to tamper w/ those sections, or try and move HP, Twilight, etc.  Instead, just move Mythological Masti to the General discussion forums.  It can either fall under 'General' or under 'Books, Movies & Music'.  The latter seems pretty good, given that in this forum, we discuss either the scriptural works, past serials or movies, and the various devotional music as well.  If Shruti doesn't think that's a good fit, general is better.  

But yeah, that would be a simple change - move it out of popular & international, and to the home page w/ just a simple link.  It wouldn't be too much work for Vijay's guys - just add a link next to 'Music corner' or 'Suggestion & Feedback', and delete the box in the Foreign page (We've barely touched on Norse & Greek, so this is hardly foreign.  We could always have Loki monkey around w/ IF if they don't listen to us Evil Smile)

Kal ElVishakha_Sakhi

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
good idea Vrish

but what is lokiu monkey?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top