Ronit Opting out of Sarrkkar: (

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I offered him the option of leaving our show:Ektaa

Ronit Roy hops to a rival soap, only to jump right back. By Lata Sinha.

Its known as Boob-tube Fatigue. With Indian Television developing its own star system a handful of the big players on television are ready to hold the medium to ransom.

But Big time TV Star Ronit Bose Roy discovered he had taken on more than he could handle when he decided to do a daily Sarrkkar...Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani on Zee TV in direct opposition to Ektaa Kapoor's Kasautii Zindagii Kay which has turned Ronit into a househaold name and is undoubtedly his main claim to fame.

When the popular TV actor tried to extend his reach to another channel, producer Ektaa Kapoor clipped his wings. She gave him achoice:either he continues playing the popular character Rishabh Bajaj, or he could move on to the new soap.

Ronit has wisely opted to stay on in Kapoor's serial. Laughs Kapoor,"It wasnt a show of strength or my attempt to prove how powerful I am.Ronit is a dear friend and a very important actor in our serial.I had no objection to Ronit doing another serial.But to my horror Sarrkkar..was slotted at the same time as my Kasautii...Surely we couldnt have Ronit competing against himself.Thats unethical.I offered him the option of leaving our show.He has kindly decided to stay on".

The Question is, what happens to Shobha De written Sarrkkar...where Ronit plays the pivotal role of a wounded Chief Minister's elder son? Ronit real life brother Rohit Roy stars as his brother.

Ronit has stopped shooting for Sarrkkar with immediate effect,thereby putting the whole project into a quandary.

It would be extremely odd to see another actor playing Ronit Roy's character so early into the plot. But thats the fast growing medium for you. Changes arent only inevitable they are also the tragic downside.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail

Hi friends

What to say I am completely shattered..Ektaa calls herself Ronit's friend.. foes are better than friends like her. Now from here on I dont see myself watching Kasauti all over again.. and also I wont get to see my darling Kunal for long.. And in Kyunki he is not provided with scenes worth a milli-second.. I feel like having lost everything.

Always with Ronit. Kunal Vir Pratap Singh will remain my sweetheart forever.

Luv Sonia.

livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
dont feel so bad ... its ok .. this is such a shock kunal is so sweet i luv him 2... but wat can we do ... ekta the vamp wants everything her way...

BTW where did u get this  news frm
mishamirza2 thumbnail
i am happy tht ronit prefferd kzk over sakaar bcuz here in pak esp in Airforce v dont get to c zee tv!
n secondly apart 4m ronit no one can play the role of rishab..it seems like a trailor made 4 him!
Ronit thumbnail
I am double minded on one side i feel really happy that my swetoo bajaj is not leaving YIPEE!!!๐Ÿ‘ and on the other hand i feel so bad coz of ekta we will not see ronit as kunal OH MY!!! imagine sum1 else playing the role of kunal pratap singh NO!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ญ
livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
but look at the bright side.. Kunal is gonna die rite ...atleast we wont hav 2 see kunal die as ronit .... ayse ho to mai mar jau
Hudiba thumbnail

Thankgod!he's not leaving kzk coz here in pakistan we don't get to see zee tv only star select and sony is allowed

second thing is if sweetoo Ronit leaves kzk then there is nothing left in that show and he was looking too good on Thursday

LONG LIVE RONIT ๐Ÿ˜‰

mishamirza2 thumbnail
i missed thursday's episode...cuz i was so xcited after watching kzk  on starustav....tht i switched off the tv...i didnt feel like watchign the new sissy generation๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 
Naina_in thumbnail
But Sonia is so correct, see it from this side, from here on we dont get to see Kunal for long, We should stop having any kind of expectation from Kyunki,its a pure disaster these days(for us Ronitians), And in Kzk, whatever happens everything comes back revolving around Anurag and Prerna(whether in the serial,or awards functions or events), we have really nothing here. And I agree with Ronit too, cannot imagine someone else playing Kunal, his role as Kunal is also very dynamic and he had plenty to do in it too.
Naina_in thumbnail
The very thought of watching Kzk again and the sissy new generation along with Anurag and Prerna offering cakes and stuff gives me shivers.    I love Kunal Veer Pratap Singh, how long and so eagerly we waited for Sarrkkar and now with all this happening, its really shattering.