Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

winterdusk

Goldie

winterdusk

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
hello frns its my first and probably the last post in this forum...i m watching ramayan from day one...so far i m disappointed the way the whole ramayan is being presented  hockey scene  the protrait scene  the tadka fight were below average...today's epi was also disappointing ... ahilya was turned into stone not into statue as they showed here and lord rama incidently step over the stone not purposely... lord rama never claimed himself to be a god as they are trying to protray him here.it was that wen rama stepped over ahilya ahilya got liberated and told the story by herself and that she was awaiting for him..this scene of stepping on the statue looked  weird coz if rama wanted to free her he can touch her by hand too y to step like this...ShockedOuch very poor presentationConfused
 and the starcast is also disappointingConfused...leaving sita ram and lakshman other actors are not good...either they overact or they are plainly below averageThumbs Down...i m dispapointed with the choice of urmila dont  they consider her important if they can chose good actors for tadaka and ahilya they could chose a nice actress for urmila too..Ermm.

Edited by sanjh11 - 16 September 2012 at 5:51am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NamzzmanzilmukulVarnita.nneeiillarti07..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DISAPPOINTED !!!!!" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:32am | IP Logged
But wasn't Ram having to free Ahilya using his feet was also part of the Ramayan? It was even shown in the Imagine's version where even here, Ram used his feet to free her : 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Namzzmanzilmukul

ukrn

ukrn

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Lord Rama never claimed to be god. Valmiki ramayan treated him as a extraordinary human. In Adhyatma Ramayan he was considered as god and treated as such. Tulsi Ramayan, on which all these TV ramayan's are based follows adhyatma ramayan. So this portrayal is not wrong.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NamzzHaremSultan..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:50am | IP Logged
While I agree that the supporting cast is disappointing, the story shown of Ahalya was not wrong. If one follows only Valmiki Ramayan and thinks other versions are inaccurate, then it may be wrong for them, but this story is shown very clearly in Ramcharitmanas.

Ramcharitmanas's story is what has been used in the 1986 and 2008 Ramayans, and it's used here too. Remember, this show in particular takes Ramcharitmanas as aadhaarit, so why would they show Valmiki's version of the story.

In Ramcharitmanas, Shri Ram himself never claims to be God but he acts in Godly manners many times throughout the epic. Saint Tulsidas portrayed him in a Godly manner while Valmikiji portrayed him more as a human. Neither is wrong, it just depends on which version makes you feel closer to God. I love both.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 16 September 2012 at 8:08am

minu2011Namzz

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Was waiting for your explanation the Mytho Wikipedia LOL

Namzz..RamKiJanaki..

winterdusk

Goldie

winterdusk

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged
i dont want to hurt anyone's intention nor i m against the creativity of the directors so far i have read shri ram  steps on the stone lying in his path not on any statue purposely...maybe it is correct but i dont like the way they presented the scene here ...gagan streching his legs and putting his  foot on ahilya was looking weird  really it left me to wonder y to purposely put the foot on the woman statue he can touch it by hand too the fact thats bothering me is the presentation and the way gagan enacted the scene i m not against the actor i felt it so shared...morever the previous epis are disappointing too..

and as far as starcast is concerned no comments on that...i m not here to argue ... i am done with the show and before leaving needed to convey my thoughts to the ph and cv... have heard cv read the comments...

Edited by sanjh11 - 16 September 2012 at 8:14am

Namzz

IF-Rockerz

Namzz

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Janaki, well explained. Thanks muchly!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

winterdusk

Goldie

winterdusk

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Visha_Dhami

B]

thanks for sharing i watched the clip here too shri ram stepped on the stone not on the woman statue and here the stepping was done subtly which is pleasing to watch while here stepping put forwarding one giant step on woman statue looked weird  hands down to this ramayan...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.