Debate Mansion

Freedom of expression/Inflaming religious senti's (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 29

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

You know what is the worst thing about that picture? The poor kid has no idea what the words on the board really mean. Now, if that is not brainwashing, I don't know what is.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

wankerRehanism-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Freedom of expression/Inflaming religious senti's (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged
And I commend and respect Google's decision of not removing the video since it is not illegal and not against the terms. They have to take a stand. People have to realize that they cannot shut people up by the fear of violence.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

wankerRehanism-Chandramukhi-

SportsFreak

SportsFreak

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

And I commend and respect Google's decision of not removing the video since it is not illegal and not against the terms. They have to take a stand. People have to realize that they cannot shut people up by the fear of violence.

Freedom of expression should apply to all. today even showing anything related to the holocaust will be banned. A hindu serial that was named hitler didi had to be changed because the authorities in the USA felt that was offensive. You will be jailed in some countries for displaying a neo nazi sign but there is usually no uproar here because we can apply different rules for different groups when it comes to freedom of expression

SportsFreak

SportsFreak

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
And those photos that are been uploaded here how do we even know they are genuine?

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged

We must learn to differentiate between ideologies and the people who subscribe to it. Just because we oppose an ideology that need not mean we hate the people who subscribe to it or least of all, want to cause any harm to them. I think our understanding of tolerance is extremely flawed..Most of us seem to be incapable of seeing the fine line dividing tolerance from inclusivism and we often end up confusing the two. And it is this confusion that prevents us from criticizing religions with the same discretion and maturity with which we would criticize political systems, laws or any other secular endeavor..

If *tolerance* means I am suppose to respect all religions unconditionally and never speak anything against any of them, then I am afraid, I am not at all a tolerant person..I am an opponent of religion in general; and Islam and Hinduism in particular - and I am not at all ashamed of that. However if tolerance means respecting every individual's right to hold different opinions and beliefs, even though I might not agree with them, and defending their right to express themselves as long as they do so non-violently (in speech and action), I can most happily support such a model of tolerance.

So in short :

Inclusivism = All opinions are right and I agree with and respect all opinions and shall never oppose anyone.

Tolerance = I might not agree with your opinion but I shall still respect your right to hold a different opinion as long as it doesn't jeopardize others life and liberty.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

I'm sure you'll also respect google's decision when they put up a video about you & your family, since it wouldn't be considered illegal ! LOL

Jokes apart,

Respecting one's religion is more important than respecting a ridiculous decision made by google. 

Also, the video is ILLEGAL, because the actors didn't know what they were doing & one of the actors who played in the movie & who had no idea what she was doing, sued youtube to take down the film. 
The actors have been BETRAYED ! 

2nd: You can sue someone for slander. In the movie he slandered Prophet Mohammad !

So basically, the movie is ILLEGAL ! 

The movie was made to piss Muslims off not because of freedom of speech.

I don't see what's the big deal here. All they have to do is take down the film & all of this nonsense will stop, but no freedom of speech ! More like freedom of shyt !

Edited by Aya. - 24 September 2012 at 3:13pm

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aya.

I'm not saying use you & your family for REAL in a video ! Like actors playing the role of your mother/father, but it's not your real parents. I know I should have explained more. My mistake.

If it's nothing illegal then what can I do?

Of course it's illegal. Someone made a false movie about you & your family.

It's called slander.

You can sue them. It is illegal.

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heart

Originally posted by Aya.

There are good & bad people in this world. Blame humanity ! Not religion ! Religion has nothing to do with this ! It's us humans !

Oh the humanity! A certain makes a certain movie which hurts religious sentiments and leads to violent protests. But yes! we should point fingers at the humanity!  

I'm sorry, but is this the first time you've seen protesters protesting violently ?!?!
People protest violently everywhere over jobs, food, school, etc. !!!! Have you not seen how those cops treat those protesters ?!?! Hitting them with their sticks, beating them up, throwing teargas at them ?!?! Really ?!?! Ridiculous !!!!

You claim that you read all the Holy books, but I DOUBT IT !
Because CLEARLY in the Quran, Chapter 5 Verse 32, it says...

"If anyone kills an innocent person it would be as if he killed the whole mankind and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of the whole mankind."

You & others can try so hard to change the verses of the Quran, but the truth is, you won't ever be able to do so, because millions of people memorize the Quran BY HEART !

In which context are you using this statement? The fact that good men like Christopher Steven were killed in the protest? People who had nothing to do with the movie and were in that country to improve relations between the two countries?   

First of all, what does my statement has to do with Christopher Steven ?!
This isn't the first time good people die !!
So many good people died in the war of Iraq, Afganistan, & Palestine !!
Life goes on !!

Edited by Aya. - 24 September 2012 at 3:46pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top