Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Freedom of expression/Inflaming religious senti's (Page 5)

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wanker

When M.F Hussain painted naked pictures of Hindu goddess that was freedom of speech? Right!

Yes, it WAS.Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesBeyond_the_VeilSamraat_92

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 9:19pm | IP Logged

When M.F Hussain painted naked pictures of Hindu goddess that was freedom of speech? Right!

Absolutely.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesBeyond_the_VeilSamraat_92

Aya. IF-Dazzler
Aya.
Aya.

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Everyone has a different threshold of toleration. But what I know is nobody can say anything that is worth killing somebody. A human life is worth much more than any offensive thing anyone can say. I have not seen the movie itself, but people need to chill more. It's someone's opinion. You don't like his opinion, you don't need to watch the movie. You cannot please everybody. Somebody, somewhere would be offended by everything. So, should we all just stop?
So, If someone were to make a bad movie about your mom/dad/brother/sister or even you & talk a lot of crap in it, you're going to say, "it's someone's opinion ?!" 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKForever-KA

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

MF Hussian is a gr8 artist...I love his works..., one religion never show their God's pictures other is opposite...I think people should see various temples in India, instead of closing their eyes... I saw that paintings exhibition in Delhi, some people believe that M F Husain being a Muslim has deliberately painted Hindu goddesses in nude to insult Hindus and Hinduism...No,I dont think he did it purposly or with any intention...and I feel he did not portray Hindu goddesses in the same voluptuousness as other artists...  He made his nude goddesses less erotic than those found in temples and museums!

RehanismAya.

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aya.

So, If someone were to make a bad movie about your mom/dad/brother/sister or even you & talk a lot of crap in it, you're going to say, "it's someone's opinion ?!" 

Define "bad".

I will get angry if he make baseless talks. If he does something illegal, I will take him to court. It all dpeends on what is said and in what manner. But I will not kill him, nor harm people who have nothing to do with him. These lines comes to mind

"If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

If he is making false assumptions and you know it to be wrong, you can counter him. But if you have nothing to challenge, then he is probably right.

_Artemis_Samraat_92

Aya. IF-Dazzler
Aya.
Aya.

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by Aya.

Define "bad".

I will get angry if he make baseless talks. If he does something illegal, I will take him to court. It all dpeends on what is said and in what manner. But I will not kill him, nor harm people who have nothing to do with him. These lines comes to mind

"If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved."

If he is making false assumptions and you know it to be wrong, you can counter him. But if you have nothing to challenge, then he is probably right.

@bold - Never said anything about killing him or harming people. Leave that aside.

& if he runs away & hides & the whole world gets to see the movie he made about you & your family ? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_Artemis_Rehanism-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Aya. IF-Dazzler
Aya.
Aya.

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
@Rehanism

Islam is a religion of Peace. It's not an opinion. It's a fact !

2nd: What are you exactly trying to prove by showing those pictures ?!

Ahh, so If I were to go out to protest & write on my board, "Behead those who say Christianity, Judaism, Hunduism, Atheism is violent !!" 

What would you say then ?!

Would it seriously be right to blame religion ?!

Why don't you point your fingers at humanity rather than pointing your fingers at Islam ?!

So many innocent people died in the war of Irag, Afganistan, & Palestine & still the blame is on Islam & Muslims ?! They are still called terrorists ?! Really ?! 

There are good & bad people in this world. Blame humanity ! Not religion ! Religion has nothing to do with this ! It's us humans !

You claim that you read all the Holy books, but I DOUBT IT !
Because CLEARLY in the Quran, Chapter 5 Verse 32, it says...

"If anyone kills an innocent person it would be as if he killed the whole mankind and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of the whole mankind."

You & others can try so hard to change the verses of the Quran, but the truth is, you won't ever be able to do so, because millions of people memorize the Quran BY HEART !

Edited by Aya. - 23 September 2012 at 4:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Go to top