Freedom of expression/Inflaming religious senti's - Page 23

Posted: 11 years ago
@RTH

Post the URL with space between the characters. Or use a URL shortner.
Originally posted by Freethinker112

@RTH

Post the URL with space between the characters. Or use a URL shortner.

I tried using T-I-N-Y-U-R-L-D-O-T-C-O-M

But seems like it gets blocked too.

Edit 1:  www.***urlremoved***

Edit 2: It is not censorship. Rehaan's url has words that are too long. But t i n y u r l  seems to be blocked by IF. Fuck you IF
Edited by return_to_hades - 11 years ago
 ^^  Is that some sort of censorship ? Censorship creeping in the thread on  freedom of expression 😆
Well, don't start swearing. 😆

I figured out the URL by plugging the redirect string and now have shortened using Google. Let's hope it works.

Link

Edit : Yes, the link is working. Will read and reply tomorrow. 😊 Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Is that some sort of censorship ? Censorship creeping in the thread on freedom of expression 😆

Well, URL shortners are blocked by many sites because they can easily be used for spamming and compromising security because you can't see the final URL you will be visiting. And about the actual URL, I have not tried posting it, but RTH pointed out that there is some glitch due to long words in the URL. Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Freedom of speech is a very contentious justification. No act/speech can be neutral or free of power because our world is full of power relations. Let's face it, those who have (economic, militaristic) power determine real social variables for those who are marginalized or dispossessed. I think the way the Western press covers "Muslim rage" in itself is so problematic. This isn't just a question of people reacting in a vaccum. There's already a context here. Not just a context of Islamophobia but of war and Western powers literally terrorizing, detaining, bombing Muslim people for how many years now.. lost count.