Joined: 03 December 2005
Joined: 01 April 2009
First of all there is no excuse for violence, killing, damaging property. It results in following negative results for your cause.
1) It proves the maker of that movie right.
2) It gives more attention to the movie.
3) It increases chance of future such acts as you show yourself vulnerable.
4) In the end you are largely hurting your own property/country.
5) It is also against religion to hurt innocent
Joined: 09 January 2012
IJSMB Banner Contest Winner.
Joined: 13 October 2005
Joined: 12 February 2008
Joined: 30 September 2008
Joined: 18 January 2006
Joined: 17 September 2012
Mischiefmongers will use any opportunity available to them. The pertinent question is should there be censorship of freedom of expression? Is the world ready for this freedom? A particular culture may be receptive but the multicultural nature and global implications need to be considered.
The filmmaker may be an Egyptian but unlikely that he would have been able to make that film in Egypt. Its the "freedom of speech and expression" in US that made it possible in the US. The White House in all probability felt the heat of its policy of unbridled freedom of everything and therefore arrested the guy who was only exercising his rights in the US.
It has always been the vulnerable innocent group that gets targeted in such mindless violence. It happenned during the holocast, post Godhra incident riots in Gujarat, recently in the NE states of India, terror attacks in Pakistan, ..and so on
Makes one wonder who exactly is to be held responsible for all such killings!
1. The people who made the movie
2. The actors in it
3. The media circulating it to the public
4. People using it to promote hatred
5. People succumbing and reacting violently to the provocation
6. Govt that failed to anticipate such a reaction and take preventive steps
7. The victims- could they in anyway have contributed to their fate
8. The general public as a mute spectator who is forced to take it all in its stride
While its sad that an innocent US diplomat lost his life it is a fact that thousands of other innocents belonging to other nationalities have been victims of similar mindless killings time and again. Terrorism knows no boundaries . Perhaps the US is beginning to realise that it is no longer as secure as it once believed.
While freedom of speech needs to be encouraged it should be borne in mind that the right is not absolute and some censorship would be in order considering the potential for misuse by rouge elements at least till the time it is felt that there is a mature audience out there that can think for itself and not give in to provocation at the drop of a hat. Under the pretext of self righteousness the harm caused to the innocents is often callously disregarded.
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|Religious freedom at workplace..||blue-ice||16||1196||03 July 2011 at 9:43am
|Universalism or religious fanatics!||Vinzy||21||938||13 May 2011 at 7:02am
|Is religious guidance important in life?!||Vinzy||5||638||11 April 2011 at 4:48pm
|Religious tags: Really needed?||mind-googling||105||5268||27 May 2010 at 5:11pm
|Being Spiritual and religious||Khatarnak||34||1996||27 March 2010 at 10:06am