Sensational South

Retro Reel #4 : Home is where the heart is :)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged

Retro Reel #4 : Home is where the heart is

Previous Retro Reels

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/989/989321gyey13hzit.gif

The movie pick of this week  KELADI KANMANI (English Translation : Listen to me, my dear) released in 1990 was directed by Vasanth, starring noted playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam and Radhika Sarathkumar

CastS.P. Balasubrahmanyam , Radhika ,Ramesh Arvind,Anju , Gita , JanakRaj , SriVidya, Charlie , Chinni Jayanth, Vivek , Poornam Viswanathan . 

Plot :  The movie begins with the love-hate relationship between Anu (Anju) and Sasi (Ramesh Aravind). We also see that Anu is a motherless child, reared by an understanding father, A.R.R (S.P. Balasubrahmanyam). As the relationship between Anu and Sasi gradually blossoms into love, Anu's intuition tells her that something is going to go wrong. True to her feelings, she is diagnosed with a terminal disease. After coming to terms with the fact that death is at her doorstep, Anu expresses her last wish to Sasi. She wants to find Sharada (Radhika), who once wanted to marry her father A.R.R (S.P. Balasubrahmanyam), but had to part ways because of Anu's stubbornness. Sasi leaves no stone unturned in finding Sharada. Secretly everyone hopes that Anu will survive. But will she? 

This is SPB's first movie to have him in the lead role. He had acted in a few Balachandar Sir's  movies in cameos and small roles before. It was unprecedented...but SPB suited the slightly overweight typical  common man.LOL The girl Anju..who later acted in many Radaan serials was a child star before this movie.

The movie won numerous prestigious awards.

And who can forget the song , where SPB sings Mannil Indha Kadhal without catching a breath Clap The lyrics so magical , Illayaraja's tunes & Marina beach which was so empty & clean once Ouch 

Edited by SylvaniaLUX - 16 September 2012 at 5:32am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanadskxxx-Preetz-Roshini1494vanadhi..SmaTz..-Nakshatra-MP_Radha---Priya---SweetyGreen--Udhay--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Retro Reel #4 : Home is where the heart is :)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..SmaTz..

IF-Dazzler

..SmaTz..

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
One Of my favourite film and One of my Favourite song "Mannil Intha Kathal"!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-vanadhiStrawbellasiva2901

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged

Wow..another good selection of the movie. I love the song...actually two of them...one is SBBs "mannil intha kadhal" and the other one "kapure mullai ondru". 

SB suited the daddy role and the movie is a nice family movie. Its sad we never knew the girls fate at the end - she just went on a roadtrip with her boyfriendErmm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-vanadhi-Nakshatra---Udhay--

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
@Chanthini.. Thanks for commenting ..This movie seems to be liked by many Big smile

@Aahana :  They can't show a tragic end na LOL...hence her last hurrah & roap trip with her BF...I kinda liked the ambiguous end...why make audience cry..It sort of reminds me of EHMMBH Stern Smile  VirMaan love story 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

Roshini1494

Coolbie

Roshini1494

IF Crazy Co-Captain, SM & TRS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
i love this movie a lot...have seen this lots of time..but kinda emotional one..Embarrassed
SPB nd radhika's acting are awesome...Thumbs Up
Ilaiyaraja's music.. mind blowing one..Clap
My favs is mannil indha, karpura bommai ondru- such a sad song...makes me cry...Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-vanadhi

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
I saw this movie before 10 years ago but can't remember the scenes properly but somehow some scenes come to my memory LOL

One thing I remembered fully from the movie is illayaraja songs LOL

-Deepzz-vanadhi

sneha_vijay

IF-Dazzler

sneha_vijay

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:11am | IP Logged
WOW its awesome movie
 songs all will be very good 

-Deepzz-vanadhi

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
nice movie .. paarthu romba naal aaguthu. btw, kullamani sounds hilarious .. anyone know why it's kullamani??LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-vanadhisneha_vijay

Post Reply New Post

Go to top