Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kareena mum over wedding date, converting to Islam (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
This is a very pathetic thing to get converted to marry a person..Why can't two individuals with different views and beliefs (or lack of) get married and still retain their individuality? Its not like there are legal hurdles. Our constitution recognizes inter-faith marriage under Special Marriages Act 1954 and protects inheritance, adoption and divorce rights without the interference of primitive traditions and dogmas. So why this fuss is created about conversion, especially about conversion to Islam? If this is the case with top notch celebrities what can be said about ordinary masses? They would automatically feel their identities jeopardized and then you would find people whining about "Islamophobia"..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_dean4Eva

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kareena mum over wedding date, converting to Islam (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Enycedoll

Originally posted by eraser

Originally posted by Enycedoll

Originally posted by eraser

I agree and disagree. As Blue-Ice said, its pretty pathetic when people use religion to their convenience (Dharmender and Hema) but it doesnt haveto be a bad thing either. My friend's girlfriend converted to Judaism when they got married, it wasnt just about becoming Jewish but rather  an acceptance of religious practices, traditions and morals. My friend is a very practicing jewish guy and his religion was important not just for him but for his kids as well. His girlfriend didnt really care about being a Christian and had no concerns about raising her kids with Jewish morals so really, it's not a big deal. 

Thats very interesting. Did the couple get ostracized from the community? Howd she "convert"? Because theres really no such thing as "converting" in judaism. unless, ofcourse, they managed to bribe the rabbi, but even then the community has to accept u. Ahh, such a mess they have. 

Nope,  they were totally accepted in the immediate family (lol of course, AFTER she converted ). Dont know about the community. and yeah, as far as I remember, she did convert but I'm not sure about the details. 

Thats very interesting. I know of instances, here in nyc, where the community has refused/rejected the coversion. And the case of ur friend is even more interesting because i believe in judaism the children follow the religion of the mother which spells total ostracization. Theyre very, very strict about their ruling. I hate to say this, but its really not a very inviting religion Ouch (inviting as in inviting people to the religion).

Jews consider Judaism as a race and not just a religion. I remember reading it somewhere and that they were getting it legally recognised. The arguement they put forward is that even if a Jew converts to another religion they are still Jewish as Judaism is a race and your race always stays the same. And yes, the children following the mother's religion is right. That's how they put forward the Judiasm being a race and not a religion arguement. (I can't recall where I read/saw this debate - probably on BBC or maybe read about it too).

I am not talking legally here but what I have heard in conversion debates from Jewish scholars. Also, yes, Jews are very strict about their rulings.

About the article:

Like most other people here said, I agree with them. Religion is something that one SHOULD ONLY change when they wholeheartedly BELIEVE in the other religion. Even if there is a tiny-bit of doubt, they should not because then you are not only disrecpting one religion but two.

I personally am strictly against mixed religion marriages. Religion is a very important and a very prominent part of one's life (that is of course if they are practicing it and not just in name only) which does have an influence on people's everyday living decisions.

I have never heard of any practicing Muslim/Christian/Jew/Hindu etc to marry another practicing Muslim/Christian/Jew/Hindu etc - I have only heard of mixed religion marriages where at least one of the partner is not practicing any religion (they might belong to a particular in name only).

Enycedoll

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
These so called Muslims/Hindu actors don't even know anything about their religion or cultural. 

They are just living their life like the West !

& what's with the half Muslim, half Hindu thing ? Is there even such thing as that ?

Anyway, Case closed ! Neexxtt !

Edited by Aya. - 14 September 2012 at 10:39pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKevangelinelilyPentaminous.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplypurple

Originally posted by chocolover89

^Amrita Singh is half-Muslim anyways, so it's not that big a deal if she converted fully to Islam considering she probably grew up with some Islamic influence in her life.

Having an Islamic influence is not the same though. You're either a Muslim or you're not. And it's not what it says on paper. It's based on what's in your heart. It's just as simple as that really.  Plus, it's not like a race where you can be a half Caucasian-half Indian mix. So I don't think she's a Muslim. But then I don't know what's in her heart. I'm just going by what I've heard about her. Don't think she's ever come forward and say she's Muslim.

Anyway, even if Kareena does convert, I hope it's not for name sake or as a joke. I'd rather she stay a Hindu than be a fake Muslim.
True religion is not the same as a race. But I read somewhere that one of Amrita's parents was Muslim and the other Hindu...so I assumed she followed both religions like Aryan/Suhana supposedly do... I assumed she had been raised to follow both religions...hence the "half-Muslim" comment. Perhaps it was the wrong terminology.

The rest I agree with :)

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
EDIT

Edited by desigal90 - 14 September 2012 at 11:54pm

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Kareena herself has been raised in a household with two religious influences - Hinduism and Christianity.
She's been going to church with her mum for ages.

She identifies herself as "spiritual", not a follower of any particular faith.

Saif on the other hand has been raised in a completely Muslim household, with Muslim upbringing, but lately he also says he's more spiritual than anything else. Says he's born Muslim, and its his identity, and he doesnt like the idea of conversion, which is one of the things he has against organized religion. Just a few days ago, it was said that he arranged a puja for Kareena in their new home.  

If Bebo converts, it will purely be on paper for inheritance laws in Pataudi. 

Btw guys, if anyone's interesting to know more about Saif's views on religion and his response to converting Kareena, here it is.

At 12:55 Kareena-Saif are asked about conversion 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahanibambogli

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Why Saif wants Kareena to convert religion while he, himself, doesn't follow Islam? So does that mean Amrita converted to Islam before getting married to Saif?Confused

-shalz-

-FSH-

-FSH-

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 4:32am | IP Logged
What is the point of KAreena converting to Islam when from heart she is gonna believe in Baghwan.
Relgion is no joke , religion is the way you live your live your life and proceed it. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pentaminous.-shalz-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top