Hongey Judaa Na Hum

Screenindia -- Fantastic 4 - Hongey Juda cast

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Sony Entertainment Television has replacedSaas Bina Sasural with Hongey Judaa Na Hum, a romantic saga. The show, which traces the journey of a couple's disturbed married life, features the television industry's four famous faces - Raqesh Vashisht, Aamna Shariff, Aamir Ali and Deepshikha Nagpal.

"The casting of the show got a twist when Aamna agreed to take up this project. Since it was a comeback of one of the most successful TV actress, we thought of going big in terms of the star cast," says Paritosh Painter, the co-producer of Hongey ...

According to the producer, many well-known television actors were auditioned but it was Raqesh's equation with Aamna that looked amazing on screen. With Raqesh on board, the search began for someone who could give a complex to the couple's married life and in came Aamir.

But it was actress Deepshikha, who needed a lot of convincing as she was being approached to play Aamna's mother.

The four make an interesting quadrangle as a cast on the show. Here's looking why...

Raqesh Vashisht: Real life to reel life

The actor, who tried his luck in films in the early 2000s, instead became a popular face on TV. After doing films like Tum Bin and Dil Vil Pyar Vyar, Raqesh Vashisht shot to instant fame withEk Packet Umeed and Simply Sapne. He was liked in shows like Saat Phere and Maryada:Lekin Kab Tak?

In Honge ..., he will be seen essaying the role which has a hint of his personal flavour to it. Here Raqesh will also be seen doing paintings just as a painter that he is in real life.

He revealed, "It's exciting to showcase a part of your real self on screen. I have won several awards for my paintings and can make big canvases within 30 minutes. I hope the producers agree to feature one of my original paintings on the show or have me paint one for a scene."

This is the first time that Raqesh and Aamna are paired with each other. Speaking about her, Raqesh says, "I was apprehensive to work with her as I had heard that she throws a lot of starry tantrums, but I must say, she is nothing like that. In fact, she is a very friendly person."

Meanwhile, September seems to be a lucky month for Raqesh with two releases on the anvil. While his TV show went on air on the 10th, his film Heroine is slated for a September 21 release.

Aamna Shariff: Making a comeback

Aamna Shariff made her television debut in 2003, with Kahiin To Hoga on Star Plus. The show, which portrayed sizzling chemistry between Rajeev Khandelwal and Aamna, was one of the most successful serials of all times. After being associated with it for four years, Aamna took to doing films like Aloo Chat, Aao Wish Karein and Shakal Pe Mat Ja. With not so pleasant filmy career, she is now back to doing TV.

"I quit television to do films. I was still looking for good film offers to come my way till I read the script of Hongey .... Unlike my character in Kahiin To Hoga, this is a contemporary story which I could relate to and could not refuse," said Aamna. Citing the changes that have taken place regarding production of TV shows over time, Aamna, who attended workshops to know her co-stars and prepare for her character, says, "Today there is a very thin line between filmmaking and TV shows. Earlier, in a serial, a character developed while the show progressed. But for Hongey ..., it took me two months to prepare for the role of Muskaan. We planned the minutest details from her dressing style to her mannerisms. There were workshops just like the way you have for films, where we interacted with our co-stars and got to know each other."

Deepshikha Nagpal: On playing a mother

Deepshikha Nagpal is a veteran television actress who has done a number of Hindi and Punjabi films too. She had roles in Baadshah with Shah Rukh Khan and Partner with Salman Khan. Famous for her TV show Ajnabi opposite Danny Denzongpa, the actress is making a comeback on TV, post her wedding. Surprisingly on Honge..., Deepshikha will be seen essaying the role of a mother to a 25-year old girl (played by Aamnaa) for the first time in her acting career.

Aamir Ali: From hero to second lead

Playing the other hero on the show is Aamir Ali, who is also seen on SAB TV's FIR. Earlier it was Aamir who was to play the main protagonist. He states, "Yes, Sony had approached me to play the main lead, but I did not want to quit FIR as I feel the show has helped me grow as an actor. I have learnt a lot about comedy and how to put in the punches at the right time. So I agreed to play the second lead, that of neurosurgeon Dr. Aniruddh."

The actor plays a character with a negative streak and adds that his entry in the show will take the viewers into flashback.

A loving tale

Produced by Sri Adhikari Brothers, Hongey Judaa Na Hum explores the story of a young couple who are diametrically opposite individuals, who think and behave differently and hail from a different socio-economic background. But despite their differences they love each other. The show airs every Monday to Thursday at 9 pm on Sony TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khanrocks thumbnail
they truley are fab cast,fab jodi what more can u want?
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
So, Anirudh is negative after all. Hmmm...
I love the casting of this show because they all share an amazing chemistry with each other.

Thanks for sharing, TanuπŸ€—
So Aamir Ali was approached first to play main lead? I'm glad he decided to opt for the role of Dr Anirudh instead.

Thanks for sharing :)
dazzlinggirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I didnt know Amirs character had a negative streak!!
muskaan. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
amazing article!

love the cast of this show :)

The actor plays a character with a negative streak and adds that his entry in the show will take the viewers into flashback.

Hmmm

interesting!
HanoAhmed thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanx4 sharing πŸ˜Š
JugniPH thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
thanks for sharing..πŸ˜ƒ
aniruddh will turn negative..πŸ˜’