Kunal & Siddhi - The creatives gave us perfection!

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Watching last nights episode as a stand alone, I had a lot of thoughts but above all I really felt the creatives got everything about Kunal and Siddhi absolutely right. The dialogues, the emotions, the longing, the pain, the love...Everything was perfect! I just want to highlight some of the things that truly made the episode worthwhile.

- Kunal and Siddhi were getting the decorations sorted and even though they pretended to be busy working, they were very much aware of each other being around. And when they saw each other, the memories caved in ruthlessly. Siddhi made a very poignant dialogue later in the episode about how it was difficult to forget the past when it was constantly in front of you. No matter how hard they try, it is impossible for both of them to not look at each other and remember how they shared so much more than just love for one another. Kunal pretends to not care, but as soon as he became aware that Siddhi was going to fall, he rushed in to hold her. It is so automatic and much like a reflex for Kunal to stop her from falling. The need to be there for one another is so evident in these scenes.

- Kunal entered the room while Siddhi was getting ready and that first flashback of the awkward moment when Kunal similarly entered the room when Siddhi couldn't get her dori tied was so well placed. They have so many memories together that even when they try to run away from each other, it never works out because those moments will never fade away. After catching Siddhi in the previous scene, Kunal said he didn't have any right to hold her, but all that went flying out the window in this scene. He knew Siddhi was changing and could have immediately left the room, but NO, he stood there because he unconsciously still holds that feeling that he has the rights on her as a husband. Siddhi was shocked and probably embarrassed too but even she did not protest. They both looked away and did what they had to, but the best part was that they did not behave like strangers, it pretty much shows that they both still think they have the right to call each other "mine".

- Kunal's jealousy became prominent once again when he said he didn't know what he was more saddened by, the fact that she listens so much to Abhay or whether she was purposely doing such things. He cares so much for her, he loves her so much but is in such complete denial, its like he wants to mask his love for her by trying to say things that will hurt her. Siddhi's monologue was so true, Kunal thinks she has changed but she changed only for Anand Jr., to be closer to him and make him like his father. I feel sorry for Siddhi because she is caught in the middle, with everyone thinking she is the one in the wrong. She still loves Kunal and Chopras only because she still stands where she did 9 years ago. You can change what is on the outside, but you can never change what is on the inside.

- Kunal's sheer rage and anger at seeing the way Abhay was holding Siddhi and trying to force a drink in her hand. Last time Abhay touched her hand, Kunal didn't have the alcohol to drown his jealousy, at least this time he did. Kunal's dialogues in the last 3 episodes amused me so much, he said he will expose her, how she will get to see his hate, how manipulative she is etc. but just look at him, he says he doesn't love Siddhi, he doesn't care for her, then why so much agony when she is with someone else? Kunal knows he hasn't moved on in 9 years, yet he constantly denies that he loves Siddhi only because she hurt him back then. He TRIES, he tries so hard to PRETEND it doesn't matter but  it does, and he knows it too.

- The last scene was probably the best scene of the entire episode and it really went beyond the expectations I had from the promo. Abhay dancing with Siddhi, the proximity between them now much greater than what it was 2 minutes ago when Abhay was trying to give Siddhi a drink. The amount of heartache Kunal was going through watching them so close together was so evident on his face. He drank to drown that pain, but once he saw them, he could only think back to the time when Siddhi was with HIM and was HIS. I loved the way Kunal teared up, but oh what a stubborn soul he is, even then he tries to run away from his feelings, and says he has completely forgotten Siddhi, has thrown her out of his life, and it doesn't make a difference if she is with someone else, but it FREAKIN does, his mind races back to when Abhay was leading Siddhi away with his arm on her bare shoulder and her hand in his, I think that was the last straw for Kunal and the way he strides upto Abhay and Siddhi just cancels out all the hogwash he tries to make himself believe about not being bothered for who Siddhi is with.

Those last 2 minutes of the episode were to die for. Everything was just brilliant! The way Kunal pushes Abhay away and stares Siddhi down and then his "Siddhi ko koi haath nahi lagaega"...I really wanted  to whistle (LOL). He doesn't like anyone touching HIS Siddhi, she belongs with him and after all the denial and all the crap he has said to her, he finally accepts "Siddhi MERI hai, SIRF MERI". Finally! God, he finally relents. He started the episode of with "I have no rights on you" slogan and look at where Mr. Ego-in-total-denial ends up. 9 years later, Siddhi is still HIS and only he has the right to touch or hold her. "Bahut tadpa hoon mein tumhare liye" , that line and the way Kunal pulls Siddhi even closer, just showed how much he wants to hold her. It has been 9 years apart, the pain and agony Kunal has gone through and the fact that he missed Siddhi every single day was so well portrayed with the dialogues and the fabulous expressions on Kunal's face. That single tear that found its way down his face during the scene was to die her. Such a perfect portrayal of the flood of emotions Kunal is going through. Those dialogues on the pain he went through for 9 years was just showing Kunal's acceptance that he has been empty, lonely and sad without her. If only he knew what Siddhi herself has been through in these 9 years.

And this has to be my most favourite scene from the entire episode. The way Kunal moves his other arm around to hold onto Siddhi and the way Siddhi's hand moves up to hold him. 9 years...They have waited 9 years to be this close to each other, to just hold each other.

The best part here has to be the fact that Kunal is doing everything in front of the whole world with everyones eyes on them. He doesn't give a damn for who can or cannot see them, he can only see Siddhi and that intense drive in his heart to hold her because she is HIS. The lyrics of Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara went so perfectly well with the scene, "Kuch bhi nahi jab darmiyaan, Phir bhi kyun dil hai tere hee khwaab bunta, Chaha ki de tujhko bhula, Par yeh bhi mumkin ho na saka" ...So apt! They have no relationship now, but that longing, those memories are still there. Kunal tried to forget Siddhi, but he couldn't even do that.

I love the focus on Siddhi's eyes in this scene, because as much as Kunal shows his feelings immediately, Siddhi only hides hers but with her eyes filled with tears, it seemed she relented as well and received the wake up call that Kunal has gone through hell since she left him. She left him for his own good, but did that even help? He was miserable, empty and in so much pain...Is this the good Siddhi wanted for Kunal?

This last scene lasted ONLY 2 minutes but it had some of the best dialogues, the best expressions, the best camera work and the best music. The scene was beautifully written so hats off to the creatives, it went so much beyond the promo. The intensity of the emotions was really very good. Samir was exceptionally good in the scene. His every expression was spot on and the intensity in his dialogue delivery was brilliant. Keerti did a fairly good job too. Well done to both of them for doing such a fantastic job with the scene. I really don't care if it turns out to be anyone's dream, because it captured the essence of Kunal and Siddhi so bloody well. Watching last nights episode I only came to realize that I don't care to watch anyone but these two, the Chopras, the Diwans, the Thakrals, even the kids, don't matter to me, as long as the Kunal Siddhi scenes remain this awesome, and Samir & Keerti continue to portray them with the same conviction, I will continue to watch this show.

This has turned out to be an exceptionally long post so I apologize but I genuinely loved last nights episode. After so much abuse, I guess the creatives deserve some credit so good on them and everyone else who did a great job in translating the scene from paper to screen... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Edited by DeepShadow - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silambu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thank for such a beautiful post. I loved it. There's nothing left to say for me except I agree with everything you said.

For once, the CVs did an excellent job. Before I saw your post, I kept playing the last scene. The way the camera was moving around them , the music , the way he held her so possessively, it was just brilliant. Both Sameer and Keerti did very well . It was perr fect!
Edited by Silambu - 11 years ago
Sinal_Devakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post deepshadow. U left no stone unturned. Every word every sentence was perfect!!! I agree with each every word u wrote. U said everything in ur post regarding r lovely SINAL scenes.
Like to appreciate cvs for the last 5mints scene. They show craps but they also show these scenes which force us to remain hook to parichay. Both SS and KN did a fab work. Wonder if they were not the part of parichay what would happen to parichay so kudoos to SS and KN for their excellent work. Keerti and Samir sir ur chemistry is awesome out of the world. U hv given life to r SINAL and hv set r tv screens on fire with ur mindblowing chemistry. Love SINAL to core. SINAL ROCKS!!!
Like to thank EKTA for giving us one of the best on screen jodi of Indian television industry i.e SINAL.Edited by sinal-saami - 11 years ago
Rajash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow!! what a lovely post DeepShadow,I simply loved each n every word of it.It is as perfect as Sinal yesterday. m sure each one of us will agree with u..that as long as Sinal will continue being so stunning no matter what we will be hooked them or i feel even after that just for KN and SS.
-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
DeepShadow.. you have written wonderfully about why yesterday's episode was worth it!! 

Agree with all you said and I feel the same.. Yesterday my memory was refreshed as to why I fell in love with Kunal-Siddhi jodi in the first place!! Superb acting by Samir and Keerthi and thank you CVs for bringing back the essence of Sinal! SS is a great actor and we would love it if you used his potential rather than waste it!!

The camera work and mainly BG music was amazing and helped bring back the magic!! I am once again addicted to Sinal now and I will watch it just for these two idiots and no one else!!
rima31 thumbnail
beautiful analysis Deep Shadow ๐Ÿ‘

U left nothing for any one to write i just wish this one episode will take every one Back to the Show 
who stopped watching it ... as the whole cast and crew of Parichay deserve better Ratings and i want every one addicted to this thing called TV should know ... its just not about TRps ...
want every one talk about Parichay and about the effort these people are putting up ...๐Ÿ‘ for a magnificent episode ... not just this one ... almost every episode post leap has something praise worthy ... i dont want BAd numbers to ruin our beloved show like the other one going off air on the same Channel 

Keep it Up Parichay !!!!
 Way to go Samir โญ๏ธ

eshi.nl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
awesome analysis๐Ÿ‘.just loved the way SS and KN portrayed last scene๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.i also liked every sinal scene in yesterday episode and liked the bg whn it started after kunal's dialouge "siddhi sirf meri hai ,sirf meri". and liked how kunal locked her in his arms so that she can't push him away๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
StrangeStories thumbnail
Thanks for your comments everyone :). I'm glad so many people share the same outlook as me. Samir and Keerti really deserve the appreciation because it seems that they do put in a lot of work for this show ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@rima31: I also hope the TRPs of this show remain on the higher side. Not only for the sake of the show staying on air, but also because that is the ONLY thing the makers and channel strive for. Hope they get what they want and hope the audience also continues to get what they want.
sarah_singh thumbnail
Agree with every word great post---Excellent episode - Keerti & sameer were perfection at its best yesterday.  They are not only the best jodi but certainly the most talented, who have an amazing screen presence &  are perfect together.
vipraja26 thumbnail
 great post  deepshadow!  excellent episode with excellent portreyal by sameer and keerti. hats off to both. and abig thankyou to the cvs.