Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Mimoha

Mimoha

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Hello Everyone

Did not see a written update of yesterday's episode. Giving you one. 

Disclaimer - I have made all effort to keep the key dates and facts accurate. I might have erred in noting them though.

Mimoha

25 June, 2007

Ajay Raina gets admission in College of Medical Science, Shimla. His parents, Sushila Raina and Radha Raina, send him to study with great hopes for his future. After three months, one night they receive a call from him. He tells his father that he wants to return home as he is unable to bear it anymore. His father asks him for more details but the phone gets disconnected. Parents decide to visit him in Shimla. Two days after the call, when they are packing their bags to leave, they get a call informing them that Ajay has died. They rush to Shimla and breakdown on seeing his body. Ajay has dressing covering his head and ears. Sushil Raina meets the Principal of the college to find out the cause of Ajay's death and is informed that Ajay might have either taken up drinking or got addicted to drugs. He meets the Hostel Warden who also informs him the same. He tries to meet Ajay's roommate Rahim but Warden makes excuses. He tries to ask other students about Rahim but everybody avoids him. He visits Jeevan Jyoti Hospital where Ajay had taken his treatment from before he died. A ward boy of the hospital informs that Ajay was in bad condition when he came to the hospital. He was unable to sit or walk properly and had blood coming out from his left ear. He was not able to hear properly. Dr. Chandra had examined him, done the dressing and prescribed some medicines. Sushil Raina meets Rahim in the hospital but Rahim refuses to talk to him. Later in the evening Rahim comes to meet Sushil Raina and tells him the physical and mental torture that their seniors had subjected them to in the name of ragging for close to three months. On the day before he died, a senior had asked Ajay to do his assignment which he had refused after which the senior had beaten him up. He also shares that Principal and Warden had threatened them not to reveal the circumstances under which Ajay died to save the reputation of the college. 

Police calls Sushil Raina to show him the post mortem report which confirms drugs as the cause of Ajay's death. Police asks him to take Ajay's body but he refuses to. Sushil Raina visits Ajay's hostel room to take his belongings. He finds a diary in which Ajay has written a few words about the daily torture he underwent. He also finds a letter written by Ajay to Police about ragging menace in the hostel seeking their help. Armed with the letter, Sushil Raina goes to Police and says that he will not leave till he gets justice for his son. Rahim agrees to tell the truth. A press conference is organised in which Sushil Raina shows Ajay's letter to press and Rahim tells the truth. Police is forced to arrest the seniors who ragged Ajay. Other batchmates of Ajay also announce that they will testify against their seniors. Parents of the seniors who are arrested get bail from Shimla Court. Sushil Raina approaches Supreme Court. Supreme Court puts the case on fast track. It also sends a show cause notice to the Principal of the college asking why steps were not taken to control ragging. He and the Warden are subsequently suspended. Accused are sentenced to four years prison. Sushil Raina does not appeal for longer sentence although it is widely felt that the punishment is inadequate for the heinous crime.

Sushil Raina sets up Ajay Raina Trust and starts campaigning in all the states for law against ragging. In 2009 an Anti Ragging Act is passed making ragging a non-bailable criminal offence. UGC sets up an anti-ragging cell in its Higher Education Department with Sushil Raina at its helm. Sushil Raina shares that the cell received 195 complaints in 2010, 161 in 2011 and 45 in 2012. He says his aim is bring down the number of complaints to zero. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

skapu80pharaoh1aalsilarcmamtasasmkeswatiyeolekulchitralidvinbusybee..Mehek25

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Written Update - 12th September" in Savdhaan India @11 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

busybee..

IF-Dazzler

busybee..

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Thank u so much for WU Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pharaoh1mamtasasmkeswatiyeoleMimoha

smke

Groupbie

smke

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
THANKS MIMOHA...RAGGING- A FUN EVENT STARTED ONCE UPON A TIME HAS TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE , THE ATROCITIES DONE IN THE NAME OF RAGGING IS PATHETIC, TORTURES INCLUDE  MENTAL HARRASMENT TO PHYSICAL ABUSE, MANY CASES LEADING THE VICTIM TO INSANITY OR DEATH BY THE ABUSERS...HAVE EVEN HEARD OF TORTURES DONE BY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENTS LIKE A HOT IRON...WELL DONE SAVDHAAN INDIA FOR BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC, RAGGING IS NOW NOT LIMITED WITHIN THE CAMPUS OR HOSTEL PREMISES, IT IS DONE ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE.
SUSHANTH KEEP IT UP...

Edited by smke - 14 September 2012 at 12:14pm

pharaoh1mamtasaswatiyeoleMimohabusybee..

Mimoha

Mimoha

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

It was a very moving human story of young dreams, aspirations and parents' hopes for their child's future that got crushed by ragging menace. I am glad they shared this story for ragging is an issue that resonates with a lot of students and their families. Appalling and inexcusable attempt to cover up a crime by the college authorities. Determined and inspiring fight back. I am amazed at how the boy's father channelized his grief and made it his mission to fight back against the ragging menace across the country. To an amateur eye, a well made episode. Looks like there is an improvement in the balance between hosting and drama in the last two episodes. I welcome it for two reasons a) it gives us an opportunity to see MB more b) it makes the execution sharper. The episode was very informative too. I am sure not many knew that there is something called an Anti Ragging Helpline. I was happy to see that helpline number shared across the screen. 

A word of praise for Sushant Singh and the actor who played Sushil Raina. Both were very good.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pharaoh1mamtasasmkeswatiyeolekulchitrabusybee..

pharaoh1

pharaoh1

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Mimoha]

It was a very moving human story of young dreams, aspirations and parents' hopes for their child's future that got crushed by ragging menace. I am glad they shared this story for ragging is an issue that resonates with a lot of students and their families.Appalling and inexcusable attempt to cover up a crime by the college authorities. Determined and inspiring fight back. I am amazed at how the boy's father channelized his grief and made it his mission to fight back against the ragging menace across the country. To an amateur eye, a well made episode. Looks like there is an improvement in the balance between hosting and drama in the last two episodes. I welcome it for two reasons a) it gives us an opportunity to see MB more b) it makes the execution sharper. The episode was very informative too. I am sure not many knew that there is something called an Anti Ragging Helpline. I was happy to see that helpline number shared across the screen. 

A word of praise for Sushant Singh and the actor who played Sushil Raina. Both were very good.

Thanks for this update Mimsy di...i'll sum up with these highlighted points...it was really moving story...glad that they raised the issue. 

Edited by pharaoh1 - 13 September 2012 at 1:44pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

swatiyeoleMimohakulchitrabusybee..

kulchitra

Goldie

kulchitra

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
MiMoha  - Thank you for the written update.

pharaoh1smkeswatiyeoleMimohabusybee..

Mehek25

IF-Rockerz

Mehek25

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Thanx for the wonderful WU Mimoha
Ragging is truly becoming a curse for our young generation.
Serious action needs to be taken to stop this.

pharaoh1smkeswatiyeoleMimohabusybee..

swatiyeole

Groupbie

swatiyeole

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Mimoha, Thanks for ur updates.. I am so touched by this Ajay Raina story.. All SI episodes after MB entry which I saw were painful but this one is extreme painful ..  In Soha and Umadevi cases  , felt very bad but atleast they fought themselves with their well wishers and got justice  and ther are alive  but this Ajay poor fellow lost his life ..Salute to his father who not only fights for him but also for other student , rather ie aim of his life to do agitation against ragging. ...Thanks a lot Mi Moha for ur beautiful detail update...SmileSmileSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pharaoh1smkebusybee..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.