Punar Vivah

The Confrontation- Divorce?(A Kittya_CullenOS)1/3

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
This is what I imagine things are like. Luckily, I'm not a CvπŸ˜†πŸ˜†:

THE CONFRONTATION: DIVORCE?

Aarti looked at herself in the mirror, sorrowful eyes reflecting back at her. She looked on, lost in their reddened, dark depths. She could not believe that her life had fallen to pieces all over again. Pregnant...for Yash ji. She wanted to be happy. She wanted to be wrapped in his arms, bursting with joy at the ecstatic look on his face. Instead, it was just like before. Another angry pati, another love pushing her away. She felt her heart rip to bits for the thousandth time.
The image of Prashant's angry, uncaring face superimposed itself over the memory of Yash shouting at her. She could hear their voices in her head. She could see their eyes, surrounded by their scrunched up faces screaming words of disgust.

"Leave me alone!!"
"Child?! What child?! That bas***d?!! I don't want either it, nor you! Let go of me!!"

"You are NOT my wife!! "
I don't want to see your face!!
"I HATE you!!"
"I love ONLY Arpita ji!!!"
"How could you do this, this maan ka paap!?"

She wrapped her arms around herself, fingers caressing her stomach. How in God's name was she supposed to do this again? Tell another man that she loved that his child lay in her womb, waiting for that look of horror to cross his face. Worse, she could barely remember how this even happened! If she couldn't remember, would she have to face his suspicions? Would he think that the video Aman had taken was part of some sinister plot to trap him? She couldn't handle the noise in her head anymore! She had to face this once and for all, and no matter what, she would love her child as much as she loved her daughters and son.

Her silent footsteps trailed through the darkened house. She opened door, and stepped out, not even stopping to wear her chappals. With each step she took, she placed another wall of insulation around herself, and the feelings choking her from the inside. Her eyes never left the road, gazing only at the stones, and holes that reminded her of the damage that had invaded another marriage.

She wearily climbed the steps of the Scindia mansion, hearing her own vow to Ganpati baba echoing in her ears. She waded throught the murk of her thoughts, slowly approaching the door of the room she had shared with Yash ji. She paused for a second, heart rapidly thumping in her chest, breath caught in her throat. Gathering the tattered shreds of her will-power, she stepped into their room.

There he was. Looking out through the open verandah doors. He stood arms folded firmly against his chest. Feet planted solidly.

"What are you doing here, Aarti ji?"

She looked up, shocked that he had known it was her.

"Woh, main... I need to speak with you Yash ji."

"What part of I do NOT want to see your face don't you understand? And where are my children? Bring them back to this house now!!"

Her eyes welled with tears again. It felt that since she had set foot in this house, a faucet had been turned on behind them. Her fingers clenched themselves into fists. This had to be done. This needed to be faced.

"For once, just listen Yash ji. Please? I swear, I had no idea what dhoka I did to you. What maan ka paap you spoke of, but I need to tell you something. I... I'm not a widow. Woh, main...main divorcee hain."

Yash spun around from his position. He looked straight at her. His fury returned to his face. He had sworn that he had no right to punish her, but this? Another deception? How could she?
"Divorcee??!!! I...What the hell are you talking about? Don't tell me this is another one of your plans to seduce me? First you tried to take advantage of Palak's birthday, I overlooked that. Then you packed us off to Mumbai, playing me like a puppet!! Yash ji...do this! Yash ji, I have gum in my hair!! Yash ji, you can't win the dahi handi! Yash ji, I love you! I overlooked all of these! But, how could you?! How could you make me drink that bhaang, and consummate our marriage?!!! You know how much I love Arpita ji! We agreed that this marriage was for our children!!! Yet, you and Aman worked your wicked little games, and destroyed the trust I had in you! I trusted you Aarti ji!! I trusted you!! And you stepped on it! Squishing it like some hapless caterpillar. I hate you!!"

Her heart burned, shattered, and crashed within her chest. She found it hard to breathe. She could feel the pain engulfing her from all sides. But their was something new to this pain, a bitter edge. A sour taste of anger, and indignation. How dare he do this to her? How dare he insult her like this?

"Chup!! Baas Yash ji!! I can't take this anymore!!! What have I ever done to you? That is why you were angry? That's why? I cannot believe you!! I...you... you...I...uuuggh!!!"
Her fury began to overtake her pain, or maybe it was fueled by the pain? She could no longer control herself. Before she knew it, her hands were wrapped around his shirt, shaking him furiously.

" I love you!! I gave myself to you!! I was intoxicated for God's sake!!! How could I have seduced you? What am I? A flipping magician? Who would ever think that I could seduce you out of your Arpita jaap?!! Wake up you idiot!! You were just as much at fault as I am! You make it sound as if I raped you! Yash ji, how could you even go there?!! You know what?! If you had been angry, about the divorce jhoot, I could have taken it. I would have grovelled at your feet! I would have begged for your forgiveness! I would have confessed everything even though it would have risked the future of our child! But this?! This?!! My God!! You even put my dignity, my honour, my loyalty in question!!! In front of your entire family!! Then you walked in cool as a bloody cucumber, "I could never have such cheap thoughts about Aarti ji." My God!! Atleast if this had been my fault, if this had been about that devil Prashant, I would have gladly faced your anger! But this?!!!You are no better than that jerk who left me! Perverting my actions to make yourself feel better!"

Yash grasped her wrists firmly. His mind was reeling. What had she just said? So, wait, she was a divorcee? My God! He had hoped that it was a lie. He had secretly wished that his rage had been nothing. Before he could process his thoughts. He felt her yank her wrists out of his grasp. His thoughts spun crazily as he watched her fiercely flashing eyes. Her chest moving rapidly from her outburst. A few strands of her beautiful hair whisped around her sweaty face, distracting him.What the hell was he doing? Focus Yash! He stepped toward her, riling himself up for a heated outburst of his own. Instead his heart plummetted to his feet, as he rushed to catch her fainting figure.

"Pregnant? What? My God! Bhaang, and Jai Jai Shiv Shankar can do all this? Damn it Yash!"
His tortured thoughts rushed behind his eyes, as he looked at her silent, closed face. She had refused to speak to him, and was gathering herself together to leave the mansion. He could see the agony hidden behind her eyes, but his ego would not allow him to say those words. Besides, she had lied to him, why did he need to apologise? What had he done wrong? Nonsense! But, how could he watch her leave? His eyes grew wide with frantic activity as he saw her walk away from him. Her bare feet moved soundlessly toward the front door of the mansion. His family members, awakened by the frenzied calls for the doctor, watched him in shock. Disappointment written across their faces. He knew that they didn't know about the divorce, so there was still hope. He ran behind her, heedless of the eyes glued to his back. He caught her by the wrist, falling to his knees. His eyes looked up at her, pleading for her to understand what he refused to say. Could she not see that being on his knees was hard enough as it was? How was he supposed to force those words past his throat?

"Aarti ji, wait! Please? Just let me..."

"Let go of my hand Yash ji. Leave me alone. Remember, main aapka patni nahin, hain, naa?" she said bitterly. "Just let go of me. I can't go through this again. Better yet, I'll make your words legal. I want a divorce Yash ji. I want to step out of your life forever."

Sorry I was bored you guys, and I'm scared of what might happen during the confrontation, so getting it out my system.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
A heart wrenchingly beautiful piece, Kadeen!  It hurts me terribly to see Aarti in so much pain! The news of the baby which should have brought her uninhibited joy and happiness has instead once again brought her to brink of losing another love, of facing another failed marriage, and I can't even imagine the kind of emotional damage that must be doing to her!

And yet this girl keeps going, she still maintains the smile of her face for the sake of her kids and is constantly giving them hope that everything will be okay when she herself has been backed in a pitch dark corner, unable to see a way out of the predicament she is in!

I really can't wait for her confrontation with Yash because if the whole reason for his anger does turn out to be just the consummation, then she needs to give it to him like you wrote it here! There is absolutely nothing more hurtful than to be rejected by someone you love after you have completely given yourself to them and Yash needs to realize that! I don't know what exactly he is blaming her for, but the truth is that she was just as wasted at him, and this was consensual from both sides, so he has absolutely no right to blame Aarti for what happened just because he wasn't able to control himself and suppress his feelings! He has made her feel like his culprit ever since they came back from Mumbai and his behavior towards her has been nothing short of disgusting, and if them spending the night together is the reason behind this, then Yash really, really, really needs to be put in place about it! Because no matter how much he brings the Arpita factor into this, the fact remains that Arpita no longer equates in his life as anything other than a memory! This was completely about Yash and Aarti, there was no third part intervention here because Arpita does not have that place in Yash's life anymore! So Yash is just hiding behind that excuse because he is terrified of what will happen if his true feeling for Aarti come forth! He is terrible with adapting to changes and this is something that will turn his upside down, so he is doing whatever he can to run away from it!

I kind of wish you had given it a little bit of a positive ending since you have posted it as an OS, but that's just the die hard romantic in me speaking!
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
@Maham: I'm thinking about it, after all I'm a romantic at heart. It's just that right now, I really want to hit Yash over the head with a broomstick, and he hasn't had the chance to grovel yetπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ksfan2 thumbnail
love ur os.will there be next part??
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rasheedha

love ur os.will there be next part??

I'm considering it😳
gcluv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
superb os
it really shows the POV of arati
do write many more
taahir004 thumbnail
WOW Just WOW , its an amazing piece , as I read your OS I imagined the scenes
jojo1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
LOVED LOVED GREAT OS
you know you made my day because of your os, a get my revenge of  Yash character,because i started to hate this character😑 it was great at the beginning but now they killed it😭
jojo1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
and plz plz continue with happy ending plzπŸ˜ƒ
luv_lvndr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful OS,although it implies sadness, pain felt Aarti...
plez cont soon...
eagerly waiting for cont...πŸ˜‰