Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -bornalee-

i really hope TBP remain unique as its nw n show us d real teenage life bt tat dsnt meant k dy hv 2 show us kissing scene n all,arrey its nt necessery k evry realtnshp mein u hv to kiss ur partner,;-):-D:-D

lolz, I kinda dont buy that.in every relationship, specially between youngsters, a kiss plays a really important part.you talk about a couple of a long time and the question that is most frequently asked, "how was your first kiss? " these movies, books, shows ne hamara dimag aisa kharab kiya hai ke first kiss has become as important for a person as having a good academic record.
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: paras22

if my opinion counts i disagree.
hugging, and holding hands is fine. but as far as kissing and sex is concerned it should be implicit not explicit. indian society should modernize rather than westernize. even if westernization is inevitable it should be incorporated slowly not too rapidly.

problem with indian soaps is not that they are bad but they are poorly directed and drag too long. if all the soaps get converted into season format they will rather be more watchable.

those who are residing in india,just look across the border. there shows are done in seasons format and yet they are popular because they are properly researched and directed and yet they are neither western nor hardline islamic in content.

of course your opinion counts! :D

I really dont get the difference between modernize and westernize. aren't they the same? and if slow incorporating of western norms is done, how slow should it be?

I dont think that indian tv can ever be like the western one but it could be possible that they portray it with some desi tarka. intimacy in any couple is as normal as breathing. there is a reason people want to watch the couple romancing because they know it happens in real life. the elder tv audeince is happy with the almost kisses etc because they provide them the necessary entertainment while.not particularly harming their moral grounds. but the youth has moved on. their exposure to world is just too.big! and this has brought impatience and restlessness to their nature. they dont have time to watch long eyelocks, life is too fast for that. and since tbp is a youth show, I am guessing the target audience is like that.

honestly, very few shows from across the border are 100 percent well written. many are copying the indian soaps and other make you wanna roll your eyes . very few make an impact. and you can be sure of this because I do live across the border from india :p
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..first.rain..

First time, glad to be 16 πŸ˜† 15+ DOTW πŸ˜›

Res for now.. gotta rush. Will come back to this and read and reply long for sure πŸ˜ƒ

the week is almost over :p when will you come anyway?!
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: DamonCrazy_D3

To begin with,I think this is an awesome topic for dicussion Mais.

</div>

<div>

A few days ago there was an interview article of the actress who had performed an actual liplock on screen a few days back.I read the comments on the article.There were a lot of people who were actually quite cool with it.There were also a whole lot of other people who were cursing the CVs for-"Trying to copy the vulgar Western culture for TRPs","Unculturing TV too after Bollywood and Hollywood" and so on.I personally felt there was no vulgarism or unculuring.What is so wrong with physical intimacy?Do people not have it in real life?TV shows can show a 100 unrealistic things in a lovestory,such as LLHHs,trip catch scenes and so on and people would rather prefer to see THAT.

I think the TBP CVs should go ahead on this idea.I would much rather see realism in the love tracks in TBP rather than the typical copy-pasted scenes.There is absolutely nothong wrong in incorporating a bit of the Western TV culture in our shows,since it is far superior to ours.I wouldrather TBP showslovethrough realistic,and if needed be physical, waysrather than a whole lot of unnecessary drama,getting lost in the jungle or almost kisses.Of course,they should be well placed and not shoved in and made a hullabalu of.It should be natural like in Western shows.

Or MJHT for that matter.The CVs DID show well placedphysical intimacy scenes in that show.Though I admit it was dramatised a bit in excess, but oh well.If it was there,it could be here too😊

thank you!

I saw that scene and honestly, there was nothing vulgar about it. I personally thought it was shot nicely. and the kiss wasn't embarrassing either. it was just a one second thingy. its like I said above, the elder audeince is happy watching the endless eyelocks and trip catches scenes because they provide them safe intimacy and entertainment despite being unrealistic.but once reality kicks in I.e kissing or sex, they earth starts to.shatter because it is against their morals. they are living in a bubble world that if they protest against the showing of such scenes on tv, the young ones wont be influenced. hark! nonsense.

I do want the cvs to go ahead as well but that would.mean a change from the usual norms and change is not.accepted easily. it takes time but the authorities aren't ready to risk it. the audience is dieing for change but no one is providing it because hey, it wont garner more trps on less time the way the ghisa pitta tracks do. unless that thinking changes and risk is taken, we will not get a trend setting youth show like remix or hip hop hurray.

i didnt watch mjht regularly but yeah it did have some intimate scenes. they were a bit awkward for me because of their over dramatization. hayyee...cant we get some simple realistic intimate romance...ever? :(