Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Alia- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Mais

Okay, I've been away from this topic for a long time! Will get to indivdiual replies later but first my two cents on Alia's argument.

Well it's true that young people also watch TBP but I don't think they are too innocent for it. I am talking about the general majority. Innocence is something that is missing in today's generation. And regarding your actors having problems in future regarding what they do onscreen, well I am pretty sure that off-screen yehi hota hai. If you want realistic love stories then they will include kisses and probably sex because..well..ab wo zamana nahin raha jab love was strong with miles between the couple.

Agreed on the Indian culture part. I'm not Indian but I value the culture anyway. Not everyone would be accepting to it readily but once again, if the movies can do it then why not the shows?

I am kinda on Scarlet's side in this argument, though not all. Because I won't comment on Bharti's future husband :P But it is true that not everyone gets the double meaning jokes. I showed my classmate a few clips and she was silent for a few minutes before I made them understand the jokes (I'm a legal adult in my country :P)

Khair, this was my point anyway! This is quite an interesting debate and I am happy that the signs are showing of a debate :D

Majority says that many kids are not so innocent.

If i act in a show and a boy kisses me, it will effect my respect in my family. I'll gain money and all but i'll lose my respect. Boys get jealous fast.

If movies can do why not shows, movies get banned because of this sex scenes.

I am a Muslim and i am not allowed to do stuffs like this.

"ab wo zamana nahin raha jab love was strong with miles between the couple." isliyein toh innocence nahi hai ab ki generations me.

And as for having sex, i am fully against it, even in real life and on screen life.

-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xKishaxForevahx

[BR][BR][BR]Majority says that many kids are not so innocent. [BR][BR]If i act in a show and a boy kisses me, it will effect my respect in my family. I'll gain money and all but i'll lose my respect. Boys get jealous fast. [BR][BR]If movies can do why not shows, movies get banned because of this sex scenes. [BR][BR]I am a Muslim and i am not allowed to do stuffs like this. [BR][BR]"ab wo zamana nahin raha jab love was strong with miles between the couple." isliyein toh innocence nahi hai ab ki generations me. [BR][BR]And as for having sex, i am fully against it, even in real life and on screen life. [BR][BR][BR][BR]

[BR]I guess its the environment that we have both grown up. I am an hindu and have attended catholic school. My parents have had a love marriage. My parents allow me to wear skirts, talk to boys etc etc. I really dont know whats against my culture! Lol.If i act in a show and kiss someone, nobodyz gonna make a fuss about it et all because they will know it was just a part of my job. It was acting.Edited by missscarlet - 11 years ago
-Stardust- thumbnail
Originally posted by: xKishaxForevahx

Wow, she is innocent i guess.

Kissing does leads to sex. If u can kiss her then whats the problem in having sex, is what they think.

Thats what, Indians have shallow and narrow minded thinking.

I am 17 and i never ever had a relationship. Even i am a teenager, i don't date. Okay, i am not against dating, but if u kiss, let it be private. In india if u kiss outside its PDA! >.>
I prefer Sex after marriage. If the protection breaks, then its a problem. You're a teenager and u're caring a baby, people will obviously stare and point fingers at you! Parents kicking u out of the house, the father not accepting and stuff like that.. So better is not to have sex.

If we are doing in real life why cant we do it in shows. My cousin (The above wala) watches the show, what if she sees her role model Kiya having sex then she'll think, why can't i try. And that try can be a huge problem for her.

And if we restrict the shows like this? They'll find a way to watch it. Either by tv or computer. I watch on computer, cause i can't watch with my parents such shows.

Kissing in india is not pda! Come on u see tons of these lost in love people all over garderns eating each other's faces lol as far as influenceing young minds goes. I think humans have a tendency to be attracted to the forbidden. If u show almost kisses and all that crap it will make them more curious to see what actually happens.
-bornalee- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i sumwat support xkishaxforever(u r alliya rite,nt sure,sorry) tbp is nt meant for nly 16+ teenagers,my cousins too watch dis show n lyk alliya's cousin dy dnt get those dbl meanin jokes,evn if i wer nt a 19 yr old,n sum 11-12 thn i might nt get dm too,here in india kissing n sex are still sum sacred thngs,nt meant for teenagers(evn our parents dnt allow us to wtch such thngs) yeah i agree nw a days dis new gen is too smart n dsnt bother mch abt culture,bt stl kissin n sex meant abig issue for
-bornalee- thumbnail
(m typing frm cell so dyrnt allowing me typin more thn 470 wrmds :-/) cont-most of us,it may b a simple thing in western country bt not in india,our culture dsnt allow us to hv sex be4 marriage n i blv in dis,n same goes for kissing too,actually if u r nt an indian u cnt undrstnd wat our culture teaches us,n abt bharti's husband m nt gonna cmnt it lol,bt yeah it will b embrassing for bharti n fahad to do dis,i dnt knw if u r aknowledged abt it or nt bt in madhubala,rk n madhu supposed to hv a kiss
Edited by -bornalee- - 11 years ago
-bornalee- thumbnail
cont-bt d actors wer nt cmfrtable,so there ws nt ny liplock,we indians r lyk dis nly,we jst cnt do n watch dis thngspublicly(here m nt talkng abt d bollywood,some oe d actors hv gone too far tat for dm hollywood is nthng n those flim whch hv such scenes get banned in diff parts of india) n abt d all unrealistic thng dy show us nn tv,thn yeah i hate dm too,bt indian soaps r meant for speacially indian viewers(speacially housewives)n dey love ds kind f unrealistic thng,
-Stardust- thumbnail
I dont think any mature man with brains is seriously going to care that she kissed him. Its acting! Edited by missscarlet - 11 years ago
-bornalee- thumbnail
cont-aftrall its a fiction n ppl wtch dis jst to dstrct hm/herself frm dis real world, nywy i also think seasonal cncpt is btr thn these long boring soaps,bt one hs to accpt tat evry indian show strts wid a bang,bt aftr a yr or so d cvs make dm unbearable,bt for we d teenagers nly,if u askd an aged lady she wudnt hv ny complaint against it,its jst we wnt to see sum realistic touch in d shows,
-bornalee- thumbnail
i really hope TBP remain unique as its nw n show us d real teenage life bt tat dsnt meant k dy hv 2 show us kissing scene n all,arrey its nt necessery k evry realtnshp mein u hv to kiss ur partner,;-):-D:-D
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
okay! wow! this is getting heated :D

alia, even I am a muslim but I dont have problems regarding what is being shown on screen. I am not talking about real life and frankly, ye sab ab real.life mein bhi hota hai. even my upbringing has been done in a pretty strict manner and I am happy with that. but its just you and me. we are talking generally. as being muslims we are not allowed to talk to boys but india, there is no such rule as that. interaction with the opposite sex may not always lead to sexual attraction but mostly, it does. having sex is a basic neccesity for a human being and teenage is something that is considered the most dangerous part of the life because it takes one moment to waver away.

I personally belied that one should have their own set of mind. in western countries, young adults are given sex education classes to make them aware. here it isn't being done so. unaware of the consequences and charged by the hormones a teenager does up ending up having sex without protection and that leads to the problems that you pointing out I.e. teenage pragnancy etc. the fault lies with adults here not the teenagers. if they has taught their children in young age then ye naubat hi nahin satisfied! dont you think in this case shows do end up doing the job of parents?

by showing cases as young people having sex and the bad consequences they face, aren't they just making the youth aware? rather than influencing them? we have to give then some credits.

and I dont believe that any relationship is without physical Intimacy. lets take rahi for example, they are not a couple but look at the way they treat each other. there is constant physical contact. I cannot fathom that after being in a relationship they would stay away from each other. similar case for kisha.

youngsters do go through many changes and the need of intimacy is toughest to face. some satisfy themselves by cheesy lovestories and online po*n while others resort to experiencing it first hand. goodbor bad,it is true.

forbidden or sacred, ut is a growing fact that the youngsters are too much influenced by west. this is a youth show so plot is kinda safe to say that not many housewives must be watching it but look at the other shows. the cvs are dieing to show something mire but they are bounded. how can one bw comfortable in watching almost kisses and extremely close scenes but cringe at the sight of liplock? I dont get it...scarlet is right, doesn't this arise some curiousity t ke what happens next?

imo, if.one wants to see some realistic romance then one has to be open to kissing and sex. I have never said that sex should be open like in the western shows but implying it ia not completely wrong. kissing is another thing as it can be aesthetically shot.