*Hongey Judaa Na Hum Article Archives*No Comments - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago

I can go on my knees and propose to person I love: Aamna Sharif

Aamna Sharif is back in Indian television with Sony's Honge Juda Na Hum. The actress is back after four years and feels it's a new start for her. She will be seen opposite Raqesh Vashisth. The show is touted to be filled with romance and never seen madness for love.

Commenting on the show, Aamna says, "The people will love this show. Apart from being a love story, the chemistry between Muskaan and Rohan (Aamna and Raqesh) will be a big USP of the show."

Romance is the core of the show, when asked how romantic is she in real life, Aamna spills the beans, "I;m a very romantic person at heart. I can do anything for a person whom I love. I can go on the extent of going on my knees and proposing him."

Today leaps are a prominent part of Indian daily soaps and actress are expected to play mothers of young boys and girls. But Aamna doesn't believe in it. She says, "There is still a lot of time in the show to take a leap. But in future I would never want to play a mother, even if the script demands."

Talking about her four years gap, Aamna said, "I missed shooting everyday. Here the outcome comes in a week or so but for films we have to wait for months. Films are more relaxed." She concludes, "I don't regret my decision of opting for films and now coming back in television."

Writer of All The Best produces Sony's Hongey Judaa Na Hum

Paritosh Painter, who has done various successful plays in English and Hindi and also written superhit movies like Dhamaal, All the Best, Subash Ghai's Paying Guest is producing the new show on Sony Entertainment Television – Hongey Judaa Na Hum. Along with Ravi Adhikari of Sri Adhikari Brothers. The show brings back Amana Shariff to the small screen again. Amana Shariff is paired opposite Raqesh Vashith of Maryadaa fame.  

Sony has just released the promos and teasers and it has got a very positive feedback from the industry. The promo was shot by DOP Kiran Deohans, whose latest movie was Agneepath. According to the industry sources, the channel and the producers are leaving no stone unturned for this show. Atul Tiwari, who has written films like Bose and Kamal Haasan's latest film Viswaswaroopam has been roped as the Creative Consultant on the show.

One of Sony's most ambitious project Hongey Judaa Na Hum. Sets to the tune of Rs five crore are being put up in Naigaon. It is also heard that Sony has paid Venus Rs forty five lakhs to acquire the rights of the song 'Wada Raha Sanam, Hongey Judaa Na Hum" from their film Khiladi.

Raqesh Vashisth was not keen to do 'Heroine'

Popular TV actor Raqesh Vashisth, who will be seen alongside Kareena Kapoor in Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Heroine', was earlier skeptical of doing the film as the role did not excite him much

Raqesh Vashisth with wife Ridhi Dogra at his birthday bash

"It was Madhur and his team who got in touch with me, I met him, he gave me the narration. I did not find it interesting as it was a small role. I was doubtful if I wanted to the film or not. Later Madhur insisted for one more narration. I heard it but I was again dicey about doing the film," Raqesh told in an interview.

"Madhur asked me do the film and said, 'If something goes wrong you come and catch my collar'. I was like, if he is giving a guarantee then why not do it. I am happy doing the film," he said. In 'Heroine', Raqesh will be seen playing the role of a superstar.

"I play play Sameer Khan, a superstar paired opposite Kareena where she is the heroine and our film becomes a super hit. We have quite a few scenes and dialogues."

"It is about how this journey of a heroine from one hero to the other happens," he said. Raqesh is full of praise for Kareena and Bhandarkar.

"She is amazing to work with. I remember we had a scene in a coffee shop, we were rehearsing and she was doing the scene in a way as if she was facing the camera. Even for rehearsals she did the right kind of emotions, tears in her eyes. She did not leave her performance level," Raqesh said.

"It was a great thing that she was around for rehearsals. She is fabulous. Madhur is a fantastic director and I love the kind of movies he makes," he said. 

Releasing September 21, the film also stars Arjun Rampal, Randeep Hooda, Shahana Goswani, Divya Dutta and others. Raqesh made his film acting debut with Anubhav Sinha's 2001 movie 'Tum Bin'. But thereafter his Bollywood career did not really take off.

"I think I was too naive. I was too young to get into the profession of acting. I was 21 when I did 'Tum Bin'. When you are a newcomer you are bound by a contract and you cannot sign anything what you want to... you have to wait and watch," Raqesh said.

"When the contract was over, I had to choose from whatever was at my disposal. I made wrong decisions as there was nobody to guide me. I did not have much idea what was a hit and a flop. I went with the flow," he said. There have been offers from Bollywood, but Raqesh is not keen to make a career in the film industry.

"There are few talks happening but I am not that keen on going for it. Surely the industry is not meant for outsiders. If you are a big name then you are ruling the roost. If not a biggie then you are floating somewhere. Today survival is important, you have dreams, and you have to earn money. One must move on in life," he said. Now, Raqesh has achieved popularity on small screen.

"Today I feel lucky that things are working well. I like TV more. I feel it is a bigger challenge than films. Because with films I can't deal with anxiety, wait for six months or something whether you would get offers or not," he said. "TV is constant.. it's like being on stage, you get response immediately. It's a good thing. It's good for morale, great job satisfaction, great money and low on anxiety level," he added.

Raqesh is quite excited about his upcoming TV show 'Honge Juda Na Hum' on Sony with Aamna Sharif. "I play the role of Rohan who is married to Muskan. He is a painter. With colors and canvas he shows his emotions. He loves Muskaan but marriage is something that comes with a baggage... fights happen," he said. "The show is about a couple who goes through ups and downs. And then it's destiny that they have to part ways only to come back," he added.

Hongey Judaa Na Hum: Love is the key

Hongey Judaa Na Hum: Love is the key
Raqesh and Aamna

TOI catches up with Aamna and Raqesh on their idea of love, romance and destiny

Are you romantic at heart? What is your idea of romance?
Aamna: I am hopelessly romantic. I am waiting for my Prince Charming. My idea of romance is spending time with my love on the beach or by the sea-side or going for a candle-light dinner.
Raqesh: I am romantic though occasionally. Romance is following your heart, you can't force it. Romance happens with time and it comes with responsibilities.

You think post-marriage love goes out of the window?
Aamna: I don't think so. If you are madly in love then you take it further by committing to each other. There could be some differences but love will always exist. And one has to keep working on the relationship.
Raqesh: If you take your marriage too seriously then love will certainly go out of the window. There shouldn't be any dos and don'ts between a couple. Just go with the flow.

What does it take to sustain love?
Aamna: Never try to change the person you are in love with. Never take the person for granted. Learn to value love as it is difficult to get true love.
Raqesh: Patience and breaking the pattern. Friendship is the key. Build it up.

Do you believe that if two persons are destined to meet, they will meet come what may?
Aamna: Yes, absolutely. I am yet to meet the right person and one day the magical moment will happen.
Raqesh: Destiny plays a major role in taking the final plunge.

What is your off-screen chemistry like?
Aamna: We hit it off on the first day itself. It is important to have that comfort level with your co-star. Raqesh is a great friend.
Raqesh: We are working on perfecting our chemistry

Tune in tonight at 9. Hongey Judaa Na Hum will show every Monday to Thursday

RAQESH VASHISTH-AAMNA SHARIFF
The celebrated names Aamna Shariff and Raqesh Vashisth were clicked as they launched their upcoming TV serial Honge Juda Na Hum, in Mumbai! 

Also clicked by the shutterbugs were Ayub Khan and Deepshikha

Deepshikha said: "This is my first show with Sony and Sri Adhikari Brothers are like my family! When Paristiosh first told me the concept of the show, I said 'I am not doing the mother's role'!" 

She added: "When we started shooting this serial, I realized it has been shot as a film! If you carefully see, you will realize that even the casting and all the other aspects are A grade." 

Catch the pics from the launch of Honge Juda Na Hum, here at ApunKaChoice: 

(Photo: IANS) 

Raqesh Vashisth-Aamna Shariff Photo Gallery / Stills / Images / pictures

Aamna Shariff gushes about her romantic life in HJNH

Mumbai: Actress Aamna Shariff, who hit small screen with Ekta Kapoor's popular show Kahiin To Hoga in 2003, is now set for a comeback with yet another romantic show Honge Juda Na Hum. The TV star, who enthralled the audience as Kashish, says that she is very romantic in real life and she is ready to do anything for her love. Currently, Aamna is single and waiting for her Mr Right.

In an interview to PTI, Aamna Shariff said, "In real life I must say that I am very romantic. I would do anything for the one I love. Well, right now I am waiting for my Mr right to come. When he comes in my life I could go on my knees and even propose to him if I am in love with him. I am a die-hard romantic person by heart. I think I would be more romantic than the guy."

Her latest TV serial, Honge Juda Na Hum is a love story of Rohan and Muskaan, played by Aamna and Raqeush Vashisth. The show will be aired on Sony Entertainment Channel from today at 9 PM. Aamna Shariff said, "The love that I got from my previous show Kahiin To Hoga was because it was a love story. I think people like me in romantic genre. I think it is good decision to comeback with this genre."

Aamna Shariff added, "I did not want to do something that is going on TV these days. I wanted to do something different. When I heard this script I fell in love with it. It is a beautiful romantic story but it is different, it is contemporary. I think people dream of romance, they go into Yash Chopra feel. I think romance is something that works anytime."

"I am a romantic person and can relate to Muskaan": Aamna

"I am a romantic person and can relate to Muskaan": Aamna

Tellybuzz in conversation with the spotless beauty, Aamna Shariff.

Aamna Shariff's entry into the small screen withSony TV's Hongey Judaa Naa Hum has been an exciting move for her fans. The actress still commands love and adoration just as she did in the past. 

When we got in touch with Aamna about this decision she said, " I have no regrets of coming back to the industry after four years.Hongey Judaa Naa Hum has a romantic backdrop which fascinated me immediately when I read the script. I am a romantic person, so I couldn't wait but take up the role. I only do roles that I am comfortable in and I somehow relate to the character of Muskaan which made it easier for me". 

Speaking about the show and her co-star she added, " RaQesh Vashisth is an amazing actor to work with. This show is a fast paced one. The moment you think about what will happen, it would have already happened". 

Reporter: Krishma Solanki

It was tough convincing myself to play Aamna's mom: Deepshikha Nagpal

Deepshikha Nagpal, who has starred in films like Koyla, Baadshah and Partner to name a few and whose looks have often been compared with that of yesteryear heartthrob Parveen Babi, is back on television after a gap of three years. She is playing mom to actor Aamna Sharif in her new tele-serial.

In her mid-30s, Deepshikha jokes that she is still convincing herself to play Aamna's mom. "The makers of the serial are close friends and they literally pataoed me for the role. When they approached me, Aamna was not in the picture. They were scouting for a new face to play my daughter's role. When they informed me later that it was going to be Aamna, my reaction was 'ek toh you convince me to play mom and now I have to play mom to Aamna!'," she says. But on a more serious note, she adds, "Honestly, as an actor, it doesn't matter what role I play. Also, the age difference between parents and children is not a very obvious depiction on television as not many actors want to look old."

Deepshikha got married for the second time early this year to actor Kaishav Arora, after a failed first marriage to actor Jeet Upendra. She says that her children have really taken to Kaishav. "My kids were very comfortable with Keshav even prior to our marriage. So accepting him as part of the family was never an issue for them," she says. "In fact, it was I who was a bit wary about the initial adjustment issues after my first marriage. But I'm glad things turned out well. Marriage can make one scared of losing one's independence. Especially if you are a workaholic. Too much of togetherness too gives rise to petty issues, so I feel it's better to keep oneself occupied with work," she adds.

Deepshikha produced the film Yeh Dooriyan last year which was a dud at the BO. But that hasn't dimmed the actor's confidence. Now planning on a comedy movie as her next, Deepshikha says that it's all a learning experience. "It's tough for someone to make a mark as a filmmaker in the first attempt without proper guidance. Although Yeh Dooriyan was rated well by the critics and we had spent a lot on its promotions, people thought the subject to be a taboo. Considering people's sensibilities, there are lesser chances of going wrong with comedy, " she says.

Honge Juda Na Hum to have a new producer?

Even a strong star-cast cannot save a weak show. And that's what is happening with Sony TV's recent launch, Honge Juda Na Hum which stars Aamna Shariff, Raqesh Vashisht and Aamir Ali. The show has courted controversies since inception.

It first made news when writer Preeti Srivastava, who has conceptualised the story of the show, sued the channel and the production house for refusing to give her due credit. Later, the channel accepted Preeti's demand and her name was added in the credit roll.
And now, Honge Juda Na Hum has landed in another trouble. The production house has reportedly run out of funds and asked Hiten Seth to finance the show. However, the channel is planning to give the show to another producer, since they aren't happy with it.
Sony Entertainment Television had pinned a lot of hope on this show and it has failed to deliver.

Informs our source, "The channel has decided to rope in a new producer. If things don't change, the channel might pull out the show soon." Producer Ravi Adhikari didn't revert to our text message.

Honge Juda Na Hum review: Too predictable

Aamir Ali, Ayub Khan and Deepshika Nagpal make an entry into the show. Protagonists Aamna Sharif and Raqesh Vashisht lose their memories in a car accident and end up in hospital. And the show thereon gets super-predictable…Phew!

While we are glad that the makers of Honge Juda Na Hum are being all considerate and endowing us with much needed eye candy in the form of Aamir Ali, hot as he is, he fails to prove his credentials as an onscreen doctor. People who are simultaneously following the first season of Grey's Anatomy on Star World would agree with us when we say that Dr Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) is a much cooler neurosurgeon than Aamir – who looks downright foolish when he utters complicated medical terms. He convinces us that he would have had looked much better holding a pair of sunglasses than a scalpel in his hand.

Meanwhile Aamna's mom Deepshika is busy plotting how she's going to keep Raqesh away from her daughter. And now that the couple doesn't remember anything about their past together, Mom's job becomes much easier. We hear that Mr Ali might play Aamna's love interest in future episodes. And love story freaks must look forward to that new development on the show, 'coz the two make for an absolute visual delight when in the same frame. But if that happens, Raqesh is obviously going to be the ultimate Kebab mein haddi…and that's understood, no? The show couldn't get more predictable, so watch it only if you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for something to do. Till then, let us warn you that the same old melodrama and cheesy lines are going to be repeated ad nauseam on HJNH…so beware!