Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 11

Page 1
Page   of 11
Page 2 Page 11

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged

I'm not sure if this has been posted countless times before by more senior members and I'm just opening a can of worms by stating my opinion but I cannot help myself any more...

Why does this forum erupt into a war zone so easily over Gia vs Devoleena topics?

Isn't this a "Saath Nibhana Saathiya" forum and not "Gia Manek fan club" or "Devoleena Bhattacharjee fan club"?

I know every single member on this forum (me included) was pissed off with Gia's overnight replacement. It was cold and mean with a total disregard for fans' views. The strong reactions were completely justified. But that's show business for you. Tough luck. I'll be perfectly honest now... my mum works for UTV-Walt Disney and she's pretty high up the ranks. When she heard the news, she just shrugged and said, "Too bad, but I've seen worse". Sounds cold again, but it's not unheard of in this industry - be it tellywood or Bollywood. I'm an engineer so luckily I've escaped this but people who have chosen this industry know what they're getting themselves into and us bickering over it, being so divided isn't going to resolve anything. The unfortunate fact is that Gia isn't coming back. Call it Star Plus' massive ego or Rashmi Sharma's colossal mistake or Gia Manek's irrational statements in the media - it's a matter of opinion - but the fact still remains that she's not coming back. And I say this with conviction because Devoleena may have been an eye sore at first but the supporting characters were able to keep the show afloat and Devoleena has improved A LOT since her first shot. The TRPs did dip and were at an all-time low for this show, but they were still not too bad by Star Plus standards. And they are on the rise now, which in its own way, goes to show that Devoleena has been accepted by the general public. Bringing Gia Manek back isn't really going to cross the PH or channel's mind any more.

A lot of people have also said that it was easy for Devoleena because she became a lead actress overnight and that she must be so smug. However, it's easy to forget that replacing a lead overnight isn't an easy job at all. The prime example of that is people's reaction on this forum itself! People still criticise her - sometimes even go to the extent of criticising her looks and her ability to speak English. I'm not targeting anyone over here because frankly I don't know anybody personally. I understand everyone's loyalty to their favourite actress and it's commendable but it's not Devo's fault that she looks a certain way or that she wasn't privileged enough to study in a good English speaking school - heck, that doesn't classify as a "fault" at all! I'm just appalled at the intensity of hatred directed at a person who is just doing her job. Devoleena didn't snatch this job from Gia. She was offered a role by Star Plus and she took it - I don't see anything wrong in that. Star Plus is a reputed channel in India and no struggling actor in their right mind would turn down that offer.

In fact, what surprises me most is that this fandom division still hasn't died down after Vishal's birthday pictures surfaced. It is obvious that Gia and Devoleena don't harbour any ill feelings towards each other - then why do we? Whether Gia was the magnanimous one here to "forgive" Devoleena or Devoleena was the first to extend an olive branch is irrelevant and unknown. The fact is, if they don't hate each other's guts then why do we? It doesn't matter who started which war on the forum. In the grand scheme of things, these petty issues shouldn't even hold much importance. In the end, this still remains a Saath Nibhana Saathiya forum and whoever is left here is just supporting the show, regardless of the cast. I come here every day and read new/old threads because it makes me smile. Everyone over here is genuinely nice.. in fact, this is one of the only few forums on IF where I feel comfortable enough to be honest and open, despite not knowing anyone personally. My only request to people is to respect each other's opinions, no matter how different they are. Arguing, fighting and bickering over trivial things only riles everyone up and upsets the forum's atmosphere. We have enough craziness in our lives without getting worked up over fiction too.

I do not mean to target anyone in particular over here because, like I said, I'm friendly with everyone. Gia fans, this isn't in any way targeted at you guys specifically either. Your opinions are valid, just not at the cost of someone's personal insult (here, Devoleena's). And Devo fans, this isn't in any way my undying support for you either. Just a neutral post.

Thanks for reading this very...er.. lengthy preaching Tongue and I sincerely hope this doesn't start another uprising! LOL

Edited by coolspicebabe_1 - 10 September 2012 at 6:57am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

ljmnzReemasp13Sunnyahemninagmunnihyderabadilike_tvbasuanasuyaevadGuggulSriBShaunSAChacchayhm_crazeXarinaVidishaaJustlikethat1ani_grNazmaJpikiiichuuDivineDarknessTarantallegra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Musings on the current renewed state of fan wars" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Giafan

Goldie

Giafan

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolspicebabe_1

I'm not sure if this has been posted countless times before by more senior members and I'm just opening a can of worms by stating my opinion but I cannot help myself any more'

Why does this forum erupt into a war zone so easily over Gia vs Devoleena topics?

Isn't this a "Saath Nibhana Saathiya" forum and not "Gia Manek fan club" or "Devoleena Bhattacharjee fan club"?

I know every single member on this forum (me included) was pissed off with Gia's overnight replacement. It was cold and mean with a total disregard for fans' views. The strong reactions were completely justified. But that's show business for you. Tough luck. I'll be perfectly honest now' my mum works for UTV-Walt Disney and she's pretty high up the ranks. When she heard the news, she just shrugged and said, "Too bad, but I've seen worse". Sounds cold again, but it's not unheard of in this industry ' be it tellywood or Bollywood. I'm an engineer so luckily I've escaped this but people who have chosen this industry know what they're getting themselves into and us bickering over it, being so divided isn't going to resolve anything. The unfortunate fact is that Gia isn't coming back. Call it Star Plus' massive ego or Rashmi Sharma's colossal mistake or Gia Manek's irrational statements in the media ' it's a matter of opinion ' but the fact still remains that she's not coming back. And I say this with conviction because Devoleena may have been an eye sore at first but the supporting characters were able to keep the show afloat and Devoleena has improved A LOT since her first shot. The TRPs did dip and were at an all-time low for this show, but they were still not too bad by Star Plus standards. And they are on the rise now, which in its own way, goes to show that Devoleena has been accepted by the general public. Bringing Gia Manek back isn't really going to cross the PH or channel's mind any more.

A lot of people have also said that it was easy for Devoleena because she became a lead actress overnight and that she must be so smug. However, it's easy to forget that replacing a lead overnight isn't an easy job at all. The prime example of that is people's reaction on this forum itself! People still criticise her ' sometimes even go to the extent of criticising her looks and her ability to speak English. I'm not targeting anyone over here because frankly I don't know anybody personally. I understand everyone's loyalty to their favourite actress and it's commendable but it's not Devo's fault that she looks a certain way or that she wasn't privileged enough to study in a good English speaking school ' heck, that doesn't classify as a "fault" at all! I'm just appalled at the intensity of hatred directed at a person who is just doing her job. Devoleena didn't snatch this job from Gia. She was offered a role by Star Plus and she took it ' I don't see anything wrong in that. Star Plus is a reputed channel in India and no struggling actor in their right mind would turn down that offer.

In fact, what surprises me most is that this fandom division still hasn't died down after Vishal's birthday pictures surfaced. It is obvious that Gia and Devoleena don't harbour any ill feelings towards each other ' then why do we? Whether Gia was the magnanimous one here to "forgive" Devoleena or Devoleena was the first to extend an olive branch is irrelevant and unknown. The fact is, if they don't hate each other's guts then why do we? It doesn't matter who started which war on the forum. In the grand scheme of things, these petty issues shouldn't even hold much importance. In the end, this still remains a Saath Nibhana Saathiya forum and whoever is left here is just supporting the show, regardless of the cast. I come here every day and read new/old threads because it makes me smile. Everyone over here is genuinely nice' in fact, this is one of the only few forums on IF where I feel comfortable enough to be honest and open, despite not knowing anyone personally. My only request to people is to respect each other's opinions, no matter how different they are. Arguing, fighting and bickering over trivial things only riles everyone up and upsets the forum's atmosphere. We have enough craziness in our lives without getting worked up over fiction too.

I do not mean to target anyone in particular over here because, like I said, I'm friendly with everyone. Gia fans, this isn't in any way targeted at you guys specifically either. Your opinions are valid, just not at the cost of someone's personal insult (here, Devoleena's).

Thanks for reading this very'er' lengthy preaching Tongue and I sincerely hope this doesn't start another uprising! LOL

O.K., today, you have started??Ouch Your opinions, matters to us. Instead  of telling only to Giafans you can add Dev fans, also in the list.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

avniraoNazmaJ

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Giafan

O.K., today, you have started??Ouch Your opinions, matters to us. Instead  of telling only to Giafans you can add Dev fans, also in the list.

Alright, sorry... my bad. I'll include them as well Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

avniraoGiafanShaunSADivineDarknessani_grNazmaJ

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Beautifully made postClap And a much needed one.

How difficult it is really to stay without commenting on each other personally or take a pot shot at an actors physical traits, be it Gia or Dev?

Whatever happened in the past, it is more than obvious now that Gia is not coming back, She also has another show and is having a blast by the looks of it. Dev is doing her job in SNS and she is also having a blast at her worksite.
Both girls have moved on obviously and are happy in their own world. It looks like the residual anger that a few fans have though is not yet finished. 

My only request is Do not get personal either about a forum member or an actor. Like/Dislike the actor. It is one's prerogative. But that is it. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

.Gianna.ilike_tvavniraoShaunSAswasthiVidishaaani_grNazmaJpikiiichuuDivineDarknessTarantallegra

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Beautifully made postClap And a much needed one.

How difficult it is really to stay without commenting on each other personally or take a pot shot at an actors physical traits, be it Gia or Dev?

Whatever happened in the past, it is more than obvious now that Gia is not coming back, She also has another show and is having a blast by the looks of it. Dev is doing her job in SNS and she is also having a blast at her worksite.
Both girls have moved on obviously and are happy in their own world. It looks like the residual anger that a few fans have though is not yet finished. 

My only request is Do not get personal either about a forum member or an actor. Like/Dislike the actor. It is one's prerogative. But that is it. 
Thank you Smile it's really not difficult to move past petty name calling. We are (mostly) adults here, trying to mingle and enjoy a good show. 

I know it's easy to start a topic and preach, specially since I've never been as emotionally attached to the show and cast as most people here. But I only wanted to add a little positivity to a rapidly-turning-volatile forum.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

yhm_crazeShaunSAJustlikethat1DivineDarknesspikiiichuuani_grNazmaJTarantallegra

Parijatrocks

IF-Sizzlerz

Parijatrocks

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Good post uyaar... Even i feel the same... But i believe in tit for tat... Always... U be good to me i will be good to u... U respect my feeling i will respect u too...

U throw gutter at me i will throw more chappals tomatoes eggs whatever is worst on u...

Simple and straight forward...:D

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Gianna.-vibhakarthi-avniraoGiafanNazimKiDewani

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhavya

Good post uyaar... Even i feel the same... But i believe in tit for tat... Always... U be good to me i will be good to u... U respect my feeling i will respect u too...

U throw gutter at me i will throw more chappals tomatoes eggs whatever is worst on u...

Simple and straight forward...:D

Fair enough Smile point noted.

Though, sometimes an opinion may contradict yours. It doesn't mean that your opinion doesn't hold value, but it just becomes a 'live and let live' situation. Thanks for commenting Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tvShaunSAVidishaaDivineDarknesspikiiichuu

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Naz.  Great OP.  I, too would like to see a forum that can get along with each other even if we do have differing views.  Has the time come, perhaps, where we can forgive.  I am not asking to forget.  But to start anew? Smile

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

.Gianna.Giafanilike_tvswasthiShaunSANazmaJJustlikethat1DivineDarknessTarantallegra

Post Reply New Post

Go to top