Edited: IF and Freedom Of Speech - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
@Saraa, Thanks for trying. I appreciate your effort.  I think many mods on this forum seem to have a hard time understanding what Freedom of Speech & Freedom of expression means. The rules are very subjective -  You make your decision on what is considered "bashing" based on your background/experience. However another person from a different background may not find the same post offensive. So these subjective rules are causing too many problems. And the mods seem too young to understand Freedom of speech & fundamental rights. 
This forum is the biggest example of cross border love  and affection.
It makes me proud as an indian to see our Indian Entertainment industry being adored ,loved outside our nation immensely . No question of pakitan and terrorist angle. 
Maverick was focusiing on the core iissue of misplaced idelogies that a person may have due to various reasons including the atmosphere or surroundings in which he/she may grow.

He knows this is not a racist forum. there are multiple sites available on internet to do all those stuff. Not here.

freedom to express about our Fav show is the main concern out here.It may be rude sometimes for the show.

TM's/mods  were never  a target. Shows were the target. and wen ppl came to intervene about shows .it became TM v/sTM.
or else we dont know any one each other out here. The common link is the show itself and nobody shud be curbed of expression unless its abusing a TM. or using abusive tone of Actors. Here ppl are just criticising fictional characters which are not real. 
so why the headche to defend fictional characters that dont exist??
Edited by RickyBahl - 11 years ago
Dear KKKSR, 
Do tell me your name though, I applaud you buddy for taking the initiative and making this post.

This forum is full of moral police.
You can see hundreds of "OMG...OMG..I AM DEAD and I am talking from heaven" posts which are meant for drooling  and OOH, AAHING and discussing each and every body part of Sobti to the T.
This is morally right you see.
If you refuse to join these posts and refuse to drool then you are called a  "hater" or a  "basher" .
Apparently some of these posts are called as Appreciation posts in this Forum.
You will see millions of Barun Sobti appreciation posts .
They are not at all offensive, you should open them sometime and see how he is appreciated in this forum.
But you open a meaningful post and try to have a healthy discussion between equals and not some 14 year old juvenile droolers or some Mother of Daadi's, then we are bashing IPKKND.
Tells so much about what is appreciation and what is bashing in this forum.

Thank you again for making this post.
I might not be able to join in for much discussion as I am busy in the office right now but I wholeheartedly Support You, Maverick, Rishita, Flora and all the others who have made a valid point.

Now wait for this post to get closed.
It is inevitable.
Each post I comment , gets closed.
I am jinxed.

Edited by kookie2020 - 11 years ago
Thanks to people who're trying to solve the problem here...
But it's not about using appropriate eords anymore!
I've seen 4/5 posts being closed before my eyes that were simply criticizing a character in a funny way w/o any inappropriate words!
We know Anjali/Shyam is not Daljeet/Abhaas! And that's why bashing/criticizing a charcter doesnt mean criticizing the real person!
And if an actor's decision badly affects the show, we have the right to say that!
If u say we dont, then okay... I understand that this forum is no place for free speech, but a place for modified thoughts and praises!
Originally posted by RickyBahl

This forum is the biggest example of cross border love  and affection.
It makes me proud as an indian to see our Indian Entertainment industry being adored ,loved outside our nation immensely . No question of pakitan and terrorist angle. 
Maverick was focusiing on the core iissue of misplaced idelogies that a person may have due to various reasons including the atmosphere or surroundings in which he/she may grow.

He knows this is not a racist forum. there are multiple sites available on internet to do all those stuff. Not here.

freedom to express about our Fav show is the main concern out here.It may be rude sometimes for the show.

TM's/mods  were never  a target. Shows were the target. and wen ppl came to intervene about shows .it became TM v/sTM.
or else we dont know any one each other out here. The common link is the show itself and nobody shud be curbed of expression unless its abusing a TM. or using abusive tone of Actors. Here ppl are just criticising fictional characters which are not real. 
so why the headche to defend fictional characters that dont exist??

Thanks Ricky!

Cheers.
Originally posted by kookie2020

Dear KKKSR, 
Do tell me your name though, I applaud you buddy for taking the initiative and making this post.

This forum is full of moral police.
You can see hundreds of "OMG...OMG..I AM DEAD and I am talking from heaven" posts which are meant for drooling  and OOH, AAHING and discussing each and every body part of Sobti to the T.
This is morally right you see.
If you refuse to join these posts and refuse to drool then you are called a  "hater" or a  "basher" .
Apparently some of these posts are called as Appreciation posts in this Forum.
You will see millions of Barun Sobti appreciation posts .
They are not at all offensive, you should open them sometime and see how he is appreciated in this forum.
But you open a meaningful post and try to have a healthy discussion between equals and not some 14 year old juvenile droolers or some Mother of Daadi's, then we are bashing IPKKND.
Tells so much about what is appreciation and what is bashing in this forum.

Thank you again for making this post.
I might not be able to join in for much discussion as I am busy in the office right now but I wholeheartedly Support You, Maverick, Rishita, Flora and all the others who have made a valid point.

Now wait for this post to get closed.
It is inevitable.
Each post I comment , gets closed.
I am jinxed.

Thank you Kookie for the support! My name is Bindhu :)  These rules are just ridiculous and if they don't let us speak our minds we have to move to another platform that will!  This post is on the main IF complaints/suggestions page. So IPK mods cannot close this thread. However if the main IF guys decide to close this thread I am out of IF. But before that I will make sure they close my account and remove me from their subscription database.
Originally posted by ~Saraa~

I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Every forum has a different DT therefore the set of rules vary  but their underlying meaning is the same - no bashing will be tolerated. To express your opinion by constructively criticizing the show is acceptable but to say uncalled things to the cast or the CVs, will never be accepted on any forum.

You are saying that it's not their home but many of us treat India-Forums like our home. We've been on this forum for more than 5 years or something, so keeping that in mind, we don't like it either when we have to close threads that could have been structured well and could have been a great discussion thread. But when members start either bashing each other or the cast/CVs and throw insults at them, that's when the thread is closed and a note is put up there. And there is a huge crowd on this forum who aren't over the age of 15, so do you really want them to be going around reading posts that will only instigate the wrong things in their young minds? No, right? 😊

And I hope you had PMed the IPKKND forum DT regarding this, because they are prompt with their replies and will look into your thread if it was closed without a valid reason.

PS: I'm not trying to be offensive, so please don't mind. 😳

As you rightly say, there are members who are not over 15, but is it ok for the show to show creulty,criminality, deciet, Khushi's humiliation from day 1, Payal's humiliation 2?
According to me these are double standards, they can show any crap and that's ok, but if we criticise the show/cast/CV's that's a taboo, come on give me break.

I agree one shouldn't use indecesnt language, but critise we can.

freedom of speech "HAMARA JANM SIDH ADHIKAR HAI".
Originally posted by meshas

freedom of speech "HAMARA JANM SIDH ADHIKAR HAI".

A concept lost on the MODs!
Originally posted by meshas

As you rightly say, there are members who are not over 15, but is it ok for the show to show creulty,criminality, deciet, Khushi's humiliation from day 1, Payal's humiliation 2?
According to me these are double standards, they can show any crap and that's ok, but if we criticise the show/cast/CV's that's a taboo, come on give me break.

I agree one shouldn't use indecesnt language, but critise we can.

Well said! It is somehow ok for them to show baby murder on prime time with no content warning, but it is not ok for us to criticize a character/actress!