Suggestions / Comments

Edited: IF and Freedom Of Speech (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 25

Maverick29

Goldie

Maverick29

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Flora3333

Originally posted by Maverick29

Originally posted by ~Saraa~

I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Every forum has a different DT therefore the set of rules vary  but their underlying meaning is the same - no bashing will be tolerated. To express your opinion by constructively criticizing the show is acceptable but to say uncalled things to the cast or the CVs, will never be accepted on any forum.

You are saying that it's not their home but many of us treat India-Forums like our home. We've been on this forum for more than 5 years or something, so keeping that in mind, we don't like it either when we have to close threads that could have been structured well and could have been a great discussion thread. But when members start either bashing each other or the cast/CVs and throw insults at them, that's when the thread is closed and a note is put up there. And there is a huge crowd on this forum who aren't over the age of 15, so do you really want them to be going around reading posts that will only instigate the wrong things in their young minds? No, right? Smile

And I hope you had PMed the IPKKND forum DT regarding this, because they are prompt with their replies and will look into your thread if it was closed without a valid reason.

PS: I'm not trying to be offensive, so please don't mind. Embarrassed

Well, you're right to some extent!
But we also make fun of other characters... and how's that offensive? Ouch
We also make fun of dadi and shyam!! Confused
If we call Anjali "pooja ki thali wali"... is that offensive? Confused
Fun is Fun!!
Criticizing Anjali doesn't mean we're bashing Daljeet! Shocked
And ... I don't know... I want to express my frustrations in posts... but I'm afraid to say anything because the post's going to be closed! Cry
I don't feel free to share my opinions anymore!
Sigh.

Sorry to butt in Flora -- But there is NOTHING right about what this person is saying.

People who want to suppress what others want to say always come up with their own reasons to justify their crap. 

This post is a justification of VIOLATION of the law of the land in the US and EU.  It may not be in India and Pakistan or some places in SE asia where people are used to being told "what they can say and what they cannot".

This if stretched is a very very serious issue -- it is about a silly daily Indian SOAP so no one wants to really drag it to court but if that is done, the forum will be shut down for at least the North American and EU people because they will be violating so many laws.

Just some reality here -- this is fun and games till someone takes offence to being told "what to say" -- stupid crap to start with.

I agree with u!
I live in US and never face this kind of restriction before...
and websites are not bound to any country territory!
So we should feel free to express our thoughts about the show and characters!
And that's what the forum is for, right?
I feel suffocated before typing each and every word here.
That's sad.
IF was fun for me 2 days ago.
But it doesn't seem to be anymore!
Anything we'd say about Anjali, the topic will be closed. Even posts on DB's profile were deleted!
Some posts were not even attacking her but criticizing Anjali!
I must say... I feel an awkward silence in the forum. I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not.
Maximum posts are now OS/FF or silly predictions about the future track.
No more opinions / criticisms about the track/ characters!

Exactly the reason to NOT listen to the crap spread by these people with their REGRESSIVE thinking.  The founding fathers in the US did not create the country with FREEDOM so some people can come here and set up their own set of rules stopping people from talking.

Believe that YOU ARE RIGHT.  Just stick to your guns.  Let us see what IF has to say about this -- if they want to escalate it or make adjustments.

There are a million ways to deal with "adult" content like these people claim -- if someone wants to say this is for "18 or older" only they can give us that option instead of saying "we will delete whatever you say because we have the right".  There are a million things that can be done without SUPPRESSING what people say!

What is being done is CRIMINAL -- but too bad it is on a DAILY soap crap -- otherwise, I would have already filed a law suit against these people.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

meshas-DKS-Senorita Sanaya--Udhay--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Edited: IF and Freedom Of Speech (Page 3)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Flora3333

IF-Sizzlerz

Flora3333

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Maverick29][QUOTE=Flora3333][QUOTE=~Saraa~]I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Every forum has a different DT therefore the set of rules vary  but their underlying meaning is the same - no bashing will be tolerated. To express your opinion by constructively criticizing the show is acceptable but to say uncalled things to the cast or the CVs, will never be accepted on any forum.

You are saying that it's not their home but many of us treat India-Forums like our home. We've been on this forum for more than 5 years or something, so keeping that in mind, we don't like it either when we have to close threads that could have been structured well and could have been a great discussion thread. But when members start either bashing each other or the cast/CVs and throw insults at them, that's when the thread is closed and a note is put up there. And there is a huge crowd on this forum who aren't over the age of 15, so do you really want them to be going around reading posts that will only instigate the wrong things in their young minds? No, right? Smile

And I hope you had PMed the IPKKND forum DT regarding this, because they are prompt with their replies and will look into your thread if it was closed without a valid reason.

Exactly the reason to NOT listen to the crap spread by these people with their REGRESSIVE thinking.  The founding fathers in the US did not create the country with FREEDOM so some people can come here and set up their own set of rules stopping people from talking.

Believe that YOU ARE RIGHT.  Just stick to your guns.  Let us see what IF has to say about this -- if they want to escalate it or make adjustments.

There are a million ways to deal with "adult" content like these people claim -- if someone wants to say this is for "18 or older" only they can give us that option instead of saying "we will delete whatever you say because we have the right".  There are a million things that can be done without SUPPRESSING what people say!

What is being done is CRIMINAL -- but too bad it is on a DAILY soap crap -- otherwise, I would have already filed a law suit against these people.

Well, talking about under-aged members getting wrong messages,
I'd like to mention that we have tons of 18+ posts / OS in the forum, and who would stop the kids from reading those??
I've read some OS/FF that even shocked an adult like me!
Expressing our anger or criticizing a mere character without using slang has nothing to do with giving wrong message to children!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu0702kkksrMaverick29Senorita Sanaya--Udhay--

Maverick29

Goldie

Maverick29

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Harshitha

i agree with u even if reality hurts it should not but banned like this

Hey Harshi -- you should tell our friends about this.  Honestly it has become a bit too weird in that forum off late.  Too MUCH suppression -- some 3rd world country like behavior.

Cheers.

kkksrabracadabraSenorita SanayaFlora3333--Udhay--

Flora3333

IF-Sizzlerz

Flora3333

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Saraa~

Well, you're right to some extent!
But we also make fun of other characters... and how's that offensive? Ouch
We also make fun of dadi and shyam!! Confused
If we call Anjali "pooja ki thali wali"... is that offensive? Confused
Fun is Fun!!
Criticizing Anjali doesn't mean we're bashing Daljeet! Shocked
And ... I don't know... I want to express my frustrations in posts... but I'm afraid to say anything because the post's going to be closed! Cry
I don't feel free to share my opinions anymore!
Sigh.

Thankyou for understanding.
Dadi and Shyaam are negative characters of some sort and you will notice that as soon as there is a thread that is bashing the two and not constructive criticism, the thread is closed down. Calling Shyaam Snake-wa is accepted because he is a negative character but only to a point that in normal threads, it's not used in the context of Abhaas being mentioned as the snake-wa. Dadi is a recent addition so I don't know much about her and the posts regarding her.

And also, the posts regarding Anjali weren't just pointing towards her it was Dajleet who was bashed constantly. "Daljeet had signed up this negotiation that if she wasn't given focus then she would quit IPKKND." I mean, statements like these - how did the TM know? Is Daljeet best friends with them and she called them up late at night and told them how she felt? No, right - these are all baseless and pointless posts that have to be closed down to show the other members that no such posts will be accepted.

You shouldn't feel like you can't express your opinion. There's a IPKKND Frustration/Complaints Thread #2

It's the 2nd thread, which means member use this ALL the time. If you have any complaints or things to say that you do know will be argumentative by other members and will turn into something that won't be pleasant for anyone then you should post it in the link I have given above. It will get it off your back and you won't exactly be under the risk of WL increasing. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

I think u don't know, but it was Daljeet who made this news public that she's negotiating with the PH about her screenspace!
Daljeet herself said in her interview about that!
Or how would the whole forum know about that?

kkksrMaverick29abracadabraSenorita Sanaya--Udhay--

Maverick29

Goldie

Maverick29

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Maverick29][QUOTE=Flora3333][QUOTE=~Saraa~]I know you guys are angry about this, but honestly speaking a public forum also has it's bounds. You can't go around calling Anjali "sick," "Pooja ki thaali wali." or even the CVs anything like that. The current track has everyone upset, but the story has to keep on moving forward. The CVs can't just show ArHi moments and ArHi's wedding. There has to be other things in the show to keep it moving and interesting.

Well, talking about under-aged members getting wrong messages,
I'd like to mention that we have tons of 18+ posts / OS in the forum, and who would stop the kids from reading those??
I've read some OS/FF that even shocked an adult like me!
Expressing our anger or criticizing a mere character without using slang has nothing to do with giving wrong message to children!

Exactly -- one person was actually complaining about someone GLORIFYING "rape" in one of the OS/FF writings -- supposedly the writer was 14 -- asking to be raped or something like that.

With crap like that floating around, restricting what people want to say an actress became so damn unacceptable -- what the hell kind of logic is this.  Regressive as always -- the actors are sooo great -- they are gods we cannot say a thing against them because we will hurt their feelings!!!

What about the lives hurt by the adult crap in the OS stories???

That is the reason this SUBJECTIVE nature of applying rules does not work.

Cheers.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kkksrabracadabraFlora3333--Udhay--

abracadabra

IF-Rockerz

abracadabra

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Totally agreed. Truth is always bitter and what is the harm in accepting it? People can bash a negative character but not a positive character? What kind of rules are these? Why aren't there rules, like many have already mentioned on the various shocking OS/FF's being written where children as young as 9 read it. This forum has tuned into a political zone, where each post has a different set of rules. This needs to be made aware asap.

If they have rules i would request them to apply it to each and everyone and everything. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kkksrMaverick29lylow-SI-Senorita SanayaFlora3333-DKS---Udhay--

kkksr

kkksr

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chaitra2011

Totally agreed. Truth is always bitter and what is the harm in accepting it? People can bash a negative character but not a positive character? What kind of rules are these? Why aren't there rules, like many have already mentioned on the various shocking OS/FF's being written where children as young as 9 read it. This forum has tuned into a political zone, where each post has a different set of rules. This needs to be made aware asap.

If they have rules i would request them to apply it to each and everyone and everything. 

Yes! Absolutely ridiculous!
1. Different rules on bashing negative and positive characters makes no sense.
2.  Who made the decision Anjali is a positive character? When most of the viewers see her as a negative character how can they enforce the rule that she is a positive character ???

meshasMaverick29abracadabraFlora3333--Udhay--

-DKS-

IF-Sizzlerz

-DKS-

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:25am | IP Logged
I always had serious issues with the rules of IPK forum any post which is critical of the characters and especially Anjali is closed down for no reason whatsoever, is Anjali not a character??is she not a part of IPK??is she the one on the forum who cannot be named??

The rules need a serious review as frankly it is a discussion forum and not a fan club if the MOD's only want to hear praises/laurels than it must be strictly communicated to the members.

It is nothing but an Autocracy where by new rules are passed overnight and there is hardly any member involvement. If they have to continue with such form of dictatorship then I think the members strictly need to make a move out as it is unacceptable and against the very fundamentals of a public forum...

Edited by Didikisaut - 10 September 2012 at 12:36am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sprinklekkksrMaverick29Iceflamesmeshaslylow-Aimz-abracadabra-SI-ChaandaniyaFlora3333Senorita Sanaya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top