Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:52pm | IP Logged

~Celebrations~

It was almost unbelievable he thought

All those all nighters, daily visits to the library, countless hours of internship and volunteering, working over time and daily doses of the homemade coffee, had finally paid off

The company that had started in a  single room, all on the shoulders of a determined youngster, had now turned into one of the country's most successful businesses

F U S I O N ' 05

Stood there a proud soul filled with contentment and satisfaction.

Arnav Singh Raizada stared at the enlarged version of the cover page of his very first magazine that was planted on the wooden wall of his partially glass office, behind his desk, which reminded him of all the hardships and hard work that took him where he stood now. 

As he sipped his morning cappuccino a slight smile appeared on his face. It was the 6th anniversary of Fusion. Today his dear magazine, with which he had sentimental attachment, had turned six years old, six years of success, six years of celebration.

As he slipped his hands in the pockets of his Armani  "Arnavvv!" a familiar voice interrupted his thoughts.

Turning around in hysteria he found a petite figure, just an inch shorter than him, who had just entered the room. Staring at him lovingly dressed in happy but sophisticated colors as she had always preferred, threw her arms around her twin brother in excitement wishing him a Happy 6th Anniversary. She had always been the first one to wish him on his special day, and following the tradition she was here, early in the morning just to wish him more success and prosperity.

"Thank You.." he said, embracing her with a slight smile, being the shy member he was.

Losing from the hug she threw her bag on the sofa across the desk and took a sip from his cappuccino

"so..where were you this morning?" he asked out of plain curiosity, taking out a file from the cabinet behind his desk

"went straight for a jog and now you have to drop me" Aleez demanded, settling herself on one of the empty chairs., her chin resting on her knuckles, eyes throwing demand at him

'what?? ..why?" Arnav knew he would have to give in eventually but there's no harm in trying right, not that he was expecting a proper explanation.

"cus I said so" After receiving a raised eyebrow from Arnav she further spoke.

"bas kaha na maine, ab jaldi karo..please mujhe der ho rahi hai" Aleez hurriedly picked her leather bag.

Arnav shook his head letting out a precise laugh, thinking about the bossy attitude his sister carried at work, and sometimes around the family members but he was happy that she was successful in whatever she was doing and proud to have a such a career oriented yet traditional sister.

tring tring

"hello??" he said in surprise after finally receiving a call from his diaper buddy.

"mubarak ho!"

"Aman?.. Thanks!... You're in India?"Arnav asked in curiosity with a pinch of excitement for the tiny hope of seeing his best friend on his special day.

Aman was always the next person in line after Aleez to call him on this day. He knew what it meant for him and how hard he had worked to bring the company to its peaks.

"nope, abhi bhi yahin hoon" he said with disappointment and a hint of sadness. 'apne aap ko lucky samajh, im calling you all the way from South Africa" making him acknowledge his importance, and making himself  valued as he always did since kindergarten. Confidence and boldness evident in his voice

" oh.." Arnav's voice filled with disappointment on the sudden thought of his best friend's absence on his special day. "aur..phir kab aa raha hai?"

Putting their precise conversation to an end Arnav drove back to work.

Hundreds of people wished Arnav for his continuous success and all the elders had given him their blessings too. But he still felt the absence of Aman. From the school days they had been together through tick and thin, they laughed together, cried on each other's shoulder and even had decided would get married on the same day, thankfully not the same bride.

Arnav was cursing Aman under his breath how dare he ditch me, he muttered rolling his eyes, its not like he asked him to do much besides he was the only person Mr Introvert considered a friend, just then Aleez arrived with a glass of orange juice.

"im gona go home now…had a really tiring day" she sighed taking the last sip of her orange juice.

This woman, all she does is design buildings and houses all day and she is tired for doing that? what a queen

Normally this would be a perfect moment for his wit to get excited but he was too tired to say anything

"hey I'll come too" he said checking his watch.

"itna jaldi? Aren't you gona stay till the party ends?" she asked in surprise.

This was his day, he was the owner, the party was being thrown in his success his achievements and his celebration….and he wasn't going to enjoy to the fullest?

Well this was Arnav we were talking about. Impulse was another word for Arnav

"em ..no im really tired.." he loosened his silk tie "and besides I have a meeting tomorrow early in the morning…so I better get going"

And the duo left for home with her low "alright"

He sat there on his teal recliner, in the relaxing mode in his track pants and a black T-shirt, working away on his Hp laptop. Being the business man he was, couldn't leave things unfinished no matter how tired he was.

Tring tring

"ill check!" Aleez ran to check the visitor. As soon as the door opened, Arnav came downstairs running too

It was an old habit of the siblings, they always got excited to see who it was whenever the bell rang. They were five, when they used to get excited for the door bell, now they have grown but the excitement remains.

"Aman??" Arnav yelled in shock

"Arnav?" Aman replied with a wide grin mocking him

"Tu bohat badaa…"Arnav said now in a normal voice pulling Aman into a tight manly embrace

so this is why he was feeling so down in the party, meeting thi?  hmphh jhoota

Somewhat pissed at her brother for not sharing his feelings with her like he always did, she was happy for him too. The man who never expressed any feelings as the "robot" she called him, who was allergic to hugs and kisses and every other gesture was so human like with his best friend, his diaper buddy.

And he wasn't just anyone he was her second brother too, Arnav and Aman held the same importance in her life.

The friends made their way to Arnav's room followed by ice cappuccino, brownies and Aleez's nonstop chatter.

Phew finally completed the OS's (This one and Cursed) that I started long time ago.

To the readers of My Heart Will Go On, part 2 in process should be up in about 2 weeks or so something major came up so can't work on that.

Don't forget to leave your commentsEmbarrassed

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

ligidhasuganya91Curiousmindbutterfly06super_boysskaug25DevilwaysGlimmerankii543bhadraprasadAmanram-Sanayaholic-Cetroniaongongong-Manal.A---MISHTEE--bhaktiiiShiningStar18areeba_blossomSmileyStarkbtrchavvi16OnlyHope

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: Celebrations" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
This was so nice and diff..
And well, refreshing for a change!
We don't see, read, or hear of such things so much, but of course such bonds exist and how nice it was to see Arnav having those feelings for his diaper buddy! LOL
Good job with the diff approach, Iqra! Hug
I don't think I've told you this for a while, but you're a brilliant writer, and I don't just mean story telling, I mean actual serious writing.. EmbarrassedClap

Edited by OnlyHope - 16 September 2012 at 10:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Grace-

bhadraprasad

IF-Dazzler

bhadraprasad

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Sweet OS ...it shows how much a friend is valued...Thanks for the PM

-Grace-

chavvi16

IF-Stunnerz

chavvi16

Posted: 11 September 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
aww he was missing his buddy huh bless

-Grace-

Lily2011

IF-Dazzler

Lily2011

Posted: 11 September 2012 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
nice do pmm me?plzzz

-Grace-

..MorningStar..

IF-Dazzler

..MorningStar..

Posted: 11 September 2012 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
AWWW,,,,AMAN HAS A GOOD ENTRY IN UR STORY...GOOD.HUH!

-Grace-

ShiningStar18

IF-Rockerz

ShiningStar18

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
A really sweet one!
Haha and Arnav's twin sister? Now that i would seriously like to see Cool
Loved the OS!
Hug

-Grace-

SmileyStar

IF-Rockerz

SmileyStar

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 4:29am | IP Logged
I think you always depict best friend's relationship very well Embarrassed Like Karan and Rohan and now Arnav and Aman Tongue Their dialogues are just so realistic! Like apnay ap ko lucky samajh, I'm calling you all the way from South Africa! It was sooo cute Big smile

Loved it Iqra!! Hug

-Grace-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top