Mythological Masti

Mockery of Religion in Films? DT Note: Pg10 (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 11

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Actually, Parashurama in my book is a pretty despicable character, and so are Dronacharya, Kripacharya, Ashwatthama.   & Durvasa.  So while I disdain the mockery of Hindu deities as a whole, I have absolutely no problems w/ any of these being mocked.  Yeah, Vashistha & Vishwamitra deserve more respect (Vishwamitra less), but in Parashuram's case, even if Kuttikrishnamarar had written that Parashurama consummated Amba in return for fighting Bheeshma, I'd not have had problems w/ Parashurama being maligned in this way, although I would have been annoyed @ Amba being maligned

Embarrassed So shall we expect a Vrishclusive version of the Mahabharat sooner or later? Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mockery of Religion in Films? DT Note: Pg10 (Page 8)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
You wouldn't recognize it if I did Evil Smile

I'd liberally malign the Kauravas, Gandhari, Bheeshma, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama and change lots of things.  In a big way Evil Smile

For starters: Krishna would not be Arjun's charioteer Evil Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Edit...

Edited by SahasranamaM - 05 November 2012 at 9:12pm

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SahasranamaM

Originally posted by .Vrish.

You wouldn't recognize it if I did Evil Smile

I'd liberally malign the Kauravas, Gandhari, Bheeshma, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama and change lots of things.  In a big way Evil Smile

For starters: Krishna would not be Arjun's charioteer Evil Smile
Already done...??!!Shocked Link please...Embarrassed

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Oh, no, i haven't done it.  I just suggested what one might see if I actually did.

SahasranamaM

namrata1111

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by namrata1111

all this is happeneing bcoz of the distorted story shown in tv serials.these serials r misleading us.

TRANSLATION

Thereafter, His father, being afraid of kamsa, brought Him to the cow pastures of Maharaja Nanda, and there He lived for eleven years like a covered flame with His elder brother, Baladeva

shri krishna was only 11 yr old child when he left vrindavan n then never returned. but tv serials show him 16 -17 yr old in rasa dance n romancing with radha. n this is how confusion arises.

While some major distortions in some mythological shows may be leading to disrespect for religion in movies, I would not place the entire blame on them because if someone genuinely respects religion and has that innate decency in them, they would never insult God in movies. That disrespect comes only because they've always felt religious people to be inferior to so-called "rational" people.

But I do agree that when mythological shows show wrong things, it can have consequences. The problem is that too many people place too much belief in Tv shows. While mythological shows are definitely interesting, they should never be taken as an ultimate source of the scriptures, whether they are old or new serials. Even the old ones made a lot of mistakes, and the new ones even more so. Mythological shows are meant to cultivate spirituality in people and make them interested in knowing more about God, but people should go to scriptures for the ultimate knowledge because to this day, no mythological show has been 100% accurate.

When people have blind faith in these mythological shows, then they will be fooled. It's the fault of both the audience and the directors of these shows.

AishuHiBawari

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
How about "Radha" from Student of the Year? That is probably the worst case of blasphemy in Bollywood. All the other hindu mythological references seem mild compared to it. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top