Mythological Masti

Mockery of Religion in Films? DT Note: Pg10 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 11

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
To be honest (and people may disagree), I think the new Ramayan by Sagar Pictures is a mockery of religion.Ouch It started off fine, but the show has gone totally off tune and the way they are writing Shri Ram's story is plain insulting! Viewers are not ignorant. They will not accept whatever lies are shown in the name of God. I personally was highly offended by the way the characters were portrayed in last week's episode. And juding from the promo for Sunday's episode, they've ruined the noble character of Bharat too.Unhappy

Here are the worst points of the show in my opinion:

1. Kaikeyi humiliating and taunting Sita right upon her entrance to Ayodhya as a bride.

2. Lakshman telling Parashuram that he'll kill him during Sita's Swayamvar (seriously, a Raghuvanshi threatening to kill a Brahmin!Ouch)

3. Kaushalya, Sumitra, Kaikeyi, and Dashrath forcing Ram to remarry the morning after his return to Ayodhya as a married man, right in front of Sita who is being portrayed as the typical weepy bahu.

4. Ram and Bharat competing for the throne of Ayodhya and Bharat coming out as the winner (WTH!).

5. Kaikeyi being portrayed as the cruel Sasuma while Sita is the typical damsel in distress bahu of indian television.

Watching last week's episode and the promo for Sunday, I am convinced that what I'm watching is NOT Ramayan. It's a typical saas-bahu soap and if this cannot be considered a mockery of religion, I don't know what else can.Ermm

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 26 October 2012 at 7:23pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMShivangBuch.Vrish..anishaa.mythili2visromcityoflightssubha2601

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mockery of Religion in Films? DT Note: Pg10 (Page 6)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Again, I don't mean to offend or hurt any fan and if I have done so, then forgive me. But I wrote everything as Ram bhakt, not a fan of any actor or show. I am not criticizing the actors of this Ramayan since who we like or dislike is very subjective, but the show as a whole has disappointed me and convinced me never to watch anything produced by Sagar Pictures again, unless it's a saas-bahu soap since they're very good at incorporating those into mythos. I am tired of getting disappointed with every SP show I watch.Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM.anishaa.mythili2

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

To be honest (and people may disagree), I think the new Ramayan by Sagar Pictures is a mockery of religion.Ouch It started off fine, but the show has gone totally off tune and the way they are writing Shri Ram's story is plain insulting! Viewers are not ignorant. They will not accept whatever lies are shown in the name of God. I personally was highly offended by the way the characters were portrayed in last week's episode. And juding from the promo for Sunday's episode, they've ruined the noble character of Bharat too.Unhappy

1. Kaikeyi humiliating and taunting Sita right upon her entrance to Ayodhya as a bride.

2. Lakshman telling Parashuram that he'll kill him during Sita's Swayamvar (seriously, a Raghuvanshi threatening to kill a Brahmin!Ouch)

3. Kaushalya, Sumitra, Kaikeyi, and Dashrath forcing Ram to remarry the morning after his return to Ayodhya as a married man, right in front of Sita who is being portrayed as the typical weepy bahu.

4. Ram and Bharat competing for the throne of Ayodhya and Bharat coming out as the winner (WTH!).

5. Kaikeyi being portrayed as the cruel Sasuma while Sita is the typical damsel in distress bahu of indian television.

Watching last week's episode and the promo for Sunday, I am convinced that what I'm watching is NOT Ramayan. It's a typical saas-bahu soap and if this cannot be considered a mockery of religion, I don't know what else can.Ermm

Shocking..!!! Everyone blamed Ekta for Kahaani Humaari Mahabharat Ki. But this shows that even  the Sagars are afraid of TRP ups and downs.

Meanwhile today I shall post one more popular comedy skit from our land with same Shakuntala-Dushyant story. If you read it, you will forgive the new Sagars for distorting Ramayana LOL. (Afterall, they aren't mocking it).

Edited by SahasranamaM - 26 October 2012 at 10:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

FindingShak

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SahasranamaM

Shocking..!!! Everyone blamed Ekta for Kahaani Humaari Mahabharat Ki. But this shows that even  the Sagars are afraid of TRP ups and downs.

Meanwhile today I shall post one more popular comedy skit from our land with same Shakuntala-Dushyant story. If you read it, you will forgive the new Sagars for distorting Ramayana LOL. (Afterall, they aren't mocking it).

That's true. This Ramayan is no different from Ekta's Mahabharat. Both distorted the story greatly for their purposes, though with Ramayan I don't understand why they're doing it as they keep losing TRPs every week because of the storyline. Viewers are not ignorant. If not on Mahabharat, they are well-versed on Ramayan so know what to expect. When the stories being shown are so unbelievably ridiculous, no one will want to see the show.

Looking forward to your comedy skit.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged

That's true. This Ramayan is no different from Ekta's Mahabharat. Both distorted the story greatly for their purposes, though with Ramayan I don't understand why they're doing it as they keep losing TRPs every week because of the storyline. Viewers are not ignorant. If not on Mahabharat, they are well-versed on Ramayan so know what to expect. When the stories being shown are so unbelievably ridiculous, no one will want to see the show.

Looking forward to your comedy skit.LOL

Hopefully today..! But I should stop with this one. Else it will gradually turn out to be a thread for posting such films/videos and literally we might become the ones responsible for promoting it thereby reciprocating the intention of this thread..~Shocked Fortunately or unfortunately such comedy shows/movie clippings are in abundance as far as Malayalam entertainment industry is concerned.

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Hopefully today..! But I should stop with this one. Else it will gradually turn out to be a thread for posting such films/videos and literally we might become the ones responsible for promoting it thereby reciprocating the intention of this thread..~Shocked Fortunately or unfortunately such comedy shows/movie clippings are in abundance as far as Malayalam entertainment industry is concerned.

I don't think this thread will promote such films or shows. In fact, it will raise awareness among people to speak out against them. These types of dialogues and skits are common in Telugu too.

SahasranamaM

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Another mythological show I find offensive is Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali. The show started out well (from the episodes I've seen) but then it totally butchered Lord Hanuman's story.Unhappy There is so much fiction in the storyline that it really doesn't feel like I'm watching Ramayan from Hanumanji's perspective. It's just another typical soap taking the name of a mytho.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top