Originally posted by SahasranamaM
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunathTo be honest (and people may disagree), I think the new Ramayan by Sagar Pictures is a mockery of religion. It started off fine, but the show has gone totally off tune and the way they are writing Shri Ram's story is plain insulting! Viewers are not ignorant. They will not accept whatever lies are shown in the name of God. I personally was highly offended by the way the characters were portrayed in last week's episode. And juding from the promo for Sunday's episode, they've ruined the noble character of Bharat too.
Here are the worst points of the show in my opinion:
1. Kaikeyi humiliating and taunting Sita right upon her entrance to Ayodhya as a bride.
2. Lakshman telling Parashuram that he'll kill him during Sita's Swayamvar (seriously, a Raghuvanshi threatening to kill a Brahmin!)
3. Kaushalya, Sumitra, Kaikeyi, and Dashrath forcing Ram to remarry the morning after his return to Ayodhya as a married man, right in front of Sita who is being portrayed as the typical weepy bahu.
4. Ram and Bharat competing for the throne of Ayodhya and Bharat coming out as the winner (WTH!).
5. Kaikeyi being portrayed as the cruel Sasuma while Sita is the typical damsel in distress bahu of indian television.
Watching last week's episode and the promo for Sunday, I am convinced that what I'm watching is NOT Ramayan. It's a typical saas-bahu soap and if this cannot be considered a mockery of religion, I don't know what else can.
Shocking..!!! Everyone blamed Ekta for Kahaani Humaari Mahabharat Ki. But this shows that even the Sagars are afraid of TRP ups and downs.
Meanwhile today I shall post one more popular comedy skit from our land with same Shakuntala-Dushyant story. If you read it, you will forgive the new Sagars for distorting Ramayana
. (Afterall, they aren't mocking it).
That's true. This Ramayan is no different from Ekta's Mahabharat. Both distorted the story greatly for their purposes, though with Ramayan I don't understand why they're doing it as they keep losing TRPs every week because of the storyline. Viewers are not ignorant. If not on Mahabharat, they are well-versed on Ramayan so know what to expect. When the stories being shown are so unbelievably ridiculous, no one will want to see the show.
Looking forward to your comedy skit.