Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SahasranamaM thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

To be honest (and people may disagree), I think the new Ramayan by Sagar Pictures is a mockery of religion. It started off fine, but the show has gone totally off tune and the way they are writing Shri Ram's story is plain insulting! Viewers are not ignorant. They will not accept whatever lies are shown in the name of God. I personally was highly offended by the way the characters were portrayed in last week's episode. And juding from the promo for Sunday's episode, they've ruined the noble character of Bharat too.๐Ÿ˜”

Here are the worst points of the show in my opinion:

1. Kaikeyi humiliating and taunting Sita right upon her entrance to Ayodhya as a bride.

2. Lakshman telling Parashuram that he'll kill him during Sita's Swayamvar (seriously, a Raghuvanshi threatening to kill a Brahmin!)

3. Kaushalya, Sumitra, Kaikeyi, and Dashrath forcing Ram to remarry the morning after his return to Ayodhya as a married man, right in front of Sita who is being portrayed as the typical weepy bahu.

4. Ram and Bharat competing for the throne of Ayodhya and Bharat coming out as the winner (WTH!).

5. Kaikeyi being portrayed as the cruel Sasuma while Sita is the typical damsel in distress bahu of indian television.

Watching last week's episode and the promo for Sunday, I am convinced that what I'm watching is NOT Ramayan. It's a typical saas-bahu soap and if this cannot be considered a mockery of religion, I don't know what else can.๐Ÿค”

Shocking..!!! Everyone blamed Ekta for Kahaani Humaari Mahabharat Ki. But this shows that even  the Sagars are afraid of TRP ups and downs.

Meanwhile today I shall post one more popular comedy skit from our land with same Shakuntala-Dushyant story. If you read it, you will forgive the new Sagars for distorting Ramayana ๐Ÿ˜†. (Afterall, they aren't mocking it).
Edited by SahasranamaM - 11 years ago
Interesting topic!

Will bookmark this for now.

Religion, God and Mythology are different things. So I will add my cents after reading the entire thread.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: SahasranamaM

Shocking..!!! Everyone blamed Ekta for Kahaani Humaari Mahabharat Ki. But this shows that even  the Sagars are afraid of TRP ups and downs.

Meanwhile today I shall post one more popular comedy skit from our land with same Shakuntala-Dushyant story. If you read it, you will forgive the new Sagars for distorting Ramayana ๐Ÿ˜†. (Afterall, they aren't mocking it).

That's true. This Ramayan is no different from Ekta's Mahabharat. Both distorted the story greatly for their purposes, though with Ramayan I don't understand why they're doing it as they keep losing TRPs every week because of the storyline. Viewers are not ignorant. If not on Mahabharat, they are well-versed on Ramayan so know what to expect. When the stories being shown are so unbelievably ridiculous, no one will want to see the show.

Looking forward to your comedy skit.๐Ÿ˜†
SahasranamaM thumbnail

That's true. This Ramayan is no different from Ekta's Mahabharat. Both distorted the story greatly for their purposes, though with Ramayan I don't understand why they're doing it as they keep losing TRPs every week because of the storyline. Viewers are not ignorant. If not on Mahabharat, they are well-versed on Ramayan so know what to expect. When the stories being shown are so unbelievably ridiculous, no one will want to see the show.

Looking forward to your comedy skit.๐Ÿ˜†

Hopefully today..! But I should stop with this one. Else it will gradually turn out to be a thread for posting such films/videos and literally we might become the ones responsible for promoting it thereby reciprocating the intention of this thread..~๐Ÿ˜ฒ Fortunately or unfortunately such comedy shows/movie clippings are in abundance as far as Malayalam entertainment industry is concerned.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: SahasranamaM

Hopefully today..! But I should stop with this one. Else it will gradually turn out to be a thread for posting such films/videos and literally we might become the ones responsible for promoting it thereby reciprocating the intention of this thread..~๐Ÿ˜ฒ Fortunately or unfortunately such comedy shows/movie clippings are in abundance as far as Malayalam entertainment industry is concerned.

I don't think this thread will promote such films or shows. In fact, it will raise awareness among people to speak out against them. These types of dialogues and skits are common in Telugu too.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Another mythological show I find offensive is Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali. The show started out well (from the episodes I've seen) but then it totally butchered Lord Hanuman's story.๐Ÿ˜” There is so much fiction in the storyline that it really doesn't feel like I'm watching Ramayan from Hanumanji's perspective. It's just another typical soap taking the name of a mytho.
SahasranamaM thumbnail

I don't think this thread will promote such films or shows. In fact, it will raise awareness among people to speak out against them. These types of dialogues and skits are common in Telugu too.

Hmm...but what I have found is that even though Telugu people come with such spoofs, they have a good population who still respect mytho movies. The best example would be Sreeramarajyam. But in Malayalam film industry, none can ever imagine coming out with a film related to our epics, no matter even if it is a technically perfect movie in all terms. The mass audience here will just boo..!
SahasranamaM thumbnail
I tried translating..But got irritated after 3-4 minutes..!!
SO just posting the video. Watch from 17:00 to 27:28..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flAZrRFPkxM&feature=related
arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
gr8 topic raised Anisha!๐Ÿ‘
I also agree that films has made mockery of our beautiful Religion!I remember in one movie Aftaab Shivdasaani saying-"Krishna kare to raasleela hum karein to character dheela"...even as Lola di pointed our Charachter dheela song...was so insulting...why ppl take Krishna's name when they talk abt affairs??  I don't get if they don't know the whole story they must not indulge such a beloved and honorable character in vain...In Shreemad Bhagvat...it is written that Krishna was just 12 when he performed Rasleela...and we can't imagine a child doing any 'character dheela type' things at this tender age.
Also Krishna's reason for marrying many wives wasn't wrong, actually, he saved the lives of all those women, who had lost their dignity and were afraid of the society! Krishna gave dem his name..today ppl disrespect women in many ways..I ask..can any1 today can take such a step to save women's dignity??๐Ÿ˜ฒ
If ppl don't know abt the greatness of a character, they mustn't  drag their names in vain!
 I was really upset frm one more movie 'Raavan' which starred Abhishek and Aishwarya..they also showed very disrespectful things abt Siya Ram...๐Ÿ˜ก When Aish returns to her husband and he comes to know that she's pregnant, he suspects her...this was really disgusting ..what these ppl are trying to portray out of Ram or Krishna's serene characters๐Ÿ˜ฒ

One more superhit serial "Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi" in that show everything was fine but a negetive character called Tripti says-"Bhaad mein gaye tumhare thakurji"

It was so bad!๐Ÿ˜ก I felt really very bad!๐Ÿ˜ก
Also in comedy circus they telecast mytho spl episodes...where they insult the mytho characters like anything!!
I remember one writer wrote a book on Draupadi, where he wrote that she was used to hv relation with many husbands...u see how ppl can fall, their hands don't tremble at all while pointing fingers on such a Sati๐Ÿ˜ญ n more humiliating was the fact that he added that Draupadi and Krishna had a love affair...๐Ÿ˜ญ
Media shows how Dhongi Baba/sadhus cheats ?? But have they shown how innocents cows of Krishna's are killed in many places and they celebrate Go Maas Mahotsava with full joy??๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ก I agree that every religion has fraud ppl in it...such ppl take an advantage of their own beautiful religions๐Ÿ˜ญ but only one religion is mostly dragged everywhere and no1 speaks...why??๐Ÿ˜ฒ
This happens mostly with our Hindu religion?? Why??๐Ÿ˜ญ coz this religion is always forgiving, aren't we taking our religion for granted๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Edited by arun-deeps - 11 years ago
SahasranamaM thumbnail
Originally posted by: arun-deeps

gr8 topic raised Anisha!๐Ÿ‘
This happens mostly with our Hindu religion?? Why??๐Ÿ˜ญ coz this religion is always forgiving, aren't we taking our religion for granted๐Ÿ˜ฒ

That's exactly the same thought which we share Arun-Deeps. The problem is that majority of the Hindus aren't concerned/worried about it (The fact is that they are ignorant. So what makes them bother??!!). Whereas it is different when we consider other religions. They start learning about it right from age of 3 or 4 and will gradually develop a respect toward it which will never gets down due to their regular practices in the church/mosque. But there are no such compulsory schools for Hindus. Their only scope for knowledge of religion is through grandparents(which is almost a rare species in nuclear families) and parents (this generation parents are even not aware of it much..even if they knew, the would have forgotten it due to the busy schedule and need not consider it to be important anymore in this world. Instead, they want their children to spend time studying about time management, goals, ambitions, investment, social status..blah..blah..blah..). The only remaining chance is though an ACK or TV serials. (and I strongly feel majority of the Hindu youth doesn't consider it as something important).

And obviously, that is the reason why fellows from other religions would protest if their beliefs are harmed though an art form, but Hindus remain mum/enjoy since they haven't developed any emotional attachment towards it.