Retro Reel #3 - Raw, Violence & Realistic

sahi. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Retro Reel #3 - Raw, Violence & Realistic

This week I am going to do the Retro Reel. Basically Retro Reel we have to choose a movie and discuss about the movie and it has been started by SylvaniaLUX

The movie I pick for this week is Pudhupettai which was released on 2006. Pudhupettai is a gangster movie each and every scene was potrayed in a realistic way. Basically pudhupettai is about viloence, drugs, rowdism and also they have used more violence and blood in this film. Pudhupettai is strictly for mature audience not for kids or unmatured audience. This movie get a acclaimed review from all around the world and it also Selvaraghavan the best movie but unfortunately pudhupettai only did average business.

Dhanush, Sneha and Soniya Agarwal has acted in the lead roles. Pudhupettai is the third colloboration of the brother Dhanush and Selvaraghavan. It also noted that Pudhupettai is the last colloboration between Yuvan Shankar Raja and Selvaraghavan. Yuvan Shankar Raja music and Bgm has got a critical acclaimed Status. It also touted that  Pudhupettai is one of the best Gangster movie of kollywood.

Plot

The story is set in the backdrop of the slums of Pudhupettai in Chennai, as the title suggests, where a high school kid Kokki Kumar (Dhanush) sees his mom dead after he comes back from watching a movie. His father, the murderer is also planning to kill his son Kumar. Kumar sensing danger runs away from home. Homeless and with no food Kumar resorts to begging until he is falsely arrested while standing by and watching a commotion on the street. In jail he befriends handymen of a local goon who take Kumar with them and give him petty jobs to do. In a confrontation with goons of another gang Kumar kills the brother of his enemy gang's head Moorthi thus earning the respect of his gang and making enemies for himself both within his gang and outside.

Krishnaveni (Sneha) is a prostitute who also works under Anbu. Kumar falls in love with Krishnaveni and challenge Anbu to release her. Anbu in return beats Krishnaveni and orders to kill Kumar. Kumar approaches Anbu and asks to pardon him but Anbu wonders if it would be possible cancel the order to kill Kumar. Kumar infuriated kills Anbu and approaches Thalaivar (Azhagam Perumal). Thalaivar says if he could survive until the next day morning from Anbu's goon, who is seeking revenge, he would be bestowed with Anbu's area for business. Kumar survives and Thalaivar keeps him in place of Anbu.

Kumar grows even further in the don world. He kills his father and his hench men. Murthy is stabbed by Kumar's men. Kumar joins Thalaivar's political party for immunity from police and arrests.

He then meets Selvi (Sonia Agarwal) on the eve of her wedding and falls in love with her and marries her forcibly during her wedding ceremony. Selvi is the sister of his favorite henchman who now becomes his sworn enemy and joins the enemy gang. Slowly Kumar starts accumulating serious enemies and eventually everyone start targeting for Kumar's head. Does Kumar survive the wrath of his enemies? forms the rest of the story.

Edited by Ravi. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sahi. thumbnail
 Pudhupettai Full Moive
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKqehwnDXc&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]
What is Politics - Pudhupettai One of the best Scenes
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Tpzf13FIE[/YOUTUBE]
Dhanush hitten by Murthy Gang
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TactQ8pw50[/YOUTUBE]
Pudhupettai Best BGM
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3bPEIijRII[/YOTUUBE]
Enga Area Video Song
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmOdGwYU44[/YOTUBE]
Pul Pesum Video Song
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5b8YGpcRIs[/YOUTUBE]
Variya Variya Video Song
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfPojVUQbPw[/YOUTUBE]
Pudhupettai Methuvai Inge Emotion song
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kejunz7bhhk[/YOUTUBE]
Pudhupettai Outstanding Climax
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bj9s2O6EI[/YOUTUBE]

sahi. thumbnail
My View

Pudhupettai release in 2006 while I watch in 2006 i didn't like it and I didn't also understand the movie. Then after 4 years While i got matured I watch in second time as many of the cinema lovers are raving about Pudhupettai so I want to try pudhupettai again so Watch it again. While I watch pudhupettai second time I was matured I loved the film a lot no words to describe about the film it is simple outstanding. Strongly Pudhupettai is not for kids as they have to be mature enough to handle the content of the film so strictly it is for adults and cinam lovers.

Each and every scene selvaraghavan sethuki irukaaru he should have get a national award for this movie but he missed it.. :(

There are many fav scenes for me in this movie first favourite scene is while dhanush bayanthagoli ah irukkum pothu he will be caught by murthy gang they will be hurting dhanush a lot but he will be hurt sevierly but still Dhanush is steady and Dhanush will only hit two times to murthy brother he will be died so there itself he will turn into a gangster it was portayed beautifully by Selvaraghavan. Next Favourite scene was toward the intermission as Dhanush will be killing his father and all the enimiesand they will show a transformation in Dhanush character as he has become a full and full gangster he has no fear that was also portayed beautifully. Next Favourite scene was dhanush and sneha comes for Dhanush friend marriage but his friend will say to dhanush u have to give the Thaali to my brother in law but unfortunately dhanush at that time he will married sonia agarwal without asking anyone permission that was also a masterpiece scene. Next scene was Dhanush married sneha and sneha will give birth to a child dhanush will loook at the baby closer as he is checking that his baby is looking like him because sneha is a prostitue so he has some doubts that the baby is his it also potrayed very brillantly. Next fav scene was Dhanush will put his child in the garbage check dhanush acting in that scene that is brillaint and the last favourite was climax it is a outstanding climax.

As I have more and more favourite scens from this movie as Pudhupettai is my all time favourite.

In pudhupettai also there are some scenes like one man beat 100 men something like that but but but it was not at all shown in a crap masala way it was shown in a realistic way. This is what the masala filmakers have to learn from Selvaraghavan he used the violence in very different way.

Pudhupettai bgm still in my all time favourite list Yuvan poonthu vilaiyaditaru U can check the movie outstanding bgm during the emotion scene everyone will feel sad during the action scene bgm is very unique each and every scene  the bgm is that much powerful. Comiax bgm is very different.  U1 hats off to u to give a wonderful bgm and a excellent songs to us.

Dhanush acting is very brilliant  from Pudhupettai he didn't overact in any of the scenes he was so natural he scores in everything from pudhupettai he lives as kokki kumar . Sneha and Sonia Agarwal also did a outstanding job. Every support character are apt for their role most of the supporiting actors are new faces.

rechus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I didn't watch this movie...i rarely watch dhanush movies..u gave me clear abt this movie...
Roshini1494 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Naan indha padam pathadhey illa na...paakavum thonave illa...will watch soon...nd i thought u will do retro reel of some ajith movie...u proved me wrong πŸ€£
sahi. thumbnail
Originally posted by: rechus

I didn't watch this movie...i rarely watch dhanush movies..u gave me clear abt this movie...

Don't miss it akka u miss a good movie.. πŸ˜†
sahi. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Roshini1494

Naan indha padam pathadhey illa na...paakavum thonave illa...will watch soon...nd i thought u will do retro reel of some ajith movie...u proved me wrong πŸ€£

Thala padam panni irukalam but I want to do some cult film as pudhupettai is my all time favourite movie la so I want to do that only. And also that didn't get recognization from the audience but a very brilliant movie..athan pudhupettai pannan  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
πŸ˜† Edited by Ravi. - 11 years ago
Roshini1494 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Ravi.

Thala padam panni irukalam but I want to do some cult film as pudhupettai is my all time favourite movie la so I want to do that only. And also that didn't get recognization from the audience but a very brilliant movie..athan pudhupettai pannan  πŸ˜ƒ

Oh seri seri...naan pudhupettai konjam dhan pathuruken...onnumey puriyadhu... pakavum maten...enamo andha padam pakanum nu thoninadhey kedaiyadhu...jayatv la poduvaanga πŸ˜†
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
To be frank, i have watched this movie but i didn't like it. It was really violent and didn't like Sneha and Sonia's role. Dhanush actually spoiled the life of both the womens i would say and both had a tragic ending πŸ˜•
sahi. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Visha_Dhami

To be frank, i have watched this movie but i didn't like it. It was really violent and didn't like Sneha and Sonia's role. Dhanush actually spoiled the life of both the womens i would say and both had a tragic ending πŸ˜•

We have to matured enough to understand pudhupettai akka.. Selvaraghavan vanthu reality la enna nadakutho atha apdiyai potrayed panni irukaaru πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Oru gangster life na ipdi thaan irukkum athu reality so some r against that.. πŸ˜†

Selvaraghavan nenaichu iruntha ithu commercial ah satisfied panni irukalam masala audience ku kuthu song punch dialogue romance apdi ipdi nu but pannala because he want to show realityπŸ˜ƒ

Everyone won't like Puthupettai as it is some cult films only cinema lovers will love it and it is a reality..

Dhanush spoils two life that is also reality akka πŸ˜† U know in this world how many of them spoiling lifes na..