Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sreevask thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Ds had learnt life's lessons from the jolts n bolts... Rest didn't n hence the sorrow...
Jan50 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
DS has learned her lessons in her seventies after J betrayed her family. But not until then. What iam saying is, even in that traditional feudalistic set up some peoplevarevdifferent like her own sister. It is experience and exposure  that opens the minds of people. 
If that is the case you should allow the same reasoning for J also. Owning up mistakes may not be age related but experience related. Now J is also learning after a big jolt. 
But Ds's mistakes also arose from selfishness for her family( obviously not for her own personal self)
Like finding another bride for J , despite the fact that A took the bullet to save her pota. Inspite of being told by every one not to do that. Most of the mistakes are done by people who think they know best.
Definitely don't even compare what she did to her amily to what J did. If her mistakes arose out of her upbringing , so is J's.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
It is never too late to learn.Her sister may be different from her probably she had a different kind of a life.May be her life has taught her different lessons.

It is not necessary that wisdom comes with age and experience.Wisdom comes from one's ability to sit and think and analyse all the things that have gone wrong and learning lessons from that particular experience.Again this is not age related.It is related to ones ability to look within themselves and willingness to change themselves if necessary.

People can reach ripe old age without learning any lessons because they have dissociated themselves from those mistakes.

As I said before DS has committed blunders but she is willing to change.Nobody can say that she is too old and set in her ways to change.Jagya is her blunder and  she is owning up her blunder.

You are right.Jagya's mistakes can not be compared with that of  DS's mistakes.

Jan50 thumbnail
It is not only jag that is her blunder. True it came and stared straight at her and then she got the realization. What she lacked basically was humanism( insaniyat) which she her self admitted using h exact words. She her self was becoming a feudalistic lord like the males in that society. One can not blame tradition alone for her blunders. Having enjoyed control which she earned she does not want to give it up. 
Once her sister advised her saying" kallu, it is time now for you to let your sons and DIL run the house and take charge. You should be visiting kabhi and other holy places". To which she replied " no way. I can not see this house running with out me". This is exactly how dictators are.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Jagya is her blunder.Do dictators admit to lack humanity/humanism?

Why should she give up control?She has earned it.In fact what ever she has today are her hard earnings.
Why should she go to kashi and all the other places if she doesn't want to go?
Just because they are sisters that doesn't mean they have to be similar.
What is wrong if she wants to be around her family?If she said that she cannot see the house running without her it probably her way of expressing her desire to be with her family rather than go to Kashi.

In fact I would like to see her reciprocate Dadduji's friendly gesturesπŸ˜†
Edited by aparnauma - 11 years ago
Jan50 thumbnail
I am not saying she should go to kashi. I am just stating the conversation. She definitely can be less meddling with her sons and their families. Most of the problems in her house was because of this over control.she built the house but she can not live alone in it. She needs her children. 
Unfortunately most of the dictators we know get killed before they admit to their lack of humanism.
hooked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I find it very hard to read "buddhi" and "khoosat" words for my dear Dadisa. You don't have to like a character but insulting their age and calling them names is a bit extreme.

Now- the blames on DS - being inhumane.

Does anyone remember the episode where she said - mere paas beti nahi thhi, I only had sons so I never learnt what pain a girl's mom goes thru. This was said in reference to her witnessing how Anandi's life and thoughts of her future had wreched havoc on her mom's physical and emotional strength.

DS was as strict with Sugna when she became a widow and DS felt that "Vidhwa dharm" had to be observed by her exactly as she must've been expected to live it when she became a young widow. DS was not being cruel then - she was just doing what she thought was the "done" thing..

And eventually, it was the same DS who became part of Sugna's wedding and later also Asha's. DS learnt to move along with the times. 

---------
Jagya too needs a time to make mistakes and a time to realize them and atone for them. But whether he deserves forgiveness and will get it is a very different question. He lied, abused, accused, cheated everybody. Not just Anandi.

So he shud ask for forgiveness and apologize to - each person he was nasty to - and hope that they r feeling kindly.

Asking for forgiveness is one thing - he can do, but getting forgiven is entirely another. His crimes are different and everyone's tolerance and forgiveness levels can be different too. 

I wud like it if he gates accepted back into the Haveli as a son "eventually"    but as a husband he shud never be pardoned. 

-----------------
Very nice topic and a much required one.  I really get very upset when people bash up my dear adorable, spirited Dadisa. I so wish I cud just reach out and hug her. She reminds me of my grandma so much. Specially when she is being bossy and generous. She doesn't like people to see that she has a kind side. She likes to appear tough and starchy, but is actually so very very caring and sweet. Badi Masi described her as a coconut, and she was absolutely right. DS is a darling !
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks everyone for agreeing and disagreeing with me <3 <3.. πŸ˜ƒ

DS is jz making me happy and respect her SO much with every passing episode .. Jz cant stop writing about her.. So I would stop here.. πŸ˜ƒ

Surekha ji is an asset for Indian Tele.. And DS is the biggest asset of BV for me .. πŸ˜ƒ
BUDDH thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Okie guys, I am really surprised to see people comparing Jagya-Gauri's nonsense with Dadisa's old crimes .. As a DS fan, I felt of making this thread putting forth my opinion about it.. πŸ˜Š

First of all, let's have a look into DS's background.. She is portrayed as an old lady ( even pre-leap, she was a Dadi only ) from a rural village .. She had grown up in an environment where women are treated as commodities .. where number of incidents of 'female foeticide' is maximum ( Rajasthan ).. where education hadn't been available for women for AGES.. where the 'sarpanch' of a village makes separate law from actual Indian laws.. and they even refuse to believe the Indian laws if needed.. All they care about is 'social norms' and age-old customs no matter how regressive those are..

Now coming to Dadisa's characterization, she has been born and brought up in such environment.. Her life has been much cruel to her in initial days.. And when she reached her old days, she just returned life what she has got from them.. Agree all her methods, thoughts and everything was wrong.. But that was what her beliefs were.. She didn't do all those to 'hurt' people.. Whatever she does, what-ever, she does that out of STRONG faith in that and with ULTIMATE determination.. Her forcing ANandi to leave studies, not to let her play outside, forcing Gehna for a boy-kid, almost killing Basant's first wife.. and many MANY more.. But nothing came out of any 'personal' revenge.. If so, she would not been THAT dead against Sughna, her own grand-daughter's second marriage .. She even refused to see how happy her grand-daughter can be after her re-marriage.. And all these for what ? Just for the stupid superstitions and beliefs she had been brought up with..

True she became Sarpanch of her village in her end days, but life was not a bed of roses for her too !! She wasnt born with a silver spoon either.. She was in a haveli, where people like Mahabir Singh exist ! Did we all forget about the molestation attempt of that scumbag ? Did we all forget how DS struggled to come out of that haveli with a small kid in her lap ? If we come to think of it, DS got punishment for all her sins MUCH before she had committed those.. Nothing justifies DS's evil acts or the mental torture she had made her family members been through.. But those acts are the reflection of the traumatic period she has faced throughout her life as a woman !

It proves the reason behind forgiving THE Mahabir Singh - the scumbag as well 😊 No one in the world can take his side and justify his male chauvinistic act he did with DS.. But still he was forgiven by one and all.. Why ? Cuz of the similar reason.. These people come from an age where they were TAUGHT to behave this way.. These values were roped in their blood ..

Now at present age, DS and Mahabir Singh are reformed beyond imagination.. They were given a chance to change themselves, and they accepted that oppurtunity with grace.. And here lies the difference between Jagya-Gauri and people like DS and Mahabir Singh etc etc.. Jagya-Gauri are brought up in a much liberal society, age-old norms ( except for BV ) seem to have loosened up a bit.. Women were allowed to go to skool.. They were given a chance to differentiate between Right and Wrong.. And even in such environment, these two people FAILED, absolutely miserably failed to judge what is right and what's wrong.. The misakes they have made, might not seem heavier than those of made by DS and MS, but if you go in depth, you'd see they are indeed much more unpardonable than DS's..

Firstly, Jagya-Gauri manipulated, lied, betrayed .. played with human emotions.. These traits can not be inherited to someone cuz of environment or customs.. These are in genes.. And that can never be changed.. πŸ₯± Dadisa, no matter how cruel she was, never PLAYED with emotions or manipulated anyone to get her 'selfish' purpose done..

Secondly, Jagya's ego vs. Dadisa's self-esteem.. When DS realized her mistakes, realized how WRONG she was, everytime she personally went and apologized in fronta that person.. She not only repents at her realization, she rectifies those with so much grace that it doesnt look mistakes anymore.. There had been numerous examples of that.. Do I need to provide any ? But we cant say the same about Jagya.. forget about accepting mistakes, when he is reminded of his wrong-doings, all he does is 'Blaming' others.. aquiring some stupid ego ( donno from where he even gets it πŸ₯± ) and cry and then do NOTHING except having self-pity..

Thirdly, DS might be extremely cruel in her earlier days, but even she did few selfless acts.. She gave a new life to Basant when she could simply leave her at the haveli to rot.. She never ever let Basant feel that he was not her own son.. In fact she adored him more than her own son.. 😊 Which shows that her intentions behind any of her act can not be 'Selfish' and 'hurting family members intentionally'.. By all means, she put her family above everything.. But Jagya-Gauri.. OMG, their family values are just beyond discussion 🀒.. The selfish duo can leave the whole world for each other.. Family comes last in their priority list.. Jagya was as happy as ever before he came to know about Gauri's deeds.. He cares two hoots about his family.. And this thing you can not change with time either..

All I would say is, DS's mistakes can not even be compared with Jagya-Gauri's ones.. Dadisa's mistakes were circumstances-driven.. JaGa's ones are intentional and selfish.. DS thought by doing those cruel acts she is taking care of her family.. no matter how wrong she was, her motive was well-being of her family.. But JaGa doesnt have any values inside them.. They are just plain selfish, mean and betrayor.. These traits can be controlled to an extent for a period, but you can not diminish or erase them completely from them.. That is why DS's mistakes can be forgiven as she drastically changed her thought process and became liberal, but Jaga's mistakes are unpardonable cuz they have 100% possibilities to re-appear..

Thanks.. πŸ˜›

Too long boss  😭