Pavitra Rishta

Arvi an infatuation or love? 1st love or

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cyrine

cyrine

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 4:37pm | IP Logged

Arvi – an infatuation or love? "First love" or "love of life"?

Arjun fell in love first, he convinced Poorvi of his love and have tried to convince her ever since. He admitted first, he always took the first step in their short lived romance/relationship. Poorvi on the other hand was unknown of Arjuns feelings, she misunderstood him a couple of times bu finally gave in and admitted that she also loves him. She did not struggle (like Arjun did by working as a mechanic and living in a chawl) for her love; she got it on a silver plate served by Arjun himself who by the way had been slapped and insulted for acknowledging his love.  And when the testing time for Poorvi came, she failed and sold out Arjun.

Poorvi's being adopted and for that reason felt it as an obligation towards Archana and therefore she chose her mother's happiness in front her lovers … what can be more said about this issue? She had to make a decision and out of gratitude or out of sanctity she made her choice and she has to live with it for the rest of her life. Although she asked too much of Arjun, Poorvi might become the reason for her Ay's happiness but she did destroy Arjuns life.

Coming to the point that it might have been an infatuation for Porrvi all along, it is difficult to distinguish between "love" and "infatuation"

Infatuation (Poorvi)-  intense feelings, sweaty palms and fats heartbeat and at times butterflies in the stomach, an intensity hat that took over her life. Remembering her conversations with Arjun and being thrilled for meeting him. It is hormones and dopamine involved. That is just about it. And infatuation can turn to love (but she have lost that chance now.)

Love (Arjun) - although he is intense he is also calm, there is a kind of stability in his feelings, he would never even consider leaving poorvi, his emotions are much deeper and can last a life time. It is about struggling for the happiness of the other.  

Infatuation is uncomplicated, everything you do is because you want to,, because it brings one pleasure to do things for the other.

Love is complicated – one do things that brings you no pleasure but you do it because you want to, either because it is a fair thing to do or it is for the happiness of the other. (Arjun becoming a mechanic and living a simplistic life). He made compromises (which is extremely important in love)  all the way to reach to Poorvi. When he finally did, she left him.

She is suffering because of what she did, but rightfully so. Being adopted does not mean abandoning the person who risks his life for you. Archana have never, ever made her feel like if she is adopted. So why did she do it when Ovi herself told her that Archana had refused to give in to her deal. She should have understood that Ovi is just a obsessive lover.

Bottom line: if Poorvi had really loved Arjun from the bottom of her heart, she would not have chosen to lt him suffer and be unhappy. Because love s about giving happiness.

This all reminds me of Dhadkan movie- where shilpa choses her fathers happiness in front of her lovers, a lover she had promised to never leave just like Poorvi did. She goes on to marry another guy who is truly a wonderful man and is happy with him because she finds "love" with him.

The same might happen with Poorvi, the lne that Poorvi said before she admitted he love to arjun at the Airport, she said that she has lost her first love "pehla Pyaar" when she found out that Arjuns plane have lifted. I keep thiking about that line – Pehla pyaar – first love.

Arjun might have been Porrvis "first love", pehla pyaar ( I would call it an infatuation) but I doubt that he is "the love of her life". For Arjun Porrvi is "the love of his life". Unfortunately it is not the other way around.

As another post suggested that Poorvi might be with child, this might be possible because with so much intense feelings involved and wedding around the corner, Poorvi might have given in and they might have already made love, if that happens as another member have suggested, Sachin might come I the picture and marry Poorvi, because that is similar to his own life's reality.Who know Sachin might be "Ram" for Poorvi as it was for Shilpa n dhadkan. Honestly I like Sachins character and he does deserve to find love in his life.  

But one thing is sure, if Poorvi or Arjun think that marriage is a joke and they can get married at any time and get it annulled whenever they wish, they are wrong! Marriage is a serious relationship where two people promise to be there for one another in health and in sickness, through thick and thin. As regards Arvi, only Arjun did all those things. I believe that this is one- sided love. Poorvis infatuation might have developed into love if give the time, something they don't have.

I have been an Arvi fan from the beginning and I always will be. But Since Arjun is married, Poorvi should back off, marriage is a holy union and Poorvi is not the type that is a marriage wrecker. She should try to start a new life. It will be much harder for Arjun though, because he was not given a choice.

One thing is for sure, after Arjun- Ovi wedding there is no possibility for a Arvi reunion any time soon because Poorvi as "the other woman" is not appealing.

Besides even if it is true love from both of the sides – Arjun and Poorvi… not everyone is that lucky to get married and be with the love of their lives. Laila- Majnu, Farhad- Shirin are a few of them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.logssherma

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Arvi an infatuation or love? 1st love or" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top