Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by vishakha

Peaches, I still fail to understand your definition of perfect lover. Can you please elaborate?
I completely agree with you Rumi.

Well, let be first begin with saying that "perfect" is a very subjective thing.  There is no such thing as the "perfect lover" because there is nothing to define what that is.

So having said that....I'm not saying that I'm a Purab fan or an Armaan fan, but I turly believe that Armaan is not totally deserving of so much credit just because of the way he's protrayed in JJKN.

The reason why i do believe that Jassi and Armaan should be together is because she loves him and he loves her.  If she wants to be with them than fine, but that doesn't mean that he's the best person for her.  Sometime we're so blind in our love that we dont' know what's right or wrong.  People in love sometimes do make wrong decisions.

The reason why I don't give Armaan the status of being close to a "perfect lover" is because of many factors.

Just becase someone is shown to be "madly" in love with you doens't mean everything.  It just shows that you have a weak mind.  People get obsessed and depressed because they don't have the will power to deal with a broke heart or the situation at hand.  These are the people that end up going to conunceling and mental therapy.  Armaan eats, drinks, sleeps, thinks only about Jassi ....nothing else.  It's almost as if he doens't realize who he is. 

I'm almost certain that if it was the other way around, and Armaan was in Purab's shoes, he would try and force Jassi to be his and force her to accept his love.

I also believe that to be anything close to a pefect lover one has to start being a perfect human being.  If you neglect the love by not showing your father how much you care about him and his feelings, how can your love towards your partner be genuin??

It's a totally turn-off to see Armaan act this way. If I was Jassi, I would more attracted at the way Purab carries himself and portrays himself.  I don't agree that Armaan loves Jassi more than Purab.  They equally have the same amount of love for her.  Armaan is just weeker that's all. 

Purab is suffering from a heart break as well, but he controls his emotions to some extent becuase that's a sign of a person with a strong mind which Armaan does not have.  He's allwoing his emotions to take over his whole life and that's not normal.

Again these are just my views!!

Thanks

Once more....i agree with peaches on most of the points.

According to me, a person who tries to touch somebody elses hand to feel his beloved and fails to realise that it's actually her whom he has touched; is not a perfect lover but obcessed lover. A person who dosen't care for his family, his company and is just lost in his own world of dreaming about his love can not be called perfect lover.

According to me, both Armaan and Purab love Jassi and just because Jassi loves Armaan back dosen't mean that his love is perfect and Purab's love is less.
Originally posted by bollygal

wudnt armaan be like a perfect luver    heres how

fine at the begining he was an idiot but then he started really loving jassi and (for once) not for her looks but for her personality and that wot u call tru luv??

it wud b soo nice if that happened in real life naa???

girl in real life these kind of stuff don't happen, thats y v watch tv show n make r self happy.. in reailty love is crap, it does not exict..(i 4 got how to spell)n e way. love is jsut bunch of crap..........

❤️❤️❤️EasT Or WEst SALMAN iS dA bEST❤️❤️❤️

Originally posted by tina59

i think arman helping jassi's family was not out of guilt but out of love,he did it coz he couldnt bear to see his jassi's family being harassed in her absence and thus he went to any extent to protect them and even in the house selling track ,he said jassi will come back only to this house and offered to help and this again is not his guilt but his love.He did clear jassi's name by taking all blame on himself,by getting the signatures from all board of directors that they would not trouble jassi's family again or arrest jassi.his dilemma is that he is not able to express his love to jassi as he doesnt know where she is ,to tell herthat he has changed and  trying to change himself for the better.

anyway each person has a diff idea of a perfect lover.arman for me is a prefect lover in my opinion.

Tina I respect your idea of a "perfect lover", but up made a point in your response that i just want to discuss further.  

Armaan feels all this love for Jassi's family, about what they have been going through.  Which is good....not issues here! 

I admit, I had tears in my eays becaues of the way Jassi's family was hurting.  Trust me I when I say that I see so much of my father in Billu, my father used to be so much like him, so pat of this show is a special to me in some ways.

But why did T&D show that conversation with Armaan and his father.  What was the point of that?  He made a promise to his poor father as well.  Can you imagine how he must feel?? Armaan proved himself to Jassi, that he's a good person and how he's sorry for hurting her.  So he manages to take care of their needs, but what about the needs to his family?  Is Malkia and Aryan only responsible for GM, is not Armaan's duty to be as involved as they are.  Mean while is only reaction that GM is not there's but in the hands of a total stranger ....is "can I kiss your hand" 

What about correcting the mistakes that he made as a son and as a former CEO of GM?  Just becasue Mr. Suri is rich and not from the same social class as Billu, doesn't mean that his feelings don't count.  He gave Armaan a second change to prove  himself,.....but what does he do???

"OH Jessica can I kiss your hands and look into your eyes as they have touched and seen Jassi"....I'm really sorry but if my lover was doing that....it would be time for a new lover in my life"

Armaan specifically promised his fatther that he would make some serious changes in Gm, and that he would be the one to bust his ass to bring it back up and running.  Not such thing!

If you want to blame T&D for this than that's one thing, but if these are the facts.....then Armaan is of no other use, but just being so self absorbed in his love, and his emotions, and his feelings.

Originally posted by peaches

I don't know how to really answer that question.....sometimes I think that is more of an obsession than love. 

I'm not saying that Armaan is not sincere with his emotions,  but the fact that Jassi left is also a refection to him too.

Maybe he's just obsessed (but not in a bad way) in trying to possess her since she's the first girl that has technically rejected his love.  It's made him crazy that he hasn't been successful in convincing him that he's her prince charming.

This whole Devdas and depression is just a frustration of the circumstance....but in my eyes doesn't necessarily mean love.

Look at Purab, he too truly loves Jassi and know he can't be with her becase he's not in her heart like Armaan is.  But he's so calm about the whole thing

There's a night and day difference between these two individuals, and both of them love Jassi dearly.

So I guess to answer the question....just becuase Armaan is put's on a freak show act doens't mean that he's the perfect lover.

Thanks

Very well said Peaches!!! 👏 👏 👏 

agreed......Armaan is trying to be better human being.....but only for Jassi and her family.....what about his own family?

i agree with u totally on those points that arman made a promise to his father and screwed up big time coz after that they showed him always being in jassi;s house and that aspect even i didnt like abt it.

but i am talking abt a [prefect lover ,lover so i would like to see it in that angle , from jassi's angle.........he loves her so much,he has canged so much for the better,he thinks abt her all the time.....he yarns for her so much that he touches the hands of another person just because that person has touched jassi, so that he can feel her ,he is very passionate abt his love and will go to any extent to prove his love (not in an evil way though).

i admit purab is a great lover too but in my opinion, i prefer one who shows a little emotions for his love, imean he has by far shown no emotions for his love ,the only time was when he atleast felt some jealousy towards arman thats all .I would like to see a lover who fights for his love ,thats why i prefer armans way of love who tried till his last to reach jassi (the sirport scene) and even after that went t her house t find out where she has gone.

i do admit though that he should concentrate abt his work and his promise that he made and be responsible ,but i also feel that he is a perfect lover based on my idea of a perfect lover.

also my arman not feeling jassi 's touch when he touched jessica ,this is the way i look at it

he touched jessica to feel jassi and i am sure he felt it too and he must have thought that since jesica touched jassi he is feeling it ,otherwise is there any reason in his wildest imagination to think that jassi would have transformed and turned into jessica,no way

he has a picture of only and only the old jassi with specs and braces why would he even think that jassi might be jessica though i beleive that he should get some doubts though which he is

Originally posted by tina59

i agree with u totally on those points that arman made a promise to his father and screwed up big time coz after that they showed him always being in jassi;s house and that aspect even i didnt like abt it.

but i am talking abt a [prefect lover ,lover so i would like to see it in that angle , from jassi's angle.........he loves her so much,he has canged so much for the better,he thinks abt her all the time.....he yarns for her so much that he touches the hands of another person just because that person has touched jassi, so that he can feel her ,he is very passionate abt his love and will go to any extent to prove his love (not in an evil way though).

i admit purab is a great lover too but in my opinion, i prefer one who shows a little emotions for his love, imean he has by far shown no emotions for his love ,the only time was when he atleast felt some jealousy towards arman thats all .I would like to see a lover who fights for his love ,thats why i prefer armans way of love who tried till his last to reach jassi (the sirport scene) and even after that went t her house t find out where she has gone.

i do admit though that he should concentrate abt his work and his promise that he made and be responsible ,but i also feel that he is a perfect lover based on my idea of a perfect lover.

also my arman not feeling jassi 's touch when he touched jessica ,this is the way i look at it

he touched jessica to feel jassi and i am sure he felt it too and he must have thought that since jesica touched jassi he is feeling it ,otherwise is there any reason in his wildest imagination to think that jassi would have transformed and turned into jessica,no way

he has a picture of only and only the old jassi with specs and braces why would he even think that jassi might be jessica though i beleive that he should get some doubts though which he is

Tina!!!  I understand your views.  😊.  Just one thing, if ever you do find a lover like Armaan, just be a little careful.  Right now it's all cute the way he's madly in lover, but these cute tendencies often can lead to not so nice things! 

Obsession and control always starts out first being cute but late can lead to something serious if it's not dealt with now.

But then again you're a smart gal and I'm sure you know how to keep your man in check....😉 

Originally posted by vishakha

OMG, once again there is a comparison between Armaan's love and Purab's love. Folks, Armaan and Jassi love each other and that's what really matters. It is simple -
Fernando did not give money to Armaan but he gave him Jassi.
T&D gave Purab all the money in the world but did not give him Jassi's love.
There could be 100 others who might love Jassi in a calm way as Purab and there could be 1000 others who might offer her shoulder service. Does it really matter? This is A_J story. Jassi's passionate love for Armaan and Armaan's passionate love for Jassi. Purab, Raj and other silent lovers should understand and give up.

Perfectly said, 👏👏👏

I still dont understand why is there a discussion on definition of perfect lover. How can one measure or evaluate love in terms of perfection ? Armaan loves Jassi and Jassi loves Armaan, period.