Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

do descendants of saints exist? edited (Page 3)

-The_Tomboy- IF-Dazzler
-The_Tomboy-
-The_Tomboy-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
@shruti nt ncessarily they have a connection but ya most cases the people from the same  community have the same mother tongue!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nymphadora-

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gowri05

@shruti mangeshi goa??? my aunts in laws have the same kuldevata!! btw I am gowri!! and my mother tongue is konkani!!! What is ur mother tongue??? 
my mother tongue is Konkani too...Big smile
actually Mangueshi temple has two Gotras under it...one is Kaundinya,the other i dont remeber very clearly...
but its the kuldevta of two gotras!
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
actually both my parents are from the same gotra,but diffrent regions-but they arent exactly related through blood-they are distantly related through marriage!,infact in my family we have had lots of close relation marriages...ofcourse the effects of those close marriages have an effect till date
its very common here to have marriages in close relations-aleast it used to be at the time of my parents and grand parents-right now the practice is more or less redundant
but however in the places like Haryana they take the Gotra system VERY seriously...marrying within the Gotra isnt allowed,honour killings take place even if the couple is from the same Gotra
jayvenk IF-Rockerz
jayvenk
jayvenk

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

actually both my parents are from the same gotra,but diffrent regions-but they arent exactly related through blood-they are distantly related through marriage!,infact in my family we have had lots of close relation marriages...ofcourse the effects of those close marriages have an effect till date
its very common here to have marriages in close relations-aleast it used to be at the time of my parents and grand parents-right now the practice is more or less redundant
but however in the places like Haryana they take the Gotra system VERY seriously...marrying within the Gotra isnt allowed,honour killings take place even if the couple is from the same Gotra

Shruti I am  an Iyer from kerala, we also follow the Gotra system religiously.. First question asked when hunting down a bride is to ask for the Gotra of Gotram as we call it. Approve

Edited by jayvenk - 09 September 2012 at 2:36am

.FairyDust.

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:48am | IP Logged
its completely opposite in my community...some of the cousins have married each other...can you imagine thatt?LOL...so when i first read about the Gotra system i was rather surprised!

.FairyDust.

Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gowri05

@aru and ary42 no its not a female shandilya is the grandson of rishi kashyapa and the founder of the gotr

thanks for this information
pari0706 IF-Rockerz
pari0706
pari0706

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayvenk

Originally posted by shruti.nil

@pari-hey im from kaundinya gotra as wellLOL...first time i know of someone won I-F from the same gotra as me!
the kuldevta of Kaundinya Gotra is Mangeshi,i.e ShivJi in Goa
so just a question,all people belonging to the same Gotra are from the same community and have the same mother toungue?
just out of curiosity!

No shruti, they are not from the same community , but yes,, somewhere way way way back there would have been a connection between all those with the same gothra,.

Shruti Hug my sister ...

besides I agree with jayvenk, because I don't have a kuldevta I have a kuldevi which is Chandi-Chamunda from Chotila in Gujarat and my mother tongue is Gujarati. So I am not sure how that works Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jayvenk.FairyDust.

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged
@pari yeah sistersHug
oh so there are Kaundinyas in Gujrat as well!thats intresting,i think all the members of the Gotras got dispersed in various areas,hence even if we are from the same Gotra we may not have the same mother toungue etc!
Rishi Kaundinya is supposed to be from North India,Kashmir to be presise hence there is such a possiblity!

pari0706

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index