do descendants of saints exist? edited - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ary42

hi sis. there is another of our cousins.
waise, i will be ur bro.

Hi bro... nice to meet u. πŸ˜Š
hey guys 

I am bhardwaj gotra and i have no idea where that started from. though my family are from gujrat but i know many who are from different parts of india. so i am not sure where it all started from. where did rishi bhardwaj part of india he was from.

anyone know?
Mine is Kashyap gotra too being Suryavanshi, who was from rishi Kashyap's side.
Wow!! minu den we r sister's... πŸ˜ƒ
Mine is Garg. Anybody else having Garg as gotra?
Originally posted by bhakti2009

hey guys 

I am bhardwaj gotra and i have no idea where that started from. though my family are from gujrat but i know many who are from different parts of india. so i am not sure where it all started from. where did rishi bhardwaj part of india he was from.

anyone know?

it's tough to trace back.
check this- my dad's dad is from barisal in present bangladesh, my dad's mom is from shantipur in wb, my mom's dad is from myamansingh in present bangladesh, my mom's mom is from tripura ( and bengali)
it's complicated.
Edited by ary42 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by mnx12

Mine is Kashyap gotra too being Suryavanshi, who was from rishi Kashyap's side.

my another sister . πŸ˜Š
😊 Edited by ary42 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@pari yeah sistersπŸ€—
oh so there are Kaundinyas in Gujrat as well!thats intresting,i think all the members of the Gotras got dispersed in various areas,hence even if we are from the same Gotra we may not have the same mother toungue etc!
Rishi Kaundinya is supposed to be from North India,Kashmir to be presise hence there is such a possiblity!

Well after this topic I was interested in this and was  talking to my mum. She told me that her gotra is Kaundinya but not mine as my gotra would be from my father, and his is Audchh Sahastra. That can be traced back to Rishi Bhrigu πŸ˜› so our Gotra is Bhargav. But that is not one of the 7 mentioned here so I am super confused now πŸ˜• ... any ideas anyone?
@mnx its not only from the saptarishis but also their descendents have their own line so maybe bhargav is one of the descendents of the saptarishis
Originally posted by Gowri05

@mnx its not only from the saptarishis but also their descendents have their own line so maybe bhargav is one of the descendents of the saptarishis

I suppose you are answering my question right πŸ˜† thanks anyway