SS: His Smiling Girl Thread 2: Part 21 Updt Pg 115 - Page 54

Posted: 11 years ago

Part 19

Arnav reluctantly turned away, knowing that he had to go home. Tomorrow was their wedding day, and the day would begin early with the haldi ceremony for the two couples. But to leave her behind...

Before he could take a step away from the bed, he felt her hand slipping into his.

He turned around, surprised.

"I am sorry, Arnavji!"

"For what?"

She sat up slowly. The blanket slipped away from her torso to pool around her waist. Her hand pulled him to sit by her.

She pulled him into her arms & cradled his head against hers.

"I am sorry, Arnavji! So sorry! I shouldn't have told you all this... I am sorry. It must have brought back bad memories for you. Babuji told me about your parents. I shouldn't have..."

"Sshh... Your Babuji said that what is past cannot be changed. He is right. Both of us have to live on." He eased himself into her arms, enjoying the warmth and the comfort that she was so willing to give him without any reservation.

"Khushi, we will be together, hamesha. You will never be alone again. And I don't want to be alone again."

Khushi nodded, her fingers in his hair, caressing his scalp, holding on to the short, unruly strands of his hair.

A while later, she said, "I feel much better, Arnavji. I haven't talked about my family in ten years, never told anyone other than Babuji & Amma about that night... I should not have kept it all inside. I should have talked about it."

Arnav nodded against her cheek.

"Shall I go now?", he asked softly.

Her arms tightened around him. He smiled against her neck.

"It is late.", he reminded her.

There was no response. He smiled.

"We have to be up early in the morning for haldi.", he reminded her softly.

Her arms slowly loosened, caressing every inch of his neck and shoulders they could touch on their way out.

Arnav left the room, and as he walked into the drawing room, saw Babuji, Buaji, and Amma waiting for him. They invited him to sit with them.

"Khushi must have been terrified when the lights went off.", said Babuji gently.

"Haan. Luckily Payal brought in a lit candle."

Babuji nodded, and Amma & Buaji sighed.

"She was talking about her parents and the accident.", he said softly.

The Guptas looked at him with pain in their eyes, a pain that was reflected in his.

Finally Babuji said softly, "Good. I am glad she talked to you about them."

A few minutes after Arnav left, Babuji phoned Nani to ask if both families could have the haldi ceremony together.

"Good moments are so few in life, Devyaniji. So I was thinking that we should celebrate them to the fullest with our loved ones enjoying them with us."

Nani, who was well-acquainted with loss and pain, was only too delighted.

The next morning, Amma & Buaji dressed Khushi & Payal for the haldi in white & red saris with lots of fragrant flowers in their hair and around their necks & wrists. Ladies from the neighbourhood came in droves with drums, ready to sing and make merry.

There was a slight noise at the door. Buaji looked up to see if more neighbours had dropped in. The Raizadas stood there in full force, smiling at her.

"Hai Re Nandkisore!"

The ladies laughed to see Buaji's expression of shock which was mirrored by Garima. They came in and hugged the Guptas while Babuji watched with an amused look on his face.

"Looks like Babuji didn't tell you that he invited us to have the haldi here!", laughed Anjali.

Amma & Buaji looked at Babuji in wonder. He laughed.

"We are the surprise guests." , Mami said. "Didn't the crow cry outsides your hause to infaarm (inform) you?"

The two families joined in the ensuing laughter.

Four seats were arranged for the brides & the grooms. Payal and Akash sat facing each other, Payal in a white & red sari & Akash in a white kurta. Khushi & Arnav sat in the remaining seats, Khushi by Payal & Arnav by Akash. A thin, transparent, blue dupatta was drawn between the boys & girls to maintain the proprieties.

Arnav feasted his eyes on the glowing face of Khushi, who was by no means backward in taking in the glory of Arnav Singh Raizada in his pristine white kurta. Payal & Akash were peeping at each other through the curtain.

Khushi leaned towards the dupatta, eager to tell Arnav something of importance. He leaned forward to hear her. She pulled down the dupatta a couple of inches and whispered in his ear. "You are looking so handsome in your white kurta, Arnavji. You look good in everything you wear, but in the white kurta, you look very dashing. Bilkul like a filmi hero!"

Arnav blushed.

"I will tell you how good you look tonight.", he whispered naughtily, his eyes not missing an inch of her in her white sari with a red border.

She looked at him with innocent eyes. "At the wedding?", she asked.

"No, later."

She frowned. "At the party after the wedding?"

"No, later."

She frowned into his wicked eyes. "When?"

(Chowna, thanx!)

Before Arnav could answer her query, NK shouted, "This is cheating. Punditji, punditji! This naughty boy is peeking over the dupatta and talking to the girl!"

All giggled.

Khushi scowled playfully at NK. "Nanheji, you just wait. I will take revenge for all this when you get married." She stole a look at Mili who was standing near Buaji and laughing.

NK followed her gaze, and said weakly, "It is alright, Punditji! Let them talk! Husband & wife he! Diya & balti (bathi) he! Let them talk."

The women clutched their stomachs laughing.

Buaji asked NK, "He Nandkisore! Don't you want to get married, bitwaa?"

"Yes, yes, I do." NK decided to use his chance to the fullest. "Buaji, I want to get married, but only to a girl from the family of my bhabis."

"Hein?" Mami opened her mouth like a fish gasping for air.

Mamaji, being naturally smart, asked, "Have you selected someone?"

"Yes." NK blushed.

"Some beautiful girl?"

Nk blushed again, and said in a dream, "She is a ghulam (gulab) in a garden of chaante (kaante)."

Mamaji almost had a heart attack. He asked, "Who is this rare specimen?"

"I can't tell you, but I can point her out to you.", NK whispered in Mamaji's ears. "She has 4 big brothers!"

"Acha? Then speech can be hazardous to your health. Point her out to me. I will talk to Madhumatiji."

NK pointed out Mili to Mamaji, who clapped him on his back for his fine choice.

The ladies had a lovely time covering Arnav, Akash, Khushi, & Payal in the turmeric mixture. The women sang,

Pehle hardi more baba

Chadhawe lan...

Pache sajan sab log

Pehle hardiya mere

Chacha chadhawe lan

Bhaiya chadhawe lan...

Moswa chadhawe lan..

Pache sajan sab log...

All their relations and well wishers took their turn in applying the haldi paste to the feet, the knees, the hands, the shoulders, the heads, and the hearts of the four.

(Chowna, thanx!)

Buaji managed to corner NK, and wrestling him to the ground, applied haldi on his face. The ladies and gents laughed out aloud at NK's antics. Akash, Arnav, Payal, & Khushi alone remained unaware of the fun, laughter, and music being played around them. They were lost in their own world.

(Thanx, Chowna!)

As soon as the ceremony was over, Arnav pulled at the dupatta and threw it away.

"Thanks, Bhai!", Akash whispered.

Payal & Khushi blushed. The women laughed.

"What an eager bridegroom he is!", said one lady.

"Look at the blushing bride!", said another, envy in her tone.

Part 20: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3185727?pn=103

Edited by smitar - 11 years ago
AWWW, So ADORABLE  Khushi Is Too Innocent & Arnav NAUGHTYYY πŸ€£
Hy fantastic update love khushi n arnav
Update soon

ohohho...Arnav in white is a killer indeed...

what a fantastic piece without any malice, without a villain or negativity...

grt going...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Edited by mouramen - 11 years ago
Part 17...Very cute scene with khushi n Payal while Arnav seeing his future wife have fun...part 18...so emotional...loved the way Payal got the candle n water...loved it how Arnav comforted khushi n promised to be always with her...part 19...just amazing...awesome updates!!! :)Edited by rainyday3000 - 11 years ago
naughty arni
awesome update loved it
pls continue soon
Smita,

Diya aur Balti! πŸ˜† - NK uwacha (sanskrit) This takes the cake!!!!πŸ˜‰

Lots of lovely scenes to be imagined. So its πŸ‘πŸΌ
Hayeee !!! What a wonderful update. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Loved it absolutely.
Khushi is too innocent and Arnav is very naughty. πŸ˜‰
Hope that the NK and Mili jodi gets the Gupta - Raizada approval. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Looking forward to ARHI and PAYASH wedding and SR.

awww that was really sweet n adorable
i loved how khushi didnt want to let him go...
as always, awesome part dear
take care
KHUSHI IS SO INNOCENT...LOVELY UPDATE