8th September SBS : Parvati to take durga avatar - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
I was watching the reruns. Missed this. Looks awesome. ðŸ˜ƒ
I am sure she will look very very pretty as Durga Ma
She looks beautiful :))) her eyes speak..  ðŸ˜Š
http://india.hqvideo.in/dflash.php?url=xtecck . Durga segment starts from  6.40 or 42

Thanks for sharing... Sona looks preety in Dr\urga maa's avatar.
Originally posted by deboleena.manna

tanx soumya...I also missed it..but first Durga?how can b?bcz first comes Kali Puja n then Jagatdhatri...first Shakti killed Raktbeej n Then Sumbh Nishumbh n after that Mahishasur..so first she take Kali Avatar then Jagatdhatri n then Durga..yeah in some places Jagatdhatri is also know by Durga...n I think CV's will drag the Durga Avatar track till Oct..

You seem to have the sequence scrambled.  Jagadhatri puja comes weeks after Kali Puja.

At any rate, Shumbha, Nishumbha, et al are not what's celebrated in Durga Puja.  It's Mahishashur.  I think Kali Puja coincides when Shumbh & Nishumbh were killed, unless it marks Bhadrakali slaying Darukasura rather than Mahakali slaying Raktabheej.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

.  I think Kali Puja coincides when Shumbh & Nishumbh were killed, unless it marks Bhadrakali slaying Darukasura rather than Mahakali slaying Raktabheej.

Bhadrakali - Darukasura is a folk tale confined to Kerala. I doubt if it would have significance in other parts of India. There is an annual folk dance which commemorates this but I don't think it coincides with Diwali / Kali Puja.

So Durga avatar is not coming any more after Kaali avatar? Is this the end of Durga avatar? Oh my!!!!
That is how the she went from Parvati to Durga to Kali..Kali ma is the most fierce of all her avatars.
Let us hope they show something about Ma Parvati that is consistent with the idea of Shakti!
From what I know when devi went to the battle with Shumbh nishumbh she took the form of Durga... but when she tried to kill Raktbeej... he kept multiplying wih his blood, so she took another form of kali.. then Durga struck and kali would drink the blood... after the battle Devi Durga disappeared but Kali wanted more blood and she started dancing ... to stop that Shivji went