Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nashnini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: tia.o

The answer to your question is abso-freaking-lutely not. Not only Shyam tried to kill Arnav, but he also sexually harassed her for months. But with Anjali's constant melodrama and the entire households slobbering behavior, is she comfortable now?

πŸ˜• A NAGGING CONCERN OF MINE TOO ...

HOW CAN SHE BE OK HAVING THIS MAN UNDER THE SAME ROOF... WHAT IF HE STARTS HIS GAMES AGAIN...DADI WILL BE PROMPT TO ACCUSE KHUSHI  OF BEING CHARACTERLESS...ACCUSING HER OF HAVING BROUGHT SHYAM BACK  ...ENTICING HIM...ETC ETC...:(:(:(

HOW WILL SHE HANDLE THIS SITUATION...STRANGE...
GirlOfFire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: tia.o

Thanks Geet. But believe it or not, Khushi is portraying the typical behaviour of long-term abuse victims. I have volunteered at a shelter for abused women. Those women who were more recently abused, come to those shelters and a higher percentage of them successfully get away from all this and start a new life.

But the long-term abuse victims start to believe that this is what they deserve. That is how their life should be. They are the ones who keep going back again and again to their abuser because they can't comprehend their life away from the abuse.

Now let's Khushi's case. She never demands respect as a human being from Mamiji or Dadiji. No matter how much everyone insults her, she keeps going back again and again with a smile. Slaps, insults, humiliations don't leave marks on her anymore, almost as if she has grown a second skin.

Now let's go back to the Khushi before marriage. ASR sends her to a crumbling building, she pushes him and gives him the piece of her mind, ASR starts to get out of hand, she throws his job on his face and walks out. ASR insults her, she walks out until Anjali emotionally blackmails her to come back for La's training.

Six months of constant husband's insult and abuse, then another month of the rest of the family's insult and abuse have now made her immune to insult and humiliation. Now she actually has started to believe that this is how her life is going to be from now on. Funnily enough, her sister or any member of her family walk up to Arnav and says, "We won't send our daughter to your home to be constantly humiliated and insulted. The day you can ensure, no one will harm her dignity and self-respect, come back here to ask for her hand.

Tia

Loved your post. I haven't been able to get inside Khushi's head as much lately. She confused me a lot. But you're post cleared some of the nagging feelings I've had. I have to agree with you on the victim of abuse pov. Yes she's definitely in a bunch of emotionally abusive relationships. Not the least being the one with Arnav. ASR she knows how to deal with and has dealt with. Strangely enough, its Arnav with his constant focus on Anjali that is abusive - IMHO. And she has no one to stand up for her - make her see that what is happening to her is wrong. 

That the writers have completely butchered the strong, opinionated woman who gave ASR as good as she got - character is an understatement. We loved the ASR-KKG relationship because of the equality in it. Now, its no longer equal. Her character has evolved downwards instead of growing as a mature woman who stands taller next to a husband whose character had been drawn as epic. Even Arnav's character has become too soft. Why does a man in love have to lose his brains and his ability to think coherently? 

I think the new team of CVs are still trying to find their feet in what had to be surely new ground for them. I wish them luck in finding it soon. They need to realize that the majority of the audience for this show loved it because of the story and characters AS THEY WERE!! They want that continuity - and they're not getting it. The CVs need to get their act together and soon. The lack of interest in both writing and direction were loud and clear in the last episode. They can't afford another one like that disaster. 
cherry227 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i swear i feel like slapping anjali!!! shes actually acting like a two year old who has been deprived of her "boy toy" 

i've been wishing this for a long time now but i hope whatever happens arnav n khushi handle it together... khushi being mother teresa and taking everything upon her is unnerving!!! its high time arnav considers atleast listening to her and taking a mutual decision
BeautyForAshes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Fantastic posts πŸ‘!!! u rightly said.. its just khushi who cares abt arnav!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ

khushi was the only one looking at arnav  when his di was busy faking around..having her favorites to dine... 
Edited by ArabellaPearl - 11 years ago
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Absolutely agree with you. I had to write this because otherwise, I will go and slap every member of RM and give up IPK altogether. This is my sanity therapy...

Originally posted by: VasantiLad

I have a slightly different take on the reason that she "opens" the door to Shyam. I honestly think that if she had to sacrifice her "perfect" wedding she would still be prepared to do so if it meant that it would buy her sister's/Anjali or Arnav's happiness.

Khushi cannot stand the fact that Arnav is unhappy. Throughtout last week she saw the dilemma that he faced & the pain that he was in. She was with him every single time & at the same time she saw that Di was suffering & refusing to take medication & sustenance. It was a catch 22. Anjali wanted Shyam with her & Arnav was sticking to his ethics in refusing to let him back into the house despite presssure.

I admired him & the fact that he stuck to his stance. Yes he was cajoling his sister to get well & whilst everyone else was bending over backwards to pander to her every need, he refused the very request that was needed to get her to fighting fit. I honestly thought that he would keel under his peer pressure. Only Nani stuck up for him.

If you notice that right from the outset Khushi tried to persuade him to give Shyam another chance suggesting that he may well have changed. Arnav refused to budge an inch & stuck to his original decision. Khushi's weakness is that she is prepred to always see good in people...

Now Khushi knowing what Arnav is like- she has been with him through all these trying times now goes against him & defies him. She would be the last person that he would expect to have done this. She is prepared to take his wrath on (surely from experience she will know his re-action) & open that door. She is doing this to make sure that Anjali mends even if it means that she is letting her husband's kidnapper & attempted murderer & her seducer back in. She hinted to Arnav that he had surely changed. This is Khushi's good trait - she may believe that he has truely changed & that change happened when he lost the baby.

So knowing all this she is once again sacrificing her own happiness so that Anjali will be happy & through that healthy & she would hope that in a twisted way that then will have a knock-on effect on Arnav. Arnav who she has seen cannot stand to see his sister in pain!!

This is my POV & that came from all the events of last week when she was quite clearly the only person that had such a close proximity to both parties. I agree with you when you say that Shyam has kept his consistent character portrayal throughtout. I feel a morbid fascination in watching him unfold the nuances of his character. I honestly can say he gives a brilliant performance. In last week I just felt that Khushi should not have been so one-dimensional. She could have been "used" a lot more effectively.

Tia.0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nashnini

πŸ˜• A NAGGING CONCERN OF MINE TOO ...

HOW CAN SHE BE OK HAVING THIS MAN UNDER THE SAME ROOF... WHAT IF HE STARTS HIS GAMES AGAIN...DADI WILL BE PROMPT TO ACCUSE KHUSHI  OF BEING CHARACTERLESS...ACCUSING HER OF HAVING BROUGHT SHYAM BACK  ...ENTICING HIM...ETC ETC...:(:(:(

HOW WILL SHE HANDLE THIS SITUATION...STRANGE...

She absolutely won't be comfortable. But Anjali's daily melodrama and the family's fawning over her is not comfortable either. Think about it. Everyone of her wedding function is tainted because of something or other Anjali did. Roka - Anjali got sick, the family started fawning over her, Mehendi - God bharai/miscarriage, sangeet - what sangeet? never happened. Wedding - may be anjali in coma... She looked forward to her wedding all her life and not a single memory Anjali left untainted. On top of that the man she loves is also fawning over Anjali including the household. Nobody cares that one woman's selfish act is ruining another woman's dreams. No one wants to send Anjali to her husband's house. No, she has to stay at RM and make everyone miserable with her non-stop drama and demands. You tell me how long you can take it? 
Tia.0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cherry227

i swear i feel like slapping anjali!!! shes actually acting like a two year old who has been deprived of her "boy toy" 

i've been wishing this for a long time now but i hope whatever happens arnav n khushi handle it together... khushi being mother teresa and taking everything upon her is unnerving!!! its high time arnav considers atleast listening to her and taking a mutual decision

Do deliver a slap on every member of RM too while you are at it. They are getting on my nerves equally with their fawning as Anjali with her whining. 

Mutual decision? Arnav and Khushi? That will never happen. Because that means, Arnav has to listen to someone else for a change and Khushi has to stand up for herself.
shehreen97 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
do deliver a slap frm me tooπŸ˜†
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Tiya I am 16 pages late.. How the heck did I miss such a stellar post? You are absolutely right...The world revolves around Anjali and everyone else is seated at her feet waiting for scraps to come their way..

I agree Khushi acted in a rash manner but her intentions were good.. Shyam had already made his entry into RM at the behest of Dadi and ANjai. Little does ASR know about this truth.  I hope Khushi remembers to tell him so. But knowing how kind Khushi is , she may not divulge this information fearing ASR might rebuke  Dadi..

Being good does not pay in RM.. Whenever they have a problem, they rush to Khushi for help. She seems to be doing their chores as well as their dirty work . When it is time for accusations, then too it is Khushi who is sought after... what a cruel lot.

Tia.0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyLaLa

Hi Tiya I am 16 pages late.. How the heck did I miss such a stellar post? You are absolutely right...The world revolves around Anjali and everyone else is seated at her feet waiting for scraps to come their way..

I agree Khushi acted in a rash manner but her intentions were good.. Shyam had already made his entry into RM at the behest of Dadi and ANjai. Little does ASR know about this truth.  I hope Khushi remembers to tell him so. But knowing how kind Khushi is , she may not divulge this information fearing ASR might rebuke  Dadi..

Being good does not pay in RM.. Whenever they have a problem, they rush to Khushi for help. She seems to be doing their chores as well as their dirty work . When it is time for accusations, then too it is Khushi who is sought after... what a cruel lot.

You see, everyone in RM makes Khushi do the dirty work and then places all the blame on her. No one has the guts to come out and take responsibility for their own actions. That includes the man who claims to love her, Arnav. He still has not told the truth of their marriage even when Khushi was being insulted left and right. 

You are right in saying that it does not pay to be good in RM. Everyone in RM plays their own game and all games must benefit Anjali - the queen bee of RM. She has to be at the epicenter of everything. If she is not, then God help you...