Smoking kills, Kareena to warn fans

Friday, September 7th 2012, 01:12 PM
StumbleUpon
Tumblr
Digg
Reddit
Email
STRDEL/AFP/Getty Images
Indian Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor attends a press conference for the promotion of her upcoming Hindi film Agent Vinod

Mumbai, Sep 6 — Kareena Kapoor will warn viewers of "Heroine" about the dangers of smoking at the beginning of the movie, during the interval and at the end, through a voiceover, says director Madhur Bhandarkar.

The decision has followed the government's new diktat, which allows filmmakers to show smoking scenes in movies, albeit with an actor warning the audience that Smoking kills.

A 20-second anti-smoking promo will thus be screened thrice during the film's showcase.

"In the beginning, Kareena will address the warning, and also for the interval part as well. We are implementing it," Bhandarkar told reporters during a promotional event of the "Heroine" here, Friday.

Kareena says the voiceover is a relief from the earlier rule, which asked filmmakers to run a scroll below the smoking scene. Many filmmakers had expressed it could be a distractive practice.

"I am happy at least we don't have to write the scroll down. That's one thing we were worried about. I have recorded the voice for the beginning of the film, for the interval and end of the film. I am at least happy that we got to do that," said Kareena, who brings alive the behind-the-scenes life of an actress, for the audience, through the drama.

Meanwhile, it is the promo of Kareena and Aamir Khan's much-talked about suspense film "Talaash", which will officially come out with "Heroine", releasing Sep 21.

" 'Talaash' is my most special film because I am coming again on screen with Aamir after '3 Idiots'. I am a big fan of Aamir. His promo in my film... I think it is great thing," Kareena said.

IANS

Read more: http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/565475cd6afd2f7ae99e4000d0901b69/smoking-kills-kareena-to-warn-fans#ixzz25rectku6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

is there any film of kareena's which hasn't been her "most special film" Thats what she says for her every upcoming movie LOL

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Double the treat for Kareena fans!
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Now I'll be watching Heroine just for Talaash trailer!😛
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: koiza.k

is there any film of kareena's which hasn't been her "most special film" Thats what she says for her every upcoming movie LOL

She said ONE of my most special films
http://youtu.be/BEn1Lexrp2c?t=1m22s

Not surprised, this wouldnt be the first time tabloids twist celeb words in print.
-koiza- thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

She said ONE of my most special films
http://youtu.be/BEn1Lexrp2c?t=1m22s

Not surprised, this wouldnt be the first time tabloids twist celeb words in print.

OMG, they totally remove the most vital words from her mouth, how unfair to bebo. I take my words back 😳

i'm excited for the both films
desigal90 thumbnail
My favorite part of the conference was the revelation that Saif runs on the treadmill to halkat jawani 😆

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJyPwYYadc&feature=player_detailpage#t=155s

Bebo said she's making him loose weight, haha!
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
When is the whole trailer coming Online?😒Edited by Wave. - 11 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail

@DG

awee how adorable. She should probably make him do the belly shaking step more, he needs to lose from that area haha.

Edited by koiza.k - 11 years ago