Thendral

India-Forums

Thendral
Thendral

Thendral Debate! Join in! Express yourself!

Gisel Goldie
Gisel
Gisel

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 2:10am | IP Logged

The current scenario in Thendral calls for us to have a full fledged examination of the position of women in the society, predominantly the Indian or let's say Tamil 'culture' society. This thread here is to focus on our thoughts. We are not going to discuss if Thulasi is right or Bhuvana is right or Sundari is right. Let's bring out real life situations and discuss them. Let's relate facts, statistics, etc. This is not to offend men or anybody else for that matter. This is just an attempt to learn about ourselves, being true to ourselves because we don't know each other personally. Let's work on our flaws, be it a man or woman, and build up a better society. No abusive language please!

From a women's perspective:

BE BY MY SIDE

I am fragile. I am weak.

I affirm. I speak.

The more I try to stand,

The more I fall behind.

Reasons unjustified.

Be it Nature. Be it God.

What was my mistake?

The Adam's apple?

That's centuries old.

Try something new.

My plight, can you see it?

Will you stand by me?

Will you take care of me?

Will you be my mother's womb?

Man, will you guard me against man?

Will you walk with me to my dream?

Be my answer. Be my life. For I am yours...

Where are we heading towards? Has the situation 'really' changed in all these years?

Please join the discussionSmile! Have your say! No one is judging any one!

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Edited by Gisel - 09 September 2012 at 12:44pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

biancarajautumnsconcertothendralfan007Shalinskalki2007MindFreezervjayamTTfanParulRatiShiviShemmoSweetyGreen

Shemmo IF-Rockerz
Shemmo
Shemmo

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Great Thread Gisel... Love your idea with current Thendral situation Big smile Star

Personally, I dont like TPS decision. She was very adamant that Laxman should get punishment nu, but now she decided to live with him. Appo first edutha decision ellam enga?
And I dont understand why Thuls (mostly everyone) supports Laxman, while he is at faulth too. Akhil forget everything ah how he suffered through Lax acts? Why is he not getting any punishment? Bhuv mattuma thappu pannanga? Ippo if she decides to join with MM na, society will allow ah? Padma than allow pannuvangala? No right Ouch Im not defending Bhuv, but asking why Lax didnt got any punishment? He did the same mistake thaane?

I feel even women can live independent. Enga parthalum mens ku than first urimai, even here at homes sometimes the sons can do what they want but girls veedlaye irukanum. Enna nyayam ithu? Why none trust the girls? I mean everyone knows where his limit is and if a girl want to do sth wrong athu ava eppa or epdina venunalum pannuva even if her parents are beside. Sometimes i dont understand the rules, world is unfair LOL

Just my opinion Big smile Ulagathula bad men irukanga, also bad womans. But thappu pannathavanga why getting punishment is m question Big smile Still love everyone as their are unique in their own way Big smile Thats the speciality of humans Smile

Bhuv view is very wrong. She told all men are bad nu, appo ava mattum nallavava? Because she left her husband and child too thaane? Only she was faithfull to Lax doesnt mean her mistakes can be forgiven Angry What a bad mind... But like i said earlier there are bad people in every gender.

Edited by Shamz. - 08 September 2012 at 3:41am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

thendralfan007ShalinsMindFreezerTTfanGisel

vjayam Goldie
vjayam
vjayam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 3:58am | IP Logged
"One has to go from being dependent to becoming independent and from being independent to becoming interdependent"- That according to the wise (taken from one of the discourses)  is the key to being happy...
when laxman left tps for greener pastures tps's ego more than anything was wounded...she refused to entertain any further interaction or put up a fight or go into the reasons why laxman took such a decision, and let things take its own course...
she had a great job, one that gave her money and power and status in society, the support of her mom, and managed to raise her child single-handedly. But was she happy? from what was shown-definitely not...she could not reconcile to the fact that another woman (bhuvana here) had snatched some belonging of hers and  that belonging (laxman) just tagged along without a care about her or their child...
Laxman cud have been lured by bhu for several reasons..since he had been raised and educated by tps's father he must have felt a sense of tps having an upper hand and he himself feeling obligated most of the time and an underdog, probably with tps's mom and all their relatives reminding him that it was thanks to his uncle that he became a doctor.  with bhuvana he felt probably better and she must have played to his weakness.  at all times tps shown to be upset by the fact that laxman gave more importance to bhuvana than her. she wanted him to realise on his own and come back to her without seeking him on her own. Again she was angry with laxman when he attacked her and gave bhuvana more prominence. but once when she realised that laxman has got over the bhuvana factor fully and rrealised his folly, she is more at comfort, peace now and ready to become one family again with him.

this is my first analysis..shall continue with this later...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

thendralfan007ShalinsMindFreezerTTfanGiselShemmo

Gisel Goldie
Gisel
Gisel

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
I can see that we are not out of the Thendral conception. So let me put in my views.
Taking up Sundari's case. Doesn't it resemble someone we know from the mythology?
Kannagi ? A young woman of legendary beauty. Kovalan married her and they lived together happily, until Kovalan met Madhavi and fell in love with her. In his infatuation, he forgot Kannagi and gradually spent all his wealth on the dancer. At last, penniless, Kovalan realised his mistake, and returned to Kannagi...rest as we all know is history. 
Well here, she was unsatisfied even after the King and Queen died of shame and cursed the city of Madurai. 
I mean, did Kovalan deserve Kannagi's devotion and the burning of a city for a man like him? 
A fascinating, but ironic, fact about this epic is that it portrays Madhavi, Kovalan's amorous lover, as an equally chaste woman. 
Oh my God! I just realised, is Thendral by any chance a modern remake of Silappatikaram?LOL
I am not comparing anyone here. Comparison is out of question. It is just that kala kalam ithu nadakuthu...no improvement. 
Cheating husbands are forgiven by wives. Isn't that a pathetic situation?
And of course, cheating wives are not going to be forgiven by husbands. 
This is were you see it is a male dominant society. And I am not supporting either.

thendralfan007ShalinsMindFreezervjayamTTfanShemmo

vjayam Goldie
vjayam
vjayam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:32am | IP Logged
got it gisel...guess so used to analysing and presenting views! (rofl)
shall think up along yr lines!

ShalinsMindFreezerTTfanGiselShemmo

Shemmo IF-Rockerz
Shemmo
Shemmo

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Agree with Jaya akka and Gisel.. Wink

This was my last line:
Originally posted by Shamz.

there are bad people in every gender.
Now i want to correct it.

When we are born we are not bad. We come to this world with a cry and smile. Only the situations changes a person. Like Jaya akka said, Bhuv couldnt tolerate MM, maybe her dreams or expectations were something else, so this may cause to run away and she found her expectations in Laxman pola. But this again is her mistake. Instead to do all legally, she just run away.

Sila times we take rush decision which will make us suffer later. Its always good to think twice or more before we take important decisions in our life Big smile

I wish only Lax to get his punishment just like Bhuv got Smile
Jaya akka waiting for more of your analysis Big smile

Edited by Shamz. - 08 September 2012 at 7:26am

thendralfan007ShalinsMindFreezervjayamTTfanGisel

Gisel Goldie
Gisel
Gisel

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vjayam

got it gisel...guess so used to analysing and presenting views! (rofl)
shall think up along yr lines!

What I am meant is relating it in a way which will benefit us. You know like some realisation. When many people put in views, we can take the pros and cons effectivelySmile

Think in any way where you find women are oppressed...

Like let's say the Indian Parliament just gives 33.33% reservation for women. Isn't this a form of oppression? In a positive note, giving women so much reservation is better than nothing.

Looking into every perspective!Smile 

Let's learn something informative through our forum!

Originally posted by Shamz.

When we are born we are not bad. We come to this world with a cry and smile. Only the situations changes a person. Like Jaya akka said, Bhuv couldnt tolerate MM, maybe her dreams or expectations were something else, so this may cause to run away and she found her expectations in Laxman pola. But this again is her mistake. Instead to do all legally, she just run away.
Sila times we take rush decision which will make us suffer later. Its always good to think twice or more before we take important decisions in our life Big smile

Yes Shamz! When we are born, no one is bad...but circumstances and situations change us...what kind of situations? let's discuss on that, so that we will be careful in future!

Romba overa iruko?

thendralfan007MindFreezervjayamTTfanShemmo

vjayam Goldie
vjayam
vjayam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged

Good thought Gisel...to share and learn..I dont have the statistics but the following observation just crossed my mind..

if we take the past two decades some of the changes (in urban locales at least) we hv witnessed here:

TV (and a color one at that) in most households
24/7 channels in almost all languages and multi channels at that
access to any kind of information, thanks to the net and the web it has woven all into...
children highly individualistic, having an opinion on almost any and every matter, thanks to the vivid and varied programs and gadgets they have
more working women
more suicides
more divorce rates (for the silliest of reasons...or just plain inability to adjust to situations and people)
teachers getting scared to even speak loudly to students

so with more luxuries, more independence, are the women of today happier? from joint families, to nuclear families, to what? Do we know what we want to be happy?

Edited by vjayam - 08 September 2012 at 11:46am

thendralfan007MindFreezerTTfanGiselShemmo

Go to top