Your Love Broke Me ~ Thread 2 - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Awesome work.  Such perfection the lines were.  Just Wowww.
Beautifully written, thanks for the pm.
lovely update...

thanks 4 d pm
Originally posted by ShikhaKhushi

Arnav looked at her with a strange smile in silence before he finally whispered an answer. "A gift for each year, Pari. A gift for each of your twenty four years. And for later too..."

Aaahhh, my heart melts when Arnav does this for Khushi. Aaah, I hope there is some MAJOR drama during the wedding that will help Khushi and Arnav resolve some issues between them

fab update...

waiting for some interesting twist during the wedding
Welcome back honny

What can i say about update...
Its just WOOOW...
This is a really well written story. Read all 40 chapters and it is a delight to read.

I really enjoy reading your work as it is funny, endearing and touching. The only thing is please please please put a chapter index in your post on the first page, like I have mentioned in your other stories. This helps me, as a reader, as I know exactly where to look for each update (and also when I want to look back on certain chapters).

The way you have incorporated the past and present in this story is delightful. I am a big fan of stories that do this as we get to know what happened in the past and what is happening presently, without losing momentum in either parts of the story.

CHAPTER 41 - Khushi, I love You...

Khushi marched Payal to the mandap dutifully smiling at the guests she barely saw. The laughter and chatter in her aunt's yard that day were just a faint buzz in her ears. Everywhere she looked, she saw only him. Why? Why did she feel so bad for a person whose father had ruined her entire family? Why did she feel so bad for a person she hardly knew? Why?

She helped Payal sit down next to Akaash and took a few steps back. She was just turning to go further behind to be on her own for some time when a movement caught her eye. She looked up and all she could see was liquid silver...

She had been missing all this time. He had spent his days looking for her. He had spent his nights thinking about her. But neither had he found her, nor had she come. Miserable days, torturous nights. He had borne everything. For her. Without her.

And now, when he thought he could get over her, when he thought he could consider her to be just a silly dream of his, she walked back into his life, as beautiful as ever, but without even looking at him. He felt betrayed. Yet, his heart cheated him, beating madly. For her. He wanted to reach out for her, pull her in his arms. But something stopped him. The people all around? Her rejection? His own ego?

He could not take his eyes off her. She was wearing a white sari, with a thin border encrusted with tiny ruby red crystals which reflected each ray of light that fell on it. Her wrists were filled with white glass bangles, her milky neck was adorned with a red-jewelled choker and matching jhumkas hung from her ears. She had left her hair down, just the way he liked it. He shifted on his feet, his eyes still glued on her. He had never thought he could have seen anyone who could make a saree look so beautiful. And he had never thought he could have fallen so hard for someone...

And suddenly, she looked up, directly at him...

They were sitting on the hammock, swinging slightly under the flicker of the fairy lights. Arnav had moved the pile of gifts there and had handed them to her, one by one, explaining their significance to them. Her tears had fallen, silently, staining her saree darker. By the time they had reached the last gift, he noticed her eyes were starting to close, but she was fighting the drowsiness. For him?

He pocketed the small package and smiled at her.

"You should sleep now."

Khushi blinked at him sleepily. He chuckled and hugged her tight, kissing the top of her head.

Khushi's eyes widened in horror. Her heart leaped inside her chest and she retreated a few more steps.

What was he doing here? Why was he here?

Arnav opened his mouth as if to call her but she turned away from him before he could and ran from the mandap, from him.

When he had first seen her, he had thought everything would be alright. He was thankful to Anjali because had she not insisted that he should attend his childhood buddy Akaash's wedding, he would never have seen her again.

But the shock on her face when she had recognised him told a different story. She was not happy at all to see him. He wanted to say her name, call her, but her eyes forbid him. When she turned and ran off, he stayed rooted in place, not knowing what to do. Follow her? or not?

No.

He could not let her get away with this so easily. How could she? How could she steal his heart, shatter in so mercilessly and then come out of it innocently, without a scratch?

A shaft of gentle sunlight hit his eyes and instantly broke his sleep. He opened his eyes to the cool early morning. Sunrays pierced through the leafy tapestry to create an ethereal effect inside their shelter. Arnav smiled, enjoying the feeling of her weight on him. If only he could wake up to this every morning...

He raised his head to look at her. She slept on his shoulder, her ear right on his heartbeat, her long hair draped over his left arm, most of her weight on him and her left hand clutching at his collar tightly even as she slept. He grinned at himself foolishly and snuggled closer.

She stopped, panting, her fist resting on the rough bark of the tree. Her tears blinded her but she knew no one was around. When she closed her eyes, a single teardrop rolled down her cheek. She saw him again, through her closed eyes. Why?

She did not get the time to think about it when she was turned around violently. She opened her eyes in fright. Her vision was blurred but she already knew it was him.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Khushi?" he growled, his voice painful as his fingers dug in her shoulder with as much pain.

"Arnavji... humein chhodiye... humein dard ho raha hai..." (... leave me... it hurts...)

"Aur jo dard tumne mujhe diya hai? Uska kya?" Another tear made its way down her neck but he shook her violently. "Answer me, dammit!" (And the pain you have given me? What about that?)

She stared at him silently, taking in all the hurt he gave her, weeping at the same time until he realised he really was hurting her, both physically and emotionally. Arnav loosened his grip on her and his hands slid down to her elbows. He pulled her in his embrace, gently.

"Khushi, I love you..."

She felt herself huddle closer to the warmth near her. But... hang on! Why was her bed suddenly so hard and warm? And was her bed... holding her? In a flash, her eyes were wide open and she was sitting straight. The next second, she felt as if she was falling off but a pair of strong hands grabbed her and pulled her down.

"What the hell?!"

She lifted her head, only to find Arnav Singh Raizada underneath her. Her hair fell around their faces, curtaining it, as if to cut out the rest of the world. It felt right. But it was wrong. She knew it was. Khushi caught herself and quickly hopped off their makeshift bed. She did not dare to look at him. Arnav got down too while she was putting her unspooled saree back in place. Silently, he walked to her and took the cloth from her trembling hands. She glanced at him once, afraid, then a few more times and he wound hit around her, carefully, a bit amateurish, but he still knew how to do it. She wondered secretly where he had learnt that from.

"Your last gift," he said in a gravelly voice, interrupting her thoughts. "Kal raat tumhein neend aa rahi thi to maine side mein rakh diya tha." (Last night you were sleepy so I had put it away.)

Her eyes fell of the small box-like package. She tore open the wrapping paper to see was a bow indeed. Her heart was racing.

He Devi Maiyya! Don't let it be what I think it is!

She opened it and her heart skipped a beat. She looked up into his steely eyes with regret. Inside the box was the most beautiful diamond solitaire ring. Her eyes filled with tears, she opened her mouth to say something but he cut her off.

"Khushi, I love you..."

"Aap humse pyaar nahin kar sakte." (You cannot love me.)

Arnav froze. He stepped back to look at her.

"What the hell are you saying, Khushi? I love you," he repeated incredulously. He could not understand what she was saying.

"Aapko nahin karna chaahiye!" Her face was flushed and there was anger flaring in her eyes. "Hum aapko dard ke siva kuchh nahin de sakte! Aap chale jaayiye!" (You shouldn't! I cannot give anything else but pain! Go away!)

"Khushi?" he took a step towards her she retreated too.

"Hum aapse pyaar nahin karte, samjhe aap? Aapko humse sirf aur sirf dard milega!" she swivelled on her heels and ran away, leaving Arnav there, alone, shocked beyond his power... (I don't love you, understand? I'll give you nothing but pain!)

Unres

OMG!!!

this was such a touchy update yaar.

feeling so bad for arnav

Khushi did the right thing

But know when he has proposed her once again knowing every truth what is he going to do?

WOW!!
Edited by Appy_Indy - 11 years ago
there past is so heartbreaking 

thanks u