Posted: 12 October 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
heay loved it. !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShikhaKhushi

Kurup IF-Dazzler
Kurup
Kurup

Posted: 13 October 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

amazing update...the last line toook the whole show...

ShikhaKhushi

pantrossy Goldie
pantrossy
pantrossy

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Omg arnav's uncle was lusting for khushi in flashback
How disgusting
Good that he was no more
That evil got accident
N
That shyam whatever was there ... That too radhika's fren.. God
Radhika wanna send khushi away from Arnav
But take my word Radh
Its not gonna happen
Nobody take her away from him

Arnav made for khushi n only khushi.. Got it...?

ShikhaKhushi

Hope IF-Dazzler
Hope
Hope

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Amazing plot and narration.ClapClap Your grip on the story is excellent. Bechara Arnav damn it Kushi accept him soonBroken Heart. Wish to see Arnav happy for once.
Can't see them both suffer any further.Unhappy Please update soon. I am getting restlessEmbarrassed

ShikhaKhushi

ShikhaKhushi IF-Rockerz
ShikhaKhushi
ShikhaKhushi

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Chapter 45 - Trapped

"Ya, Aman?" he closed the door of his room and spoke in a low voice so that no one heard him. "I need you to find out everything you can about two people. I'll send you their names and I want the results ASAP, do you understand?"

Arnav sighed after he had disconnected and threw his phone on the bed, his frustration soaring.

It was been a week since his uncle had died. They had completed all the rituals and brought his dad home. Anant was paralysed and bed-ridden, so Aradhna had to stay with him most of the time. Arnav could still not get over what had happened in such a short lapse of time. He was blindly watering his plants when Anjali came in, struggling to keep her composture.

"Chhote," she called him hoarsely. "Vakeel saab aaye hain..." (The lawyer is here...)

She rolled on her side restlessly. Would sleep ever come? Would the guilt ever go? She sat up, unable to take it anymore. Numbly, she walked down the stairs, to the kitchen like thief in her own house. It was in the middle of the night, everything was swathed in the darkness which scared her stiff but she had to.

Jalebi was her poison, and now she needed them. Immediately, or she would really lose it.

"He Devi Maiyya," she muttered breathlessly. It was past midnight when she was leaving the kitchen. She had made about half a kilo, and all of it was gone down her stomach. Suddenly the memory flew in, out of nowhere, to take her by surprise.

She remembered how the jalebi had tasted when he had made her eat them with his own hands. The pain returned violently, making her stagger. Her tears flowed even as she swallowed sob after sob which threatened to erupt. She made her way to her room with a lot of difficulty. The tears and emotions were blinding, but not enough to stop her from seeing the silhouette of a person lurking in her room...

His hands fisted around the short lawyer's collar and he shook the man brutally.

"Who did all this? Who the hell did all this?"

The man trembled but did not utter a word. His eyes were wide with fear. Anjali grasped his arm.

"Chhote! Chhote chhod do usse! Chhote!" (...Chhote leave him!...)

He feigned deafness to his cousin and glared at the lawyer. "I asked you something! Answer me, dammit!" he roared so loudly, with so much anger that Anjali stepped back, horrified. She had never seen her brother act this way.

"Who the hell did all this?" he yelled.

"Humne!" came a voice behind him. (I did!)

Arnav frozed, his hands loosening. The weakened lawyer slid to the ground while he turned to look at who had answered, though he already had recognised that voice...

The breath caught in her throat. The shadow moved about her room. She could not see the person's face because of the darkness but it was a man, she was sure of that. She watched him from the door she had left ajar. The window was open too. had he climbed in from there or was it someone in the house itself?

Khushi broke into a sweat. What should she do now? Her eyes darted around and settled on an ornamental sword her father had hung on the wall of the corridor. She gulped as her hand closed around the hilt. She took it and slowly pushed the door open. The man did not hear, he was walking softly towards the door of her bathroom.

She tiptoed behind him, her heart thumping its fear, but she did not remember there was a little step and stumbled over it. Her sword slipped from her grasp and she felt herself falling. Except she did not because the intruder had seen her and held her. Fright overrode her and she threw kicks and punches in all directions, attacking the man.

A single hand bound her wrists together to try mobilise her, so she tried to scream, but the other hand clamped her mouth shut and pinned her down on the floor...

Everything had faded around him. His family, his words, everything. There was just her. But there was this coldness about her... he could not understand why. He had stopped hearing, he could do nothing but see her...

She tried to scream but the hand stopped her. She tried to punch but another hand held her wrists. She tried to kick but another pair of legs trapped hers. She tried to move but a body was pinning her down on the floor.

Tears of helplessness rose in her eyes...

"Yeh sab humne kiya hai!" she said harshly. "Ab yeh saari property humaari hai, aur hum aapko sirf ek din ki mohlat dete hain iss ghar ko khaali karne ke liye." (I did all this! Now all this property is mine, and I am giving you only one day to leave this place.) 

Anjali's shoulder slumped in defeat. "Par kyun? Aapne aisa kyun kya? Humne aapka kya bigaara tha?" (But why? Why did you do this? What had we done wrong to you?)

Khushi held back the tears which flooded her eyes. It was hurting to do this, but she had to. For her parents... She did feel Arnav's eyes on her but she did not dare look at him.

"Humaara naam Khushi hai," she manged to say. Anjali glanced at Arnav, who seemed entranced by her sight, which a shocked expression. Did she know they knew each other? How much had he told her? "Khushi Kumaari Gupta." (My name is Khushi.)

Anjali's eyes widened even more and she gasped. Khushi saw Arnav's head tilt to one side slightly as a frown clouded his handsome features. So, they did know her... or at least her name?

"Your parents know..."

She watched Anjali pale, look at Arnav, then Khushi several times before she wordlessly rushed up the stairs to call her Aradhna Chachi.

Arnav slowly got out of his numbness. His muscles coiled as realisation came crashing on him. She was the cause of his father's paralysis. She was the cause of his uncle's death. She was the bloody cause of his whole family's tears and sorrow.

In a few quick strides, he had reached her. His large hands crushed her upper arms. She looked down, struggling with him to release herself.

"Chhodiye humein," she whispered, but he only tightened his hold on her. (Leave me.)

"Iss liye tumne mujhse dosti karne ka naatak kiya? Taaki tum mere ghar mein ghus sako, right? You bloody used me? How dare you, Khushi?" he spoke in a low voice but through gritted teeth. (That's why you pretended to befriend me? So that you can slip into my house, right?)

"Aap-" Khushi was fighting to keep away her tears but it was hard. She had made the mistake of looking in his eyes and that had torn her heart. Because those dark eyes which had bewitched her without her knowing were now filled with venom and hatred for her. And it was unbearable. (You-)

"Aur mujhe laga ki... I fell in love with you dammit!" he hissed as his own eyes watered. He pulled her closer. "I fell in love with a heartless woman like you! You just used me and broke my trust! You killed my Chachu! I hate you! Do hear me? I hate you, Khushi!" (And I thought...)

Khushi steeled herself. She could not cry right now. "Humne jo bhi kiya apne parivaar ke liye kiya!" (What ever I did was for the sake of my family!)

"Oh, yeah! Aur umeed bhi kya ki ja sakti hai? Tumhaara poora khaandaan tumhaare hi jaise greedy hoga, na?" (... What else can we expect? Your whole family must be greedy like you, right?)

"Laalchi humaara parivaar nahin, aap ka tha! Agar aapke Bauji aur Chachaji ne saalon pehle voh chhal nahin kiya hota, to aaj hum yahaan khade nahin hote!" (It was not my family who had been greedy, but yours! If your father and uncle had not done that years ago, we would not be here today!)

Arnav froze. "What do you mean?"

"Jaakar apne Amma-Bauji se poochhiye." (Go ask your parents.)

What had his family done?

But wait. This girl had already cheated them, how could he trust her words? Arnav laughed humourlessly.

"I don't believe you, okay?"

"Arnav! Chhodiye inhein!" (Arnav! Leave her!)

The following 146 member(s) liked the above post:

shramo012Rain_dropanonymous1906baby2012B2DB75naturallaanisa...neeshahaidersuganya91malinimsunshaeyanju_arorablacklady1neena2000mdm2013ipkforfunmages1866zunaishacutiedyutiNammrataDEEWANI94VioletFlowerammullu1mythrayethen123cutyanushkasangeethbalaanu41982naj84NyamatSmerry7779290860623AUMMmssravyasweatmango5armadSilvergirlsvmiserina087kanthi_chkshari93mz.brarpri3loveLilaUKsaj111asmaali0987Archu61swarnakolasanihasheygnainamysterygirl06dasudisabansaldiya55MsIPKKNDManickamtokdinshona136Dimz13Ashgarshifan91addicted25Sobhan006Huleygirlloves_aishumit0905ship13ArilipAsvatiamri123ifsaal044Sonaparam29aeyshaalimpantrossyshasru26srija.singh04prabha75smiley13faffyblue-eyeshils28fatima2603dproversessyShweta1691saavan_loverHonkytonkvidya.sanjaymsmarplemeem17blah_blah3Nikhi.kirti123moonlight2630mirka88HopeN0306seshatreeRishita.SIholicarshiadvaySamyxxLeenaRockspenny25KtotheMreallyhappyjessjazzshagun05Kurupfleursswatim318jen_xbinimotilakraj80LooneyLunaIronButterflysarozzluvbugMDTharunpurnima209bellarosakoisksana11Crazy_souldeeswarnafrenzyyjahnvi.luvs.ASR207shikhacaskerHot.Pink.HeelsShamz94jakhushiflowers4u..Anita..LOLWAsAalulaksh65Newbiesoapfancrazyyfanjas0308kbtr..SunnYaara..pup03ranogillcheesemadMeenuCrazyPandaRasgulla_spmishti_17Fazila~vijiasr08

MsIPKKNDManic Senior Member
MsIPKKNDManic
MsIPKKNDManic

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Got to read 2 updates in one and they were mind-blowing. Really. Clap

So, Girish is the lusting laalchi? It would be wrong of me to say that I'm glad he died, but I'll put it this way ... I'm satisfied that he won't be around any longer to muck things up!! LOL

Khushi - during her confrontation with Girish - seems so BAMF-y!! I love it! LOL

I really, really love the transitions you make between past and present - they flow so beautifully and effortlessly, that it's just amazing. Honestly. Clap

Oh, yikes!! There's a Shyam in here! And HE'S Radhika's friend?! Oh dear ... Shocked

Aw, man. So close ... yet so far away!! They know they love each other, but they just can't be together! It's breaking my heart!! Broken Heart

[Chp. 45]

Hmm ... Are those 2 people Radhika and Shyam? If they are, I can't say I blame him for wanting to thoroughly inspect them. Plus, it brings home the last couple of lines in the last chapter; the one where she knew that he would never let anything ever harm her. And he's sticking true to that promise!! :') 

Oh, no!! Shocked Who could her attacker be?! I want to say it's Shyam, but then again, I don't want to make assumptions ... Curious and curiouser!! I only hope and pray that someone *cough*Arnav*cough* Winksomehow ... well, I dunno! feels her in distress and saves her!! :/ Oh God!! 

You know, I've been going on and on about Khushi's pain ... how she's feeling, how much everything must be tearing her apart, but I didn't quite realise, until now, that you know what? What about Arnav? The man he considered to be his role model, and greatest teacher was killed, merely some time after his father suffered a heart attack. And of course knowing that everything they've ever owned is now gone to to someone else must also be difficult to process. And now. Oh, man. Just pile on the fact that it's the love of his life who's supposedly betrayed him! The poor guy is just broken!!  Broken Heart 

However, that last line gives me hope - there will possibly be an unveiling of the truth in the next chapter?! Big smile

Lovely, lovely updates and I'm sorry, once again, for updating the Res' so late. I'll try and be more punctual from now Embarrassed

Can't wait for the next one!! Star

Edited by MsIPKKNDManic - 15 October 2012 at 5:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

addicted25ShikhaKhushi

Go to top