Ramayan

India-Forums

Ramayan
Ramayan

Neha Sargam/Sita appriciation thread (Page 106)

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged

Now that you too will be able to post pics, this thread will run even faster. 

It's already running quite fast, that's the power of "the team of awesome two."LOLLOL

Edited by sherlock - 21 April 2013 at 5:26am

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:28am | IP Logged

After all, after completing this thread, we have to take up the Ram-Sita thread too.

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:30am | IP Logged

There also, your picture posting abilities will come in very handy.Big smile

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SilverFairy

I Have A Tulsi Plant At Home That I Pray Too.

Great thing you're doing, Fairy. Smile

According to "Skand Puran" & "Padma Puran" the home where Tulsi plant is worshipped daily, is a sacred place. I think "Devi Bhagwat Puran" says the same thing, & also gives eight names of Tulsi.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SilverBell

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged

Abhi I Hope You Dont Mind Me In Asking This Question. Which I Know Nothing About.

Why Do We Pray To The Tulsi Plant??

Because Tulsi is considered to be very dear to Lord Vishnu. Why? Because Tulsi plant is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu's wife, Devi Lakshmi.

Now, there are quite a few versions in different Puranas about Tulsi being an incarnation of Devi Lakshmi.

One version goes that Devi Lakshmi once benevolently accepted a curse by Goddess Saraswati to live as a plant, and turned into Tulsi plant. Lord Vishnu immediately came looking for his wife, who has turned herself as Tulsi, and started living near her as a divine stone, which today is worshipped as Salagrama.

Another version is that of Gandaki river being an incarnation of lakshmi, and Lord Vishnu, who obviously can never live without his wife, LOLLOL  is living with her even when she is in the form of river Gandaki, by becoming Salagram stone found at the river bed, and Sal Trees and Tulsi plant grows on the banks of river Gandaki. 

SilverBell

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged

I remember one or two other stories as well, but the most widely accepted version of the emergence of Tulsi is that is came out of the ocean at the end of the churning of the ocean as a divine plant, an incarnation of Maa Lakshmi, (who herself is the daughter of the King of oceans in one of her incarnation), and is considered a divine plant with amazing medicinal properties. One old Sanskrit prayer describes Tulsi as the best friend of Devi Lakshmi, and dear to Lord Vishnu. 

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:48am | IP Logged

Coming to medicinal properties of Tulsi plant, I am sure you know very well that in Ayurved, an Upved of Rigved, the medicinal properties of Tulsi are considered to be without a match. Infact, the word "Tulsi" in Sanskrit means, "Incomparable." Ayurved truly considers the medicinal properties of Tulsi to be matchless. I mean, in Ayerved, there is hardly any condition in which Tulsi is not supposed to be beneficial in one way or the other. Atharva Veda too has some description about the medicinal properties of Tulsi, though I don't remember it clearly. Most properly, it was about black leafed Tulsi plant.

From treating heart ailments to increasing kidney functioning to increasing brain power and memory to treating leprosy to getting rid of acne, and get a glowing skin and glowing face, Tulsi is considered to be beneficial. Thus, the medicinal properties of Tulsi are just too numerous.

Infact, I once came across an old Tantric text. There, Tulsi was an essential component of at least  two processes of Vashikaran (controlling other's brain), LOLLOL I think they were Mohan Prayog, and Rajvashikaran. (Telling you this only because we are talking about Tulsi. As your well-wisher, I'll advice you in the same breadth to ALWAYS stay far, FAR AWAY from anything even remotely connected to Tantra, be it any text or anything else.)

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged

Sita Is Actually Rukmani Too Right??
She Married Lord Krishna.

Right, Fairy.Smile

In Vaikunth, He is Lakshmi-Vishnu, where His infinite opulence is manifest, as the Supreme Lord.

In Saket, He is Sita-Ram, loving parents of everyone, who are most benevolent on all their kids, but themselves illuminate the highest and most difficult path of Dharma.

In Dwarka, as Rukmini-Dwarkadheesh, He is the one & only Sovereign of everyone, everything & everywhen.  

In Vrindavan, He is Infinite, Eternal Bliss, as Radha-Krishna.

SilverBell

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ramayan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index