Ramayan

King Janaka chooses the Indradhanush as the test f

Poll Question: King Janaka chooses the Indradhanush as the test for Sita's swayamvara

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:07am | IP Logged
King Janaka chooses the Indradhanush as the test for Sita's swayamvara because?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sammy_2010-QH-luminous02Namzz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "King Janaka chooses the Indradhanush as the test f" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

luminous02

Goldie

luminous02

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 2:28am | IP Logged
b/c in childhood sita has removed it from one place to another and generally janak needs a crowd for the motion of dhanush. so he thinks that if my daughter can remove it alone than only i will get for this a husband who also can remove it alone.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Namzz

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Sita, as a little girl, had once moved the table on which the Indradhanush was placed while she played. King Janaka saw this, and was stunned, as no grown man had been able to move the bow before. 

That was when he decided that only a man as extraordinary as Sita could marry her Smile

Namzz

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
It was the Shiva dhanush Visha, not the Indra dhanush. :)

And King Janak made that vow because when Sita lifted the shiv dhanush when she was young, he recognized her as Goddess Lakshmi and wanted to put a condition which only Lord Vishnu could fulfill.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-NamzzVarnita.

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
I get confused with the names Janaki ConfusedLOL

..RamKiJanaki..

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
It is just when the Child Sita lifted the Shiv Dhanush suddenly while playing while no one else ever even tend to move it from its Place. King Janaka recognised the Presence of Shakti inside his Daughter and have Decided this Shiv Dhanush Swayamber thing so that he get his heavenlyly Husband to whom she is Destined to. Smile

..RamKiJanaki..

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
thanks for shraing the valuable information... never knew all these things i have read about this dhanush in some text it is said that the king janak found the dhanush alongwith with sita ji in the furrow some say parsuram gifted it to king janak...which one is correct ???? 

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 September 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti07

thanks for shraing the valuable information... never knew all these things i have read about this dhanush in some text it is said that the king janak found the dhanush alongwith with sita ji in the furrow some say parsuram gifted it to king janak...which one is correct ???? 

The text that says Parashuram gifted the dhanush to Janaka is correct. Lord Parashuram got it from Lord Shiva and he gave it to Janaka to safeguard it. That's why Parashuram was so angry when Lord Ram broke the dhanush in Sita's swayamvar. He thought Lord Shiva was being insulted, but when he recognized Lord Ram as Vishnu, his anger abated and he left after giving him the Vishnu dhanush.

If anyone wants to see it onscreen, this story of child Sita lifitng the Shiva Dhanush is shown in Imagine's Ramayan. I think it's episode 8 or 9...not sure exactly. The history of Shiva dhanush is also shown in some episode, but I don't remember which one.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 September 2012 at 10:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arti07Varnita.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.