India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The Problem Is Not Daljeet!!

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
For a long time...I have  been reading a lot of posts in accusation of the actor... about her demands and blackmails!!! Well she may have negotiated.. everyone who is working does that and needs to do that in any job!! Your house runs with what you make and what you make in the tv industry is directly proportionate to how much screen time you have.

If she wasn't important for the show and if Anjali's character couldn't be woven into the story line the PH would have shown her the door but they didn't.. which means in future (referring to the time these news were making the rounds) there was going to be scope for Anjali, which we see now!!

Am sure Deepali also must have expressed her displeasure when she decided to quit but because her needs couldn't be accommodated, she is going through with the decision... right??

So getting personal with insults and accusation towards the actor may not be the right way to look at things!

So I am asking the question.. Is the problem Daljeet or Anjali?? Had Anjali believed that Shyam cheated her... broke all ties with him.. decided to take control of her life... recover and live for her baby with her family's support.. would we still hate Anjali and in turn Daljeet???

If she got the same screen time and instead of crying about her brother neglecting her, she encouraged him to pay attention to Khushi and make up for all the wrongs he has done to her... would her screen time be the title of so many harsh posts??

And after all this... if Shyam carried out the plan and caused the accident that was instrumental in her loosing her baby... the one she decided to live for and she went into depression... would we not have empathized with her???

And in all this am talking about the same screen time for Anjali!!

The problem is not Daljeet and what transpired to make her stay back!! If that news had not leaked out.. am guessing we would still have had these posts.. may be the focus would have changing the story... di ki saut etc.

The problem is how Anjali is being portrayed.. as a helpless, brainless damsel in distress and the writers trying to defend her character through supporting articles and dialogues like ' I was never strong and I don't want to be that strong where I don't need you" (yes she said this in yesterday's episode to Shyam.. and I died a small death).

Anjali's portray is of a regressive woman who slips more and more into being stupid and helpless, which is not sitting well with people who are watching it, cause we cant identify or empathise with her.

The actor, the demanded screen time is not the problem!!
The storyline, the portrayal of the character and its impact on the rest of character and their lives is what is pissing us off.

Take a step back and really give it a thought.. If Anjali in the same screens of recent past was all strong and taking charge, would you still writes these posts about Daljeet's increased screen time???

Edited by jules - 08 September 2012 at 12:27am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

enakatReemaNeelurudra250dpotnisFalciparumShamrozSayssun2011JniISHRA83TheSmurfsKaranShilpa:)rini_katsunflower52cutelittleangelsimim.ProperPatolachotte097

Reema Groupbie
Reema
Reema

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Really really good post!!!! Treatment of Anjali is the problem tho I don't see it as a problem as such. Well there is still hope right. A serial is supposed to run for 3-4 years atleast so they cant show character getting things right at the first go itself right...the characters have to make mistakes first, then gradually grow into the mature people we'd like to see on screen. 

Another thing I'd like to say...when ASR was terrible in the beginning...when he threw Khushi down from the first floor, when he treated her horrible & said derogatory stuff to her, we HATED it but we defended him saying that he was flawed and he will come good sooner or later. Similarly how about giving Anjali a chance...she is ASR's sister after all...a flawed charcater, let's give a chance.
The problem is we may have to wait for sometime[like how we waited for ASR to become Arnav] till it happensLOL.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

FalciparumKaranShilpa:)sunflower52spate22

sun2011 Goldie
sun2011
sun2011

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged
I would like to see Khushi as a career woman and out of RM and Arnav-Anjali lives for some time when ANjali grows up instead of regressing to baby behavior after being irresponsible and running after a cheat of a husband - and not taking care of her baby!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Nice analysis! I agree! Daljeet may have asked for more screen space..but really , what we don't like is Anjali's portrayal..as a weak woman!
We all fell in love with the show coz Khushi was strong enough to stand To Arnav! Why can't Anjali be that strong?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KaranShilpa:)MagicLanternrini_kat

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Reema

Really really good post!!!! Treatment of Anjali is the problem tho I don't see it as a problem as such. Well there is still hope right. A serial is supposed to run for 3-4 years atleast so they cant show character getting things right at the first go itself right...the characters have to make mistakes first, then gradually grow into the mature people we'd like to see on screen. 

Another thing I'd like to say...when ASR was terrible in the beginning...when he threw Khushi down from the first floor, when he treated her horrible & said derogatory stuff to her, we HATED it but we defended him saying that he was flawed and he will come good sooner or later. Similarly how about giving Anjali a chance...she is ASR's sister after all...a flawed charcater, let's give a chance.
The problem is we may have to wait for sometime[like how we waited for ASR to become Arnav] till it happensLOL.

Anjali is flawed... no doubt.. she is clingy, attention seeking and sees only the good or let me say what she wants to see. But the loop holes in the plot make her look worse in the current scenario!!! When truth like Shyam was engaged to Khushi.. Arnav knowing about Shyam intentions towards Khushi earlier on have been revealed to her... showing her to be turning a blind eye to that is not ok. If she is not believing these facts.. show a convincing reasoning behind that like Shyam cooking up a major lie to cover it up.. but leaving it in thin air and her saying its all a misunderstanding.. really?
She was always blinded in her trust in Shyam since the beginning.. but at that time it was believable cause he covered his tracks and she never cared to unravel things even when in front of her eyes.
But since the kidnapping fiasco a lot has changed and her character has regressed...

She made a hue and cry about Arnav lying to her.. paying more attention to Khushi!! Why even show that.. when in a couple of episodes down the line, they intended to show her doing the same. This time she was really lying and sneaking (while Arnav didnt) and cheating not just her brother but the entire family!!
Arnav was definitely mean but you had a feisty Khushi standing up to him and fighting him tooth and nail... and everytime he went overboard he was shown to regret and apologise.. which in those moments redeemed him. Infact his treatment of Khushi during the contract marriage was received with a lot of criticism and the lack of a large scale realisation and apology is still the talk of the town.

Meanness and dumbess is not of the same equation!! Dumbness and regression of woman shown to a lot of audience where majority are women makes it more difficult to swollen. If men were watching it.. am sure many would have said.. ya ya women are like this only.. when we do it wrong and when they do it right... they always blackmail, cry and manipulate like Anjali!! But for women its more like.. hell show me a woman like Anjali and I will beat some sense into her!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparumsunflower52

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Falciparum

Nice analysis! I agree! Daljeet may have asked for more screen space..but really , what we don't like is Anjali's portrayal..as a weak woman!
We all fell in love with the show coz Khushi was strong enough to stand To Arnav! Why can't Anjali be that strong?

Even though Anjali was depicted as a flawed character with insecurities and over belief.. but that was as flawed as she should have been!!! Now its like.. you think it cannot get worse than this for her and she is shown in worse light and more stupid and helpless and clingy than before!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparum

MagicLantern IF-Rockerz
MagicLantern
MagicLantern

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
even if i think rationally & keep aside the matter regarding  what really transpired between the PH & her, i don't want to see an incompetent actress for the larger part of the episode...as a viewer i have every right to voice my opinion about what i think works for the show or not ...the final verdict is ours ...we decide the fate of the show not the actors ..there is no harm in voicing our displeasure  coz at the end of the day we wish the show well...and the makers  make the show for us and not for the actor in question ...if the makers constantly decide to turn a blind eye to our pleas the show will suffer...this should should serve as a wake up call to them then they can decide for themselves whether they want  the show to last longer or not...after the show goes off air the audience will see barun sanaya in a new show... life will go on for us & sarun who would have people waiting to sign them... ...the loosers would be the ones who tried to cash on sarun & the show's popularity for their own personal growth coz they would be left empty handed for it was not their talent that helped them sustain.in the first place...

Edited by ght_sajan - 08 September 2012 at 1:02am

rvdhaliwal..sur..

MagicLantern IF-Rockerz
MagicLantern
MagicLantern

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged
oops sorry  forgot to add...anjali never clicked with the audience from day one so the makers can't expect to run the show on her shoulders(from this i don't mean they never liked her what i am saying is that they wouldn't miss her when she was not shown even when people seemed to like her)...anjali can hold your attention for max 5 minutes the character never really worked(with arnav yes she does work  but that again is a small part & not the reason why the show works for the viewers)...the characters who i think really worked for the show are arnav khushi & NK  ...people like watching these three characters on screen coz they've managed to strike a chord with us...we begin to miss them when they're not around unlike the other characters on the show...the major difference is this i didn't hear anyone complain when anjali was hardly shown...but that happens with sarun & to some extent even nk...the others are dispensable they're good for a maximum for 5 minutes after a point the characters fail to keep the viewers engaged...the makers should get the message loud & clear & build tracks around characters which work for the viewers...honestly expect sarun & maybe nk the rest of the characters can't keep us engaged...

Edited by ght_sajan - 08 September 2012 at 12:38am

..sur..Girlabouttown

Go to top